Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2016, 02:38 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,457,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
It's just that when you mentioned Bacardi, it reminded me of those bottles of Bacardi Breezers that I used to drink. They came in all these fruity, girly flavours!

Gin isn't girly! Plymouth Gin is amazing, and was made to put hairs on the chests of the sailors! I've been on a tour of the Plymouth Gin Distillery.

What else are you stocking up on?! Tins of Spam or pilchards?! It's good to be prepared, I suppose!
I visited a Gin factory once on the island of Menorca. It was real interesting, and there were many flavours of Gin. But it's still girly.............

I have never drunk a Bacardi Breezer.............. they are girly for sure. All those types of drinks are aimed at girls.

I also have a large stock of baked beans......... No Spam......... I think I should start buying tinned steak, so we're ready for when it hits the fan. I'm thinking about firewood...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 02:47 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,083,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
I have heard about the new series, but I doubt I will watch it because sometimes they don't live up to expectations after a long absence - "Only Fools and Horses" is one such example. They should have left it when Delboy and Rodney finally became millionaires, and not drag it on for no real purpuse.
Unfortunately, that's true. They keep dragging these things out sometimes.

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I once met David Jason! Years ago, he used to go out with a Welsh actress called Myfanwy Talog (who sadly died).

One day, me and my mother were in Cardiff, having our hair done, and David Jason was in the hairdressers too! I was only a teenager, and was really star-struck, lol!

But my Dad came in to pick us up, and he had a chat with him. My Dad told him that his favourite episode was the one where they dropped the chandelier on the floor - and David Jason said that it was his favourite episode too!

My Dad also told him that I had my exams coming up, and David very kindly wrote a note for me saying "Good luck with your exams", and did his autograph. I still have the note.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I visited a Gin factory once on the island of Menorca. It was real interesting, and there were many flavours of Gin. But it's still girly.............

I have never drunk a Bacardi Breezer.............. they are girly for sure. All those types of drinks are aimed at girls.

I also have a large stock of baked beans......... No Spam......... I think I should start buying tinned steak, so we're ready for when it hits the fan. I'm thinking about firewood...........
Yes, you can get Sloe Gin as well - they were showing us that too, and all the ingredients. And we had a little glass of the gins afterwards.

Actually, before Xmas every year, I get stocked up with lots of tinned food. But this is in case we get snowed in during January. I bet you'll never starve at your house though!

Old 10-15-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:

Actually, before Xmas every year, I get stocked up with lots of tinned food. But this is in case we get snowed in during January. I bet you'll never starve at your house though!
We have two freezers stuffed with meat........ as long as the electricity doesn't fail, we'll face up to the downfall of civilization. Well, for a while anyway..............

Old 10-15-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
We have two freezers stuffed with meat........ as long as the electricity doesn't fail, we'll face up to the downfall of civilization. Well, for a while anyway..............
Don't let it all get out of date though! Didn't you once have some Cadburys Drinking Chocolate that was 10 years out of date, or something?!

Old 10-15-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Don't let it all get out of date though! Didn't you once have some Cadburys Drinking Chocolate that was 10 years out of date, or something?!
Oh yeah....... the drinking chocolate.......... After discovery of the ancient powder, I did an inventory of everything else in the cupboards. The real person at fault is Judy's mother. She still has string hidden from the Second World War. "You never know when it'll come in handy" is her cry.

There are ancient artifacts all over this house. In the dining room is one of those roll top desks. It is full of ancient junk. Nobody ever looks in it except me......... for years. I mentioned throwing it away, with all the 'stuff' inside it. The cries of pain were heard all round our cul-de-sac. "Tell me one thing that is in it" I asked the tearful pair. "Lots of important stuff. Old insurance policies for one thing......." We're talking penny policies that will probably pay out 50p on death. I live with a very old hoarder, and her apprentice......

"You get rid of your playing cards and dice collection David, and then we'll talk about the desk." What more can I do when they want me to get rid of important stuff in exchange for junk? I rest my case.

English Dave. News at Ten.

Old 10-15-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah....... the drinking chocolate.......... After discovery of the ancient powder, I did an inventory of everything else in the cupboards. The real person at fault is Judy's mother. She still has string hidden from the Second World War. "You never know when it'll come in handy" is her cry.

There are ancient artifacts all over this house. In the dining room is one of those roll top desks. It is full of ancient junk. Nobody ever looks in it except me......... for years. I mentioned throwing it away, with all the 'stuff' inside it. The cries of pain were heard all round our cul-de-sac. "Tell me one thing that is in it" I asked the tearful pair. "Lots of important stuff. Old insurance policies for one thing......." We're talking penny policies that will probably pay out 50p on death. I live with a very old hoarder, and her apprentice......

"You get rid of your playing cards and dice collection David, and then we'll talk about the desk." What more can I do when they want me to get rid of important stuff in exchange for junk? I rest my case.

English Dave. News at Ten.
That's right - blame the mother-in-law! She sounds like my Nan, who used to keep absolutely everything "just in case".

I think they may have come from an era where money was scarce, and people used to 'make do and mend', so used to keep everything.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:46 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,127,185 times
At this late (or is it early) hour of 4:45, I am currently thinking about my exams on Monday

Old 10-16-2016, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
At this late (or is it early) hour of 4:45, I am currently thinking about my exams on Monday
Mornin' Zola....... exams? You've never mentioned any upcoming schooling, or have you? Or do you mean medical exams? I keep well away from the doctor. I'd have to be real sick before I made an appointment.

All quiet here....... almost time for my second coffee of the day. Ah, it's an exciting life I lead for sure. Still, we're off to Spain in a few weeks. Ya gotta have something to look forward to!!

Old 10-16-2016, 05:14 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,127,185 times
Quote:
Mornin' Zola....... exams? You've never mentioned any upcoming schooling, or have you? Or do you mean medical exams? I keep well away from the doctor. I'd have to be real sick before I made an appointment.

All quiet here....... almost time for my second coffee of the day. Ah, it's an exciting life I lead for sure. Still, we're off to Spain in a few weeks. Ya gotta have something to look forward to!!
Morning, Dave. My exam is work-related and all to do with VMware DataCentre and Cloud+ technologies. I am aiming to be VMWare certified in the next 12 months, but I need to study and pass a number of prerequisite courses/exams first, starting with this one tomorrow

https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/pl...80&ui=www_cert

followed by this one a bit further down the line

https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/pl...79&ui=www_cert

which should all equate to a VCP6-DCV Certification

But there's still a long way to go before I reach some exalted heights (along with a massive bump in salary, hopefully)

Time for more revision, methinks

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics