Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 08:39 AM

5,909 posts, read 3,803,796 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, February 4th 2014. Pantry moths! Arrrgh! Roomie and I have spent much of today emptying out the pantry, scrubbing it, throwing out contaminated food, washing plastic containers… and all the other stuff you have to do to get rid of the little beggars. None of the stores nearby have any of the sticky things that catch the strays we might have missed, so we’re clearly not the only ones in town who are dealing with them at the moment.
That must be aggravating as heck, hope you got 'em all Kobber!

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you had to deal with an infestation of any kind (ants, cockroaches, moths, mice, wasps… whatever)? What was the infestation and how did you deal with it?
Oh my gosh don't get me started, lets just say I've had two major infestations that were a nightmare to deal with. I thought I was going to lose what little mind I have left! I won't talk about it here because ya'll will think I'm a nasty person but I'm not, stuff happens even to the cleanest households.

Extra Credit Question:

Please feel free to share extra details…

Have you ever –

Boot-scooted (line dancing)?
Haha I tried but I have two left boots

Travelled in an ambulance (as driver, passenger, patient or accompanying a patient)?
Yes as a patient

Flown over an ocean?
Sure haven't

Prepared a meal that was so awful no-one would eat it?
LOL not yet

Gone out somewhere with your T-shirt on inside-out or back-to-front?
Yes several times

Bonus Question:

How old is the oldest member of your family and how old is the youngest member (can be immediate or extended family)?
I think my Aunt is close to 90 and the youngest is probably 4 or 5

Just for fun:

Today is Stuffed Mushroom Day. What’s your favourite stuffing for mushrooms?
Ooooh yummy, I love them stuffed with just about anything!

Thought for the Day:

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito. (Betty Reese)

Today is:

African American Coaches Day go team!
Liberace Day what a character he was
National Create A Vacuum Day
National Stuffed Mushroom Day yay!
Quacker Day quack quack?
USO Day
World Cancer Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 08:46 AM

24,510 posts, read 26,051,503 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you had to deal with an infestation of any kind (ants, cockroaches, moths, mice, wasps… whatever)? What was the infestation and how did you deal with it?
Seems like we get visited yearly by wasps building a hive under one of the eves, a good shot of wasp spray works wonders.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Ah, no

Travelled in an ambulance (as driver, passenger, patient or accompanying a patient)?
Nope

Flown over an ocean?
Yep

No

Guilty, but The Super Chief caught it before I got very far.

Bonus Question:

How old is the oldest member of your family and how old is the youngest member (can be immediate or extended family)?
MIL is gonna be 91, Youngest grandson is turning 21.

Just for fun:

Don't remember ever having them stuffed, like the, in other foods.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:46 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,660,297 times
[quote=Kobber;33318197]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, February 4th 2014. Pantry moths! Arrrgh! Roomie and I have spent much of today emptying out the pantry, scrubbing it, throwing out contaminated food, washing plastic containers… and all the other stuff you have to do to get rid of the little beggars. None of the stores nearby have any of the sticky things that catch the strays we might have missed, so we’re clearly not the only ones in town who are dealing with them at the moment.

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you had to deal with an infestation of any kind (ants, cockroaches, moths, mice, wasps… whatever)? What was the infestation and how did you deal with it? Not an infestation, I just needed to see one bug. When we moved into this house, I purchased new carpeting for the bedroom, I think the color was called stone or something similar. It didn't take long to learn the color of the carpet was the same color as scorpions. Ever since we found a scorpion in the bedroom, we've had an exterminator make a monthly visit.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Boot-scooted (line dancing)? No.

Travelled in an ambulance (as driver, passenger, patient or accompanying a patient)? Accompanying a patient.

Flown over an ocean? Yes.

Prepared a meal that was so awful no-one would eat it? No.

Gone out somewhere with your T-shirt on inside-out or back-to-front? No.

Bonus Question:

How old is the oldest member of your family and how old is the youngest member (can be immediate or extended family)? Oldest is 55, youngest is 52.

Just for fun:

Today is Stuffed Mushroom Day. What’s your favourite stuffing for mushrooms? Cheese.

Thought for the Day:

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito. (Betty Reese) LOL good one!.

Have a great day.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:51 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,460,802 times
[quote=Kobber;33318197]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, February 4th 2014. Pantry moths! Arrrgh! Roomie and I have spent much of today emptying out the pantry, scrubbing it, throwing out contaminated food, washing plastic containers… and all the other stuff you have to do to get rid of the little beggars. None of the stores nearby have any of the sticky things that catch the strays we might have missed, so we’re clearly not the only ones in town who are dealing with them at the moment.

Today’s Question:

yes...darn fruit flies and they are a pain!!!! I put out traps for the little buggers!!! I didn't think they would ever go away

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Boot-scooted (line dancing)? nope

Travelled in an ambulance (as driver, passenger, patient or accompanying a patient)? yes...x2 as a patient...I would prefer to never ever have to do it again!

Flown over an ocean? Yes, when I went to the Dominican Republic...

Prepared a meal that was so awful no-one would eat it? not that I can recall...

Gone out somewhere with your T-shirt on inside-out or back-to-front? hee hee....yes...I wore one of my scrub tops backwards to work How I managed to do that I don't know...it was just one of those days...I thought it was funny that no one noticed since it was half way through the shift before I did...

Bonus Question:

older than dirt and younger than me 90 something and not sure about the youngest...

Just for fun:

one with lots of cheese!!! and no fishy stuff...

Thought for the Day:

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito. (Betty Reese)

Mosquitoes aren't my type

HAVE A WONDERFULICIENT DAY EVERYONE!

Old 02-04-2014, 12:18 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,813,463 times

Today’s Question:

Only friends last Saturday night and every Halloween.
Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Boot-scooted (line dancing)?.....Yes many many moons ago.

Yes I had to take a patient to an MRI via ambulance at work. I had to manually breathe for him during the whole procedure as well. It was a pain in the rump.
Flown over an ocean?
Yes many many times, including a white knuckle ride during a rather intense thunder storm.
Yes but it was liver and onions which I love but John wouldn't eat.
No way.

Bonus Question:

I don't have any family except my younger brother and I don't know if he's alive or dead.
Just for fun:

Goat cheese. Lucille brought me some last Saturday and I've been thinking of ways to use it.
Thought for the Day:

Today is:

African American Coaches Day
Liberace Day
National Create A Vacuum Day
National Stuffed Mushroom Day
Quacker Day
USO Day
World Cancer Day

Thanks Kobber, sounds like that moth problem is a nightmare.

Well that whole 12 hour shift fiasco is a total nightmare. They have nurses working as PCT's. No RT staff except for tons of agency and a lot of frustrated employees. I worked from 3pm until 530 this morning and I'll be back at work at 3pm until? tonight. I'm working another 3pm to 7am double on Thursday. Poor John. His life revolves around my work schedule now and I forgot about roller skating on Friday.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:35 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,381,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Today’s Question:

Seems like we get visited yearly by wasps building a hive under one of the eves, a good shot of wasp spray works wonders.
You perhaps know that a good strong mixture of soapy water (Dawn & water) will have the very same effect on wasps as the expensive wasps sprays? Just make sure you use a spray bottle that sprays a strong stream of liquid and not a mist. I use a large medicine syringe used for cattle. They fall like someone hit them with a flame thrower.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:27 PM

16,907 posts, read 16,150,008 times
~ Hiya Kobber! Hello friends! Only 10 days until Ballantines day!

Today’s Question:

~ I spray the tiny ants that come to my kitchen about every 6 weeks, but I just spray a wee little bit where they come in from and they go away dead.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

~ Nope!

~ Nope!

Flown over an ocean?

~ Nope!

~ Nope!

~ Yep!

Bonus Question:

~ I have no idea! I don't practice the family thing, exceptin' that I love my mom.

Just for fun:

~ I don't know what was in any stuffed mushy that I've eaten.

Today is:

African American Coaches Day ~ Oh, good - then White American Coaches Day must be coming up soon, then, right?

National Create A Vacuum Day ~ Nope. I like my Bissel upright!
National Stuffed Mushroom Day
Quacker Day ~ That's just duckie!

~~ Thank thee, Kobber! It is a good week for to eat Captain Crunch cereal! ~~

Old 02-04-2014, 02:32 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,886,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Have you checked for ants in your pants...
Hmm.. Maybe that's why I've been a little.. Antsy lately...

Old 02-04-2014, 02:53 PM

27,368 posts, read 27,418,399 times
Ants? Rodents? Ironically, we havent had so much as a fly here since Ive been here, Im guessing the landlord takes real good care of this place. Not one spider, not one bug, not one anything!

Boot scootin boogie, heck yeah, I love it!
Ive flown over an ocean several times with my dad and brother. We went to Japan a couple of times to see my mom, lived in Guam, stopped for layovers in Hawaii, and of course, briefly flew over the ocean when leaving or coming back form TN to LAX in Calif, I dont know why they do that path but....
Stuffed mushrooms? Cheese! Lotsa cheese!

Old 02-04-2014, 03:22 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,608,399 times
When was the last time you had to deal with an infestation of any kind (ants, cockroaches, moths, mice, wasps… whatever)? What was the infestation and how did you deal with it? ewww I don't even want to think about it

Boot-scooted (line dancing)? yes but not necessarily well

Travelled in an ambulance (as driver, passenger, patient or accompanying a patient)? yes

Flown over an ocean? yes

Prepared a meal that was so awful no-one would eat it? We still chuckle about the chicken sausage dish I made and had a fit over and threw it out without even serving it - ick it smelled horrible!

How old is the oldest member of your family and how old is the youngest member (can be immediate or extended family)? I think oldest is 87 and youngest is 13 - that's just within my direct line of parents to niece - I didn't include cousins.

Today is Stuffed Mushroom Day. What’s your favourite stuffing for mushrooms? dunno
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics