Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 12:03 AM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
Do you turn your phone's volume down or off at night? It's always off until it rings, it's a landline. Our cheap cell phones are only used when traveling, otherwise they're off too.

Would you ride on a blimp or a hot air balloon if given the chance? Blimp yes but try to get a ride is like pulling hen's teeth unless you know someone in the business. Balloon only if it's tethered.

Do your supplies include any toothbrushes, toothpaste or floss that came from your dentist? Our dentist gives a goody bag each appointment and we usually put them in a travel bag. Sometimes we donate extra goodies to assisted living home residents.

Have you been to a lady dentist or doctor? Both, our dentist is a male with a female hygienist and our family doctor is a female..

No judgment. People should be comfortable. Do you prefer a male or female dentist or doctor or does it not matter to you? Female doctors are more gentle, compassionate and actually listen to you. Male doctors seem to be more rough around the edges.

Foodie Question(s):
Banana pudding.

Choose your pancakes' fruit topping, yes, it has to be fruit: I usually don't put fruit on hotcakes but if I had to it would be either bananas, strawberries or pineapple slices.

What kind of muffin do you want? Cranberry.

Chow! I mean Ciao! Adios amigo.
Rate this post positively
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2022, 05:54 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):
Do you turn your phone's volume down or off at night? Put it on vibrate

Would you ride on a blimp or a hot air balloon if given the chance? I went up in a Hot Air Balloon when I went to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta several years ago. Blimp--no interest.

Do your supplies include any toothbrushes, toothpaste or floss that came from your dentist?

Have you been to a lady dentist or doctor? I have been to a woman doctor. (odd question--it is 2022!)

No judgment. People should be comfortable. Do you prefer a male or female dentist or doctor or does it not matter to you? I want a good doctor--I don't pay attention to gender.

Foodie Question(s):

Chocolate pudding

Choose your pancakes' fruit topping, yes, it has to be fruit : Pass on the fruit, I just like Maple syrup

What kind of muffin do you want? Blueberry

Happy Thursday!

Old 12-01-2022, 06:14 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Thank you so much, bjh!

Do you turn your phone's volume down or off at night? Yes, I put it on Do Not Disturb but I allow it to ring or notify me if family calls or if there's some sort of national or local emergency. It's on Do Not Disturb from I think 9 pm till 7 am.

Would you ride on a blimp or a hot air balloon if given the chance? Sure.

Do your supplies include any toothbrushes, toothpaste or floss that came from your dentist? Absolutely.

Have you been to a lady dentist or doctor? Yes. In fact, my main doctor is a woman. Not sure if she's a lady, but she's a woman!

No judgment. People should be comfortable. Do you prefer a male or female dentist or doctor or does it not matter to you? It doesn't matter to me.

________Figgy_______ pudding Now bring us a figgy pudding.

Choose your pancakes' fruit topping, yes, it has to be fruit : Ugh, OK. I don't like pancakes much in any manner but here goes - I guess blueberries.

What kind of muffin do you want? I literally never eat muffins but if I had to, I guess I'd go with a nutty one.

Old 12-01-2022, 06:24 AM

126,277 posts, read 19,048,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
It had to occur to me it's my turn to post. Here we go with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Do you turn your phone's volume down or off at night? Both sometimes

Would you ride on a blimp or a hot air balloon if given the chance? No thank you

Do your supplies include any toothbrushes, toothpaste or floss that came from your dentist? No

Have you been to a lady dentist or doctor? Yes

No judgment. People should be comfortable. Do you prefer a male or female dentist or doctor or does it not matter to you? I prefer a female doctor and for a dentist it doesn't matter

Foodie Question(s):

Vanilla pudding

Choose your pancakes' fruit topping, yes, it has to be fruit : Blueberry compote or unsweetened homemade applesauce

What kind of muffin do you want? Cheddar cheese muffin

Chow! I mean Ciao!
Thank you bjh

Old 12-01-2022, 07:33 AM

1,370 posts, read 614,135 times

Mornin'

Today's Question(s):

Do you turn your phone's volume down or off at night? Only when I travel. When home the volume is up but I leave it downstairs. Being hard of hearing I don't hear it.

Would you ride on a blimp or a hot air balloon if given the chance? Sure, why not.

Do your supplies include any toothbrushes, toothpaste or floss that came from your dentist? Yes, and I wish not all the toothbrushes they give us are blue. My wife and I go to the same dentist.

Have you been to a lady dentist or doctor? Yes.

No judgment. People should be comfortable. Do you prefer a male or female dentist or doctor or does it not matter to you? Dentists I don't care. If it pertains to our private bits she to a female gynecologist, I to a urologist

Foodie Question(s):
[/b]
_Unfair question I have favorites in equal measure, right now a butterscotch__ pudding, sounds nice.

Choose your pancakes' fruit topping, yes, it has to be fruit: No fruit topping on my pancakes. Ever

What kind of muffin do you want? Jalapeño Corn

Chow! I mean Ciao!

THX!

Happy Thursday, everyone.

Old 12-01-2022, 07:58 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,482,511 times

Today's Question(s):
Do you turn your phone's volume down or off at night? Off

Would you ride on a blimp or a hot air balloon if given the chance? Yes, if it was safe.

Do your supplies include any toothbrushes, toothpaste or floss that came from your dentist? Yes

Have you been to a lady dentist or doctor? Lady doctor. Male dentist.

No judgment. People should be comfortable. Do you prefer a male or female dentist or doctor or does it not matter to you? More comfortable with a Female doctor.

Foodie Question(s):

Chocolate _ pudding

Choose your pancakes' fruit topping, yes, it has to be fruit : strawberries

What kind of muffin do you want? Chocolate chip.

Chow! I mean Ciao!
Thank you!

Old 12-01-2022, 08:10 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,580 posts, read 81,186,228 times
[b]Today's Question(s):
Do you turn your phone's volume down or off at night? I turn my phones off completely at night.

Would you ride on a blimp or a hot air balloon if given the chance? Yes, would love to.

Do your supplies include any toothbrushes, toothpaste or floss that came from your dentist? Yes, they always give us that stuff when we have a cleaning appointment.

Have you been to a lady dentist or doctor? Dentist, no, Doctor yes, in fact I go to one annually.

No judgment. People should be comfortable. Do you prefer a male or female dentist or doctor or does it not matter to you? It makes no difference to me, but I have never known of a female dentist.

Foodie Question(s):

_____Yorkshire______ pudding
Choose your pancakes' fruit topping, yes, it has to be fruit : Strawberries

What kind of muffin do you want? Pumpkin Sourdough

Old 12-01-2022, 09:41 AM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you turn your phone's volume down or off at night?
Cell is off.

Would you ride on a blimp or a hot air balloon if given the chance?
Yes to both.

Do your supplies include any toothbrushes, toothpaste or floss that came from your dentist?
Yes

Have you been to a lady dentist or doctor?
Yes to both.

No judgment. People should be comfortable. Do you prefer a male or female dentist or doctor or does it not matter to you?
Doesn't matter to me. I have 2 female Dr's now.

Foodie Question(s):

Lemon pudding

Choose your pancakes' fruit topping, yes, it has to be fruit :
Anything berry.

What kind of muffin do you want?
Bran

Thanx bjhCalandar says I have 2 DR appts. next week.
Chow! I mean Ciao!Aloha

Old 12-01-2022, 10:00 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times

Today's Question(s):

Do you turn your phone's volume down or off at night?

No.

Would you ride on a blimp or a hot air balloon if given the chance?

Absolutely! I would be thrilled!

Dentists here are not promoting/advertising or giving out any freebies.

Have you been to a lady dentist or doctor?

Yes. Believe or not there are plenty of them. Actually, when I think about - I see more women doctors of any kind, than men.

No judgment. People should be comfortable. Do you prefer a male or female dentist or doctor or does it not matter to you?

It doesn't matter. Good reputation and skills matter to me.

Foodie Question(s):

Exotic fruit pudding. Just had one today. ..

Choose your pancakes' fruit topping, yes, it has to be fruit

Cherries or berries.

What kind of muffin do you want?

The only muffins I know/want are savory (cheese, vegetables etc.)
https://insanelygoodrecipes.com/savory-muffin-recipes/

Chow! I mean Ciao!

Ciao bjh!!

Old 12-01-2022, 10:16 AM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you turn your phone's volume down or off at night? I have a wireless house phone and have one next to my bed. So my mobile phone gets put in my purse at night so in case of an emergency I won't forget and leave it at home. Sometimes I turn it off at night to save the charge, other times it goes in my purse as is.

Would you ride on a blimp or a hot air balloon if given the chance? No, I like my feet on solid ground whenever possible.

Do your supplies include any toothbrushes, toothpaste or floss that came from your dentist? Of course. Since I have an electric toothbrush I ask to forgo the toothbrush and opt to get a second sample of floss, which I carry in my purse.

Have you been to a lady dentist or doctor? Yes. This isn't the 1960's any longer.

No judgment. People should be comfortable. Do you prefer a male or female dentist or doctor or does it not matter to you? No preference here, my preference is on being in my generation/age bracket. Thank goodness I have had both my dentist (a younger female but mature in age) and my General Practitioner (a very wise and honest male of my age but of a different nationality) for years. I dread when my GP decides to retire......:-(

Foodie Question(s):
Banana
_______________ pudding

Choose your pancakes' fruit topping, yes, it has to be fruit : Blueberries

What kind of muffin do you want? Anything except chocolate chip. I have a muffin recipe book, The Totally Muffins Cookbook, (shaped like a muffin, I found this years ago at a yard sale) that has 4 categories of muffins, Classic Muffins, Health Muffins, Party Muffins, and Savory Muffins. Worth it's weight in gold! I found several on Ebay.....https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ook&_sacat=267
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics