Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 12:14 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,892,576 times

Advertisements

Here we are with another month gone by and a new one on the way. Let's celebrate with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Which day do you consider to be the first day of the week?
Monday!

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired?
Sunday if any.

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking?
Yes! I'll just say ...don't do it . I quit with the patches. They were actually stronger ans lasted longer than they were supposed to . But the hardest part of quitting was not having that cigarette in your hand and mouth. I ate one hell of a lot of Dum Dums and posted like a mad man on CD. Ending up with more posts than anyone else at the time.
Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any Halloween candy recently or is there any candy you look forward to this time of year?
Not really.

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else?
Vanilla Coke and Cherry Coke from fountain like we had in the 50's and 60's.

Just To:
This question was formed before Wednesday's bookish questions. Really! It was. If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store?
Library.

Wishing everyone a good September! Thanks BJ. Same to you and everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 12:23 AM

61,854 posts, read 87,314,674 times
There we are with another month gone by and a new one on the way. Let's celebrate with . . .

Today's Question(s):

Monday. Like most of the world (the international ISO 8601 standard). It makes sense too.

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired?

Weekend. Less things "to do"

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking?

Cigarettes in my 20's for about 5 years or so. Pretty heavy smoker but I quit cold turkey. Never touched them since.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any Halloween candy recently or is there any candy you look forward to this time of year?

Not into Halloween stuff and not promoting obesity.

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else?

I really like dark, sweetened, cold cocoa drink with a scoop of vanilla gelato, and little whipped cream on the top.

Just To:
This question was formed before Wednesday's bookish questions. Really! It was. If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store?

I buy paper books, mostly. In a mortar store.

Wishing everyone a good September!

Thank you, bjh!!
Happy, and cooler September, peeps!

Last edited by elnina; 09-01-2022 at 12:43 AM..

Old 09-01-2022, 12:50 AM

44,374 posts, read 20,088,633 times
Today's Question(s):

Which day do you consider to be the first day of the week? Monday.

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired? Nope. It just depends on what comes up from day to day.

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking? None of the above, ever.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any Halloween candy recently or is there any candy you look forward to this time of year? Haven't bought any yet. I like candy corn, but I no longer or eat it. I give out chocolate bars to trick or treaters and if I have some left over, they're for me.

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else? A malt would be great. I haven't had one in decades.

Just To:
This question was formed before Wednesday's bookish questions. Really! It was. If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store? Brick and mortar store. A couple of times I purchased a book online, but I usually just go to Barnes & Noble if I need a book.

Wishing everyone a good September! Thanks for the questions, bjh.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 09-01-2022, 12:58 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,397,772 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):
Which day do you consider to be the first day of the week? Now, Mondays. September and October it will be Tuesday, I will be off work on Sunday/Monday.

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking? I quit when I was 21. It was one of the hardest things. Pretty happy I quit when I was young. After about a month my I saw my grandfather and he gave me a bag full of cigarettes. Way back in the 80's they would promote cigarettes by giving out packs in the city. My grandfather collected several for me. I didn't have the heart to tell him I quit. It was quite difficult having that bag! I did toss them out! I still miss it. Certainly wouldn't go back to smoking, it is a nasty habit.

Foodie Question(s):

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else? I will take a small peanut butter/chocolate ice cream cone.

Just To:
This question was formed before Wednesday's bookish questions. Really! It was. If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store? Online

Enjoy the day...feels like Autumn is creeping in, the mornings are lovely.

Old 09-01-2022, 01:37 AM

16,080 posts, read 21,184,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Here we are with another month gone by and a new one on the way. Let's celebrate with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Mondays

No, still working and I have a variable schedule. I take it easy whenever I get the chance.

I smoked exactly once, as a teen, in a friend's car. It was a disaster, we had to clean the car after my unfortunate reaction, and I never attempted it again.

Foodie Question(s):
I don't get any trick or treaters, so other than a couple of Reese's peanut butter pumpkins for myself I don't 'do' Halloween candy

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else? I haven't had a banana split in eons so I'd probably get one loaded up with vanilla bean ice cream, fudge syrup, pineapple syrup, strawberry syrup, whipped cream, nuts, and a cherry on top!

Just To:
This question was formed before Wednesday's bookish questions. Really! It was. If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store? For me physical books come from a brick and mortar. I love, love, love glancing through the pages and admiring the cover art when trying to decide on a purchase of that kind.

Thanks

Old 09-01-2022, 01:48 AM

14,789 posts, read 8,130,933 times
Quote:

Today's Question(s):
Monday

Sunday

Foodie Question(s):

Hot fudge Sundae
Just To:

Ditto!

Old 09-01-2022, 03:33 AM

30,569 posts, read 16,259,857 times
Quote:

what? wait-where did August go?

Today's Question(s):

never thought about it but, yea, Monday seems to fit the description.

not really

tried a cigar. once. yuk
quit smoking cigarettes when they went up to 50cents/pack.

Foodie Question(s):

never do.

that brownie sundae looks pretty good.
Just To:
try to buy real books in a real store. Can't always. Library is cheaper anyway.

thanks, bjh.

Old 09-01-2022, 06:29 AM

126,300 posts, read 19,083,256 times
Quote:

Today's Question(s):
Which day do you consider to be the first day of the week?.....................Monday

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired? ..................I like my Fryday,Saturday and Sunday,but it is good to keep busy

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking?............................No

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any Halloween candy recently or is there any candy you look forward to this time of year?...........................No I have not

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else? .............................I don't like sodas or shakes

Just To:
This question was formed before Wednesday's bookish questions. Really! It was. If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store? ...............In a real store

Thank you bjh

Old 09-01-2022, 06:51 AM

7,377 posts, read 5,491,311 times

Today's Question(s):
Which day do you consider to be the first day of the week? Monday

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired? Sunday

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking? Cigarette smoking habit I had for 25 years, quit in 2002. It was a bad habit.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any Halloween candy recently or is there any candy you look forward to this time of year? Not yet.

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else? root beer float

Just To:
Online.

Wishing everyone a good September! thank you!

Old 09-01-2022, 06:55 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times
Thank you so much, bjh!

Which day do you consider to be the first day of the week? Monday is the first work day generally, though I don't work from Sunday through Wednesday. I guess I consider Sunday to be the first day of the week.

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired? Mondays are generally slow for me. Sundays are too but both are enjoyable to me.

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking? The only thing I can think of was that one time in a theater when I was a teen and pretty drunk, I tried to light the filter end of a cigarette in the dark. Oh well. Sorry! Never been a smoker.

Have you bought any Halloween candy recently or is there any candy you look forward to this time of year? I always mix up candy corn and some sort of hot, sweet nuts this time of year, and keep them out on my counter.

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else? I love Coke floats.

This question was formed before Wednesday's bookish questions. Really! It was. If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store? I buy nearly all my books used online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics