Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 08:53 PM

18,220 posts, read 25,865,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Here we are wyesith another month gone by and a new one on the way. Let's celebrate with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Which day do you consider to be the first day of the week? Monday

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired? Sunday

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking? an occasional Hava Tampa cigar, once every other month or thereabouts. Thankfully never got into cigarette smoking, I worked around a nasty environment of smoke at power plant and pipeline jobs I was on for 3 decades plus. The tobacco smoke I never worried about, and actually still don't.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any Halloween candy recently or is there any candy you look forward to this time of year? Yes, the mini Snickers, Milky Ways too!

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else? There's nothing like an A&W Root Beer float!

Just To:
This question was formed before Wednesday's bookish questions. Really! It was. If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store? A regular store-always!

Wishing everyone a good September!
Hope everyone has a safe Labor Day weekend!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 10:25 PM

12,291 posts, read 2,969,609 times
Today's Question(s):
Which day do you consider to be the first day of the week?
Monday

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired?
Sunday

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking?
When I was in junior high school a friend and I found a pack of her mother's cigarettes. We tried them and they were god awful.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any Halloween candy recently or is there any candy you look forward to this time of year?
No.

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else?
A hot fudge sundae.

Just To:
This question was formed before Wednesday's bookish questions. Really! It was. If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store?
Online.

Thanks, bjh.

Old 09-02-2022, 12:26 AM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times
Today's Question(s):
Maybe because of calendars I grew up thinking it was Sunday. Though, as someone pointed out Sunday is a part of the weekEND. Or was the week historically supposed to start on Sunday for religious reasons? I don't know. *shrug*

Do you have a specific day of the week when you take it easier, even if you're retired?
Sunday is a day I let myself do whatever i want without thinking about what I need to do.

Have you ever smoked a cigar, a pipe, or cigarettes, and if so, was it a habit, a one time thing, and do you have any stories or anecdotes to tell about smoking?
I tried cigarettes a few times when I was younger and cigars once. I just never got into it and never smoked enough to get addicted.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any Halloween candy recently or is there any candy you look forward to this time of year?
I haven't, but saw it in the stores starting in July! Btw you don't have to be giving candy to trick or treaters to buy it this time of year. Just sayin'. I used to like candy corn, but don't indulge much in candy any more.

Describe what you'd like to order at the QotD soda fountain: an ice cream shake, a malt or an ice cream soda or a float or anything else?
A chocolate malt!

Just To:
This question was formed before Wednesday's bookish questions. Really! It was. If you buy a paper book, as opposed to an e-book, are you more likely to buy it online or in a brick and mortar store?
If most of the books I've bought the last few years are any indication, mostly brick and mortar used book stores, supplemented by online purchases.

Thanks, everyone. Happy Labor Day weekend!

Old 09-02-2022, 07:10 PM

426 posts, read 160,221 times
Today's Question(s):
Monday.

Saturday. Sunday I'm also off from work, but I do laundry that day and usually go out and get my groceries for the week.

I have never smoked and have absolutely no desire to do so.

Foodie Question(s):
Nothing's coming to mind. I more look forward to the Christmas candy - the candy canes!

I better not have any of that. I need to lose weight!

Just To:
Online. The reason being I don't drive so I don't go to bookstores often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics