Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2016, 12:15 PM

324 posts, read 389,789 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering why I am reading this thread...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 12:51 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,128,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
I don't really go to pubs in the evenings much anymore, because of the younger people in there boozing (no offence to you, of course! ). Although you do see some old men in there too, who are obviously regulars (probably getting away from their wives!).

If I do go to a pub, it's usually for a pub lunch. I quite like pub meals - the steak and ale pies, and scampi and chips, and all that.

You are the opposite to me - I love Marmite (a Marmite shortage would've been awful! ), but hate marmalade. Jam with bits of bitter orange rind in it?! Yuck!!
I love pub lunches too! The local Weatherspoons do some pretty reasonable pub-grub during the "happy hours" of 11 till 2. Gammon, egg and chips, is always a favourite, and isn't too filling either.

As for Marmite - I'm sure the local council use it to tarmac the roads round here

And as for the marmalade, you can get the shredless stuff, but for purists such as myself, I love the peel - the thicker the better

Quote:
You wanna be getting one of those little bags that fold away, and it's like a keyring, to put on your keys or purse. See, we've had bag charges in Wales for a few years before you lot in England! There's no way I'm paying for a bag!
I do have some proper shopping bags that I bought from the local Wilko a few months back. And very useful they are too..... when I remember to take them out of the boot of the car during my weekly shop

Just had one of the half-melted KKs by the way. Bloody gorgeous!

Now if there was going to be KK shortage, I would most certainly go into a tailspin of panic, doom and gloom !

Old 10-15-2016, 12:56 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,198,785 times
Yeah thats me, whats for lunch?

Old 10-15-2016, 01:18 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,085,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walessp View Post
I'm wondering why I am reading this thread...
Yeah, I feel like that most of the time too! It should be called 'The British Are Waffling On About Some Rubbish Again Thread' shouldn't it?! I must say that I like your name though - it has the word 'Wales' in it... which is good.

Old 10-15-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
I love pub lunches too! The local Weatherspoons do some pretty reasonable pub-grub during the "happy hours" of 11 till 2. Gammon, egg and chips, is always a favourite, and isn't too filling either.

As for Marmite - I'm sure the local council use it to tarmac the roads round here

And as for the marmalade, you can get the shredless stuff, but for purists such as myself, I love the peel - the thicker the better

I do have some proper shopping bags that I bought from the local Wilko a few months back. And very useful they are too..... when I remember to take them out of the boot of the car during my weekly shop

Just had one of the half-melted KKs by the way. Bloody gorgeous!

Now if there was going to be KK shortage, I would most certainly go into a tailspin of panic, doom and gloom !
Yes, who needs some posh restaurant (we haven't even got any around here!), when you've got pub grub.

The trick with Marmite is to lay it on very thinly. Too much and it burns your mouth. I'm guessing you still won't like thinly spread Marmite though.

I don't care for the shredless marmalade either - I just don't like the stuff. Same as with you and the Marmite.

I take it you have a 'bag for life'? The problem is, they have an oxymoronic name and don't actually last for life!

What's "one of the half-melted Kit Kats"? You dunk it in a cup of tea or something?

Old 10-15-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, who needs some posh restaurant (we haven't even got any around here!), when you've got pub grub.

The trick with Marmite is to lay it on very thinly. Too much and it burns your mouth. I'm guessing you still won't like thinly spread Marmite though.

I don't care for the shredless marmalade either - I just don't like the stuff. Same as with you and the Marmite.

I take it you have a 'bag for life'? The problem is, they have an oxymoronic name and don't actually last for life!

What's "one of the half-melted Kit Kats"? You dunk it in a cup of tea or something?

Star - in one of my earlier posts today I mentioned having to drop a couple of packets of KitKats down my sweatshirt while running home. Well some of this KKs partially melted due to the effort.

However, I do sometimes dunk ordinary KKs into my tea, and suck off all the chocolate, and then nibble on the wafer biscuit

Right now I am watching episodes of Red Dwarf on Kodi. I last watched this during my uni days, and it was great fun back then. But watching it again now, and I can only just about muster a titter

Old 10-15-2016, 01:46 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,459,631 times
Quote:

You've got a special room in your house, just to stash booze?! In case the end of the World is nigh?!

Didn't have you down as a Bacardi drinker though. Bit of a... girly drink, isn't it?!
Girly........ Girly!!................ What's girly about bacardi? Have you ever been to Cuba? Baby boys drink it instead of their mother's milk!!........... Gin is girly.....Martini is girly...... Southern Comfort is girly...... bacardi is not girly!!...........

Yes, we have a booze bedroom. Well, it has zero coke in it as well. Plus tins of Quality Street, Roses, and Heroes. I am ready for the revolution...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eV-t4kVxRo

Old 10-15-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
Star - in one of my earlier posts today I mentioned having to drop a couple of packets of KitKats down my sweatshirt while running home. Well some of this KKs partially melted due to the effort.

However, I do sometimes dunk ordinary KKs into my tea, and suck off all the chocolate, and then nibble on the wafer biscuit

Right now I am watching episodes of Red Dwarf on Kodi. I last watched this during my uni days, and it was great fun back then. But watching it again now, and I can only just about muster a titter
Ah right, got it now. There's nothing worse than a half melted chocolate bar. Even if you put it in the fridge afterwards - it's just not quite the same afterwards.

Have you seen any of the new series of Red Dwarf? I've got it on series link at the moment.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Girly........ Girly!!................ What's girly about bacardi? Have you ever been to Cuba? Baby boys drink it instead of their mother's milk!!........... Gin is girly.....Martini is girly...... Southern Comfort is girly...... bacardi is not girly!!...........

Yes, we have a booze bedroom. Well, it has zero coke in it as well. Plus tins of Quality Street, Roses, and Heroes. I am ready for the revolution...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eV-t4kVxRo
It's just that when you mentioned Bacardi, it reminded me of those bottles of Bacardi Breezers that I used to drink. They came in all these fruity, girly flavours!

Gin isn't girly! Plymouth Gin is amazing, and was made to put hairs on the chests of the sailors! I've been on a tour of the Plymouth Gin Distillery.

What else are you stocking up on?! Tins of Spam or pilchards?! It's good to be prepared, I suppose!

Old 10-15-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Ah right, got it now. There's nothing worse than a half melted chocolate bar. Even if you put it in the fridge afterwards - it's just not quite the same afterwards.

Have you seen any of the new series of Red Dwarf? I've got it on series link at the moment.
I have heard about the new series, but I doubt I will watch it because sometimes they don't live up to expectations after a long absence - "Only Fools and Horses" is one such example. They should have left it when Delboy and Rodney finally became millionaires, and not drag it on for no real purpuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics