Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2016, 01:12 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,459,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
Good morning, Star, Dave and everyone else up and about at this time.

Yes, Star, I did have a few drinks last night, but I decided not to go out partying afterwards. Just stayed in the pub with a couple of the girls, and listening to a live rock tribute band perform play some ACDC, Van Halen and Black Sabbath tracks.

They weren't too bad actually. And got a decent couple of encores by the time they finished at around 11pm. By that time I was only drinking Southern Comforts on the rocks. And by 1am we all decided to call it a night. None of us were really out of our faces, and none of us ended up in some dodgy chippy scoffing an even dodgier Kebab!

Straight home, shower, drank plenty of water, couple of Paracetamol as a precaution; and then off to bed.

Feel fine this morning, although I didn't bother with my morning jog. Will do that this evening I think.

As for Marmite - Ye Gods, hate the stuff!! Excrement-of-the-Gods more like. I would rather spend a weekend with Donald Trump

I love marmalade on my toast: especially Robinson's Golden Shred!

Now you've got me thinking about breakfast.......<Zola checks kitchen cupboards>..... Bugger, got none!
Morning Zola...... You are a smart girl, plenty of water before you went to bed, after a night boozing. I recommend this, but never do it myself.......... I find Bacardi doesn't give me a headache, unlike beer!

I can't drink Southern Comfort anymore. I used to like it, then they changed the bottle shape, and lowered the alcohol content, oh, years ago now. It didn't taste the same. I think it is made in Ireland nowadays. Either that, or bottled there. I haven't tried it in America, and should have. Just to see if it tastes like it used to over there.

Marmite is great as long as you spread it real thin on toast. It has a very strong flavour for sure. It doesn't need much, so a jar lasts a long time!

I have already eaten my breakfast. Usual stuff....... two slices of toast. One with cheese, smoked salmon, coleslaw, and sliced tomato. The other with crunchy peanut butter, coleslaw, and tomato. Washed down with coffee. I have the exact same thing every day, which I know, is kind of sad. But, I don't eat any lunch because this breakfast lasts me all day.

Don't mention the Donald. Boy, it's getting messy...............

Have yourself a relaxing Saturday after a long week at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 01:27 AM

I just read on the BBC news page that Jean Alexander has died. Boy, that was sad. Jean was one of the most well known faces for many years in 'Coronation Street', which is a soap opera that has run in Britain for 56 years. She left it almost 30 years ago, but her memory lives on in the minds of older soap fans.

She was a fantastic actress, and one of her proudest possessions was a signed photo from Laurence Olivier, who was a fan. He had a very high opinion of her as an actress. She went on to do other work, but she will be remembered for her great character acting in 'Coronation Street.'

Her character Hilda, had a lot to put up with. Especially her useless husband Stan..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4gFDoNak0U

Old 10-15-2016, 01:47 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,128,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Morning Zola...... You are a smart girl, plenty of water before you went to bed, after a night boozing. I recommend this, but never do it myself.......... I find Bacardi doesn't give me a headache, unlike beer!

I can't drink Southern Comfort anymore. I used to like it, then they changed the bottle shape, and lowered the alcohol content, oh, years ago now. It didn't taste the same. I think it is made in Ireland nowadays. Either that, or bottled there. I haven't tried it in America, and should have. Just to see if it tastes like it used to over there.

Marmite is great as long as you spread it real thin on toast. It has a very strong flavour for sure. It doesn't need much, so a jar lasts a long time!

I have already eaten my breakfast. Usual stuff....... two slices of toast. One with cheese, smoked salmon, coleslaw, and sliced tomato. The other with crunchy peanut butter, coleslaw, and tomato. Washed down with coffee. I have the exact same thing every day, which I know, is kind of sad. But, I don't eat any lunch because this breakfast lasts me all day.

Don't mention the Donald. Boy, it's getting messy...............

Have yourself a relaxing Saturday after a long week at work.
Morning, Dave

I ran to my local Sainsbury's a couple of miles down the road and bought myself a jar of Golden Shred marmalade, along with a bottle of milk and some KitKats (buy one packet of 4 x 4, get a second pack FREE!!! So how could I resist!!? lol)

of course, one slight problem coming back was that I had no bag, and no car. So decided to stuff the KitKats down my sweatshirt, while carrying the marmalde in one hand, and the milk in the other. And because I needed to pee (yeah, TMI), I ran very quickly back home - which was incredibly difficult and painful, especially with 2 big packets of KitKats rubbing against the flesh of my stomach and belly!

By the time I got home, I removed said sweatshirt, to find a load of scratches all over the shop! Moreover, the KitKats that were pressed up against my body had partially melted!! So have put them in the fridge.

However, I am now enjoying a couple of rounds of toast with some Golden Shed on top! Delicious! Apart from all the crumbs dropping onto my keyboard, along with the odd blob of marmalade!

I really am a messy eater sometimes

And I would agree with you about the Southern Comfort. It used to be pretty potent back in the day; but now I can easily get through 50% of a bottle in one sitting and not feel ill the following day.

Might just go back to Jack Daniels.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Morning, Dave

I ran to my local Sainsbury's a couple of miles down the road and bought myself a jar of Golden Shred marmalade, along with a bottle of milk and some KitKats (buy one packet of 4 x 4, get a second pack FREE!!! So how could I resist!!? lol)

of course, one slight problem coming back was that I had no bag, and no car. So decided to stuff the KitKats down my sweatshirt, while carrying the marmalde in one hand, and the milk in the other. And because I needed to pee (yeah, TMI), I ran very quickly back home - which was incredibly difficult and painful, especially with 2 big packets of KitKats rubbing against the flesh of my stomach and belly!

By the time I got home, I removed said sweatshirt, to find a load of scratches all over the shop! Moreover, the KitKats that were pressed up against my body had partially melted!! So have put them in the fridge.

However, I am now enjoying a couple of rounds of toast with some Golden Shed on top! Delicious! Apart from all the crumbs dropping onto my keyboard, along with the odd blob of marmalade!

I really am a messy eater sometimes

And I would agree with you about the Southern Comfort. It used to be pretty potent back in the day; but now I can easily get through 50% of a bottle in one sitting and not feel ill the following day.

Might just go back to Jack Daniels.
I like your style - too tight to pay 5p for a plastic bag......I'm the same way!!........ I think Southern Comfort is now 35 proof, and it used to be 40. I seem to remember buying some in America that was 43 proof. It has definately altered the taste, so I stopped buying it years ago. I used to like getting a bottle in at Christmas.........

Judy likes Jack Daniels for a change from Vodka. She likes Gentleman Jack on the rocks. Sadly, I only like Bacardi and coke, a few nights a week, and wine with Sunday dinner. I have large stocks which I store in the spare bedroom, in which there is no bed.............. Bacardi and wine all over the floor, and vodka, gin, and Jack Daniels on top of a large set of drawers. I'm ready for when the revolution comes...............

Old 10-15-2016, 07:07 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,128,221 times
Quote:
I like your style - too tight to pay 5p for a plastic bag......I'm the same way!!........ I think Southern Comfort is now 35 proof, and it used to be 40. I seem to remember buying some in America that was 43 proof. It has definately altered the taste, so I stopped buying it years ago. I used to like getting a bottle in at Christmas.........

Judy likes Jack Daniels for a change from Vodka. She likes Gentleman Jack on the rocks. Sadly, I only like Bacardi and coke, a few nights a week, and wine with Sunday dinner. I have large stocks which I store in the spare bedroom, in which there is no bed.............. Bacardi and wine all over the floor, and vodka, gin, and Jack Daniels on top of a large set of drawers. I'm ready for when the revolution comes...............
Actually I didn't think to buy a bag until I was about 50 meters down the road from the store!

Have spent the last hour cutting the lawn, digging up a few weeds, raking dead leaves, cleared all the moss and crud out of my conservatory guttering, and unblocked the drains

I love living in the fast lane, ha!

Old 10-15-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Actually I didn't think to buy a bag until I was about 50 meters down the road from the store!

Have spent the last hour cutting the lawn, digging up a few weeds, raking dead leaves, cleared all the moss and crud out of my conservatory guttering, and unblocked the drains

I love living in the fast lane, ha!
Judy is a born again bag reuser! We walk in ASDA loaded down with empty bags ready for the job ahead.

I am done with the garden for this year. Except for some hydrangea bushes that I will chop down once Judy's mother decides the time has come.........

I hate gardening with a passion, and if it was up to me, the whole garden would be paved!!......

Old 10-15-2016, 11:48 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,085,454 times
Quote:
Thank you for a good laugh first thing in the morning Star!! My stash isn't a secret............ I call it my booze bedroom!! Can't move in there for bacardi, vodka, gin, Jack Daniels and wine..........

I knew Marmite was under threat, but didn't realise Magnums also!........ Well, Tesco and Unilever have sorted things out, and the threat has gone away for now. Next time it may be Bacardi - so I am prepared, and ready for a siege!! If you have a headache this morning Star, Unilever also make pain killers........
Ah... yes. I don't get hangovers, because I don't drink enough to. I only have a drink every 3 months or so (although it's probably every couple of months really. Next one: Xmas/New Year?). I don't really think about it, but every so often I have a Coke and think a bit of Whisky would be ok in it. I guess I should just keep off the Coke!

I know this guy though, who has to have a drink every night. He thinks that by just having the one, it's ok. But that's still 365 drinks per year! (366 drinks this year, of course, because it's a leap year!). It all adds up.

You've got a special room in your house, just to stash booze?! In case the end of the World is nigh?! Your list of items reminds me of that song "He drinks a Whisky drink, he drinks a Vodka drink, he drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...":

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GAM9diIDHqs

Didn't have you down as a Bacardi drinker though. Bit of a... girly drink, isn't it?!

Old 10-15-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Good morning, Star, Dave and everyone else up and about at this time.

Yes, Star, I did have a few drinks last night, but I decided not to go out partying afterwards. Just stayed in the pub with a couple of the girls, and listening to a live rock tribute band perform play some ACDC, Van Halen and Black Sabbath tracks.

They weren't too bad actually. And got a decent couple of encores by the time they finished at around 11pm. By that time I was only drinking Southern Comforts on the rocks. And by 1am we all decided to call it a night. None of us were really out of our faces, and none of us ended up in some dodgy chippy scoffing an even dodgier Kebab!

Straight home, shower, drank plenty of water, couple of Paracetamol as a precaution; and then off to bed.

Feel fine this morning, although I didn't bother with my morning jog. Will do that this evening I think.

As for Marmite - Ye Gods, hate the stuff!! Excrement-of-the-Gods more like. I would rather spend a weekend with Donald Trump

I love marmalade on my toast: especially Robinson's Golden Shred!

Now you've got me thinking about breakfast.......<Zola checks kitchen cupboards>..... Bugger, got none!
I don't really go to pubs in the evenings much anymore, because of the younger people in there boozing (no offence to you, of course! ). Although you do see some old men in there too, who are obviously regulars (probably getting away from their wives!).

If I do go to a pub, it's usually for a pub lunch. I quite like pub meals - the steak and ale pies, and scampi and chips, and all that.

You are the opposite to me - I love Marmite (a Marmite shortage would've been awful! ), but hate marmalade. Jam with bits of bitter orange rind in it?! Yuck!!

Old 10-15-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
I just read on the BBC news page that Jean Alexander has died. Boy, that was sad. Jean was one of the most well known faces for many years in 'Coronation Street', which is a soap opera that has run in Britain for 56 years. She left it almost 30 years ago, but her memory lives on in the minds of older soap fans.

She was a fantastic actress, and one of her proudest possessions was a signed photo from Laurence Olivier, who was a fan. He had a very high opinion of her as an actress. She went on to do other work, but she will be remembered for her great character acting in 'Coronation Street.'

Her character Hilda, had a lot to put up with. Especially her useless husband Stan..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4gFDoNak0U
Aw, she was a great actress. Her character Hilda, together with husband Stan, were two of the best in Corrie. They were legends!

Old 10-15-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Judy is a born again bag reuser! We walk in ASDA loaded down with empty bags ready for the job ahead.
You wanna be getting one of those little bags that fold away, and it's like a keyring, to put on your keys or purse. See, we've had bag charges in Wales for a few years before you lot in England! There's no way I'm paying for a bag!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics