Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 07:02 AM

2,290 posts, read 1,434,146 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
Which day do you consider to be the first day of the week?

Monday.

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired?

Not a specific day.

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking?

I’ve never smoked.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any Halloween candy recently or is there any candy you look forward to this time of year?

No, I haven’t. I’ll try not to buy it but I’ll probably fail at some point. Though I think all my favorites no longer taste as good as they used to so the temptation is not as strong anymore.

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else?

Banana, kale, strawberry smoothie.

Just To:
This question was formed before Wednesday's bookish questions. Really! It was. If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store?

Usually I only buy e-books online. I’m more likely to buy a physical copy of a book if I just happen to come across something I’m interested while at a store.

[/b]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 07:46 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,260,275 times
Today's Question(s):
Which day do you consider to be the first day of the week? Monday, probably just because it starts the work week.

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired? Normally that's Sunday, I'll plan any strenuous weekend activities for Saturday, relax on Sunday.

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking? All of the above at once time or another when young, even a few joints.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any Halloween candy recently or is there any candy you look forward to this time of year? No, it's way too early to buy Halloween candy, and I stick to the Sugar-Free varieties now.

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else? I think I'll go for a Cherry Phosphate.

Just To:
This question was formed before Wednesday's bookish questions. Really! It was. If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store?
I have actually never bought a book, except for college text books.

Old 09-01-2022, 08:44 AM

1,847 posts, read 835,055 times
Today's Question(s):
Which day do you consider to be the first day of the week? Monday (never look forward to them).

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired? Friday

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking? Nope, always seemed like an expensive habit.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any Halloween candy recently or is there any candy you look forward to this time of year? Always look forward to a Butterfinger around Halloween. Recently got some peach rings.

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else? Ice Cream Shake preferably Oreo or vanilla.

Just To:
This question was formed before Wednesday's bookish questions. Really! It was. If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store? Neither

Old 09-01-2022, 10:41 AM

24,768 posts, read 28,535,428 times
Here we are with another month gone by and a new one on the way. Let's celebrate with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Which day do you consider to be the first day of the week? When I have my second cup of coffee

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired? Everyday

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a onetime thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking? Back when.... 60's being a cool... Lucky Strike tucked up behind the ear, short sleeve T with the pack showing. and cursing being cool with my lady next to me, take a drag and pull the cig away and sticks to your lips. now you have a fire down below grab the dang sig flick it out the vent window and it rolls along the glass and sticks to the window.. duh roll the window and the sig now on the felt. pull the car over get out and grab the sig and smash it on the road

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any Halloween candy recently or is there any candy you look forward to this time of year?
Candy Corn and Nonpareils

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else? Black Cherry Cola with cherry/vanilla cream with toasted coconut..

Just To:
This question was formed before Wednesday's bookish questions. Really! It was. If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store? Brick and Mortar you then can sit on the floor and thumb through it

Wishing everyone a good September!

Thanks BJH ............ Plenty of catalogs to read in the outback out house..

Old 09-01-2022, 11:07 AM

24,480 posts, read 26,021,800 times
Today's Question(s):
That would be Monday.

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired?
Nope, the're all take it easy days.

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking?
Cigarettes for too many years. Quit cold turkey.

Foodie Question(s):
No, in fact I just received 5 lbs of chocolate coated caramel candy as a BD gift.

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else?
The largest bowl of stawberry ice cream they can come up with.

Just To:
Most likely, on line.

Thanx bjh.

Old 09-01-2022, 11:42 AM

9,727 posts, read 14,273,043 times
Which day do you consider to be the first day of the week? Monday

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired? No, I work 7 days/week, and whenever my workload gets under control, I can take a few hours, or a day or two off.

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, No and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking? N/A

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any Halloween candy recently or is there any candy you look forward to this time of year? No and No

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else? I like Black Cows. And, when I go through Wendy's drive thru, my favorite is their Strawberry Frosty.

If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store? Not Applicable.....Big Time!

Thanks for the Q(s) of the Day!

Old 09-01-2022, 12:13 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
[quote=bjh;64064939]Here we are with another month gone by and a new one on the way. Let's celebrate with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Monday. It's the traditional first day of the work week.
Nope. It goes by need and how tired I am. Right now I'm chillin for most of the day. Two back to back ten mile bikes rides and a late night walkies with Joe until 1am this morning. Before that working up in a hot attic for a couple of days. Still going to the condo pool today.
I never believed in smoking anything that didn't get you high. Nope it was never a habit. More of a social thing.
Foodie Question(s):
Haven't bought any yet, but I look forward to that witches caldron being full of a variety of chocolate bars.
A turtle sundae with mint chocolate chip, whip cream, nuts and a cherry.
Just To:
Library and return it. I hate clutter. If I want to read it again, I'll go get it again. Audio books are fun too. I love lying in bed listening to one.

Thanks bjh. I can't believe it's September either. Time flies like lightening these days. I think I want to go down and watch a movie on the big screen.

Old 09-01-2022, 01:14 PM

99,618 posts, read 4,495,071 times
Which day do you consider to be the first day of the week? Monday

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired? No

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking? I smoked cigarettes for almost 5 years when I was in my 20s. Tried to quit numerous times. Could never get past 10 days or so. I finally succeeded when I passed the 2 week mark.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any Halloween candy recently or is there any candy you look forward to this time of year? No Halloween candy

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else? A hot fudge sundae, please.

If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store? I am most likely to buy it online.

Thank you bjh!

Old 09-01-2022, 05:58 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,921,444 times
Hello all!

Today's Question(s):
Monday

Thursday's are traditionally a little slower at work, so that's my "catch up and relax" day.

Smoked cig's for 8 years. Smoked cigars for four or five.

Funny story... I hosted a golf "tournament" for the key people from my company and our biggest account. We pretty much took over the entire course.

Part of the deal is that I had to have a supply of premium cigars for the taking at several tee boxes. The cigar boxes were set out and they had my name on them from when the tobacco shop compiled my order.

At one point later in the day, many of the golf course staffers and grounds crew were all walking around doing their jobs while smoking these cigars (they had fresh ones and some that they picked up around the course). These workers were all big fans of mine that afternoon as they remembered my name [rinted on the boxes.

Foodie Question(s):
Have not even thought about it yet.

Lately, I'm a sucker for a good root beer float!

Just To:
Well, I'm not much of a book reader, so I can go either way.

Have a terrific evening everyone!

Old 09-01-2022, 06:46 PM

72,421 posts, read 18,206,429 times
Today's Question(s):

Monday

Tuesday

Smoked cigarettes when I lived in a dorm. everyone was smoking

Foodie Question(s):

Love chocolate candies

Ice cream shake!

Just To:

I would buy it in a store
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics