Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 04:52 AM

16,914 posts, read 16,162,618 times

Advertisements

It was an extra question in the title. ~ How was your week? ~

~ Do you ever eat any kind of 'peppers' and what sorts do you eat?

~ Do you enjoy kielbasa? Or is it kielbasa?

~ What kinds of cheese would you like on your cheese board in the Wine and Cheese Cafe? You may have 5 varieties and they have it all!

~ _________ it up...

~ Something that you bought during the past 7 days:

~ Please order from the imaginary Chinese take-out restaurant:

~ Anything that you ever bought in a restaurant business that was not food or drink:.

~ Things that you might use horseradish OR vinegar on:

**** I purchased a GE 3 in 1 microwave oven this week and it is quite awesome...dead silent, too! Happiness to all! ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2023, 05:23 AM

11,391 posts, read 9,312,804 times
~ Do you ever eat any kind of 'peppers' and what sorts do you eat? - Don't. Green is just okay but haven't had in a long time.

~ Do you enjoy kielbasa? Or is it kielbasa? - Pass

~ What kinds of cheese would you like on your cheese board in the Wine and Cheese Cafe? You may have 5 varieties and they have it all! - Don't have that often so I'll pass.

~ _________ it up... - Just thinking of the obvious fit for this...

~ Something that you bought during the past 7 days: - Filtered water from a local organic market. (hint, hint, Roosty)

~ Please order from the imaginary Chinese take-out restaurant: - Chicken Chow Mein and steamed vegetables. If they don't have the latter then stir fried will do. On the rare occasion I have Chinese food I usually make my own vegetables (some type of green) and dump them on top. Sometimes add mushrooms too.

~ Anything that you ever bought in a restaurant business that was not food or drink:. - Can't think of a thing.

~ Things that you might use horseradish OR vinegar on: - Pass on horseradish. Vinegar always when I have a salad (along with a high quality olive oil).

Old 02-10-2023, 05:25 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,937,950 times
Good morning to all! Thanks for the Q's Roosty...

Getting back to normal. We've had some not-so-wonderful personal stuff happening so far this year.

I don't like peppers.

As a rare treat. Not a regular food for us.

~ What kinds of cheese would you like on your cheese board in the Wine and Cheese Cafe? You may have 5 varieties and they have it all!
Swiss, Muenster, Mozzarella, Sharp Cheddar.

~ __Fire__ it up...

Groceries

House Special Fried Rice is my "go-to"

~ Anything that you ever bought in a restaurant business that was not food or drink:.
T-shirt (tourist spot)

I like horseradish on Prime Rib.

Happiness to all!
Have a great day everyone!

Old 02-10-2023, 05:49 AM

1,388 posts, read 624,944 times

Still breathing.

Good morning

~ Do you ever eat any kind of 'peppers' and what sorts do you eat? I like peppers of all colors. My favorite are piquillo peppers.

~ Do you enjoy kielbasa? Or is it kielbasa? I used to. Now it's a cholesterol thing and haven't had it in years.

~ What kinds of cheese would you like on your cheese board in the Wine and Cheese Cafe? You may have 5 varieties and they have it all! Brie, Manchego, goat, gouda, muenster. But I'm a cheese fan so there's more.

~ _cheese_ it up...

~ Something that you bought during the past 7 days: Blue Cheese

~ Please order from the imaginary Chinese take-out restaurant: Bamboo steamed dumplings.

~ Anything that you ever bought in a restaurant business that was not food or drink: Their T-shirt. I collect the Hard Rock T-shirts in the impossibly to find long sleeves. So far I have only found 2 in the years I've been 'collecting'.

~ Things that you might use horseradish OR vinegar on: horseradish on salmon, vinegar on salad and to clean the humidifier.

**** I purchased a GE 3 in 1 microwave oven this week and it is quite awesome...dead silent, too! Happiness to all! ****

We have a 3 in one too, it's quiet but it has music when the cycle is complete that drives me bonkers. And it's loud.

Thx!

Everyone enjoy your weekend.

Old 02-10-2023, 06:22 AM

7,387 posts, read 5,500,545 times
It was an extra question in the title. ~ How was your week? ~ ok.

~ Do you ever eat any kind of 'peppers' and what sorts do you eat? Yes, lots of different ones, I don’t like hot peppers anymore.

~ Do you enjoy kielbasa? Or is it kielbasa? Yes

~ What kinds of cheese would you like on your cheese board in the Wine and Cheese Cafe? You may have 5 varieties and they have it all! Any five is fine with me, I love cheese.

~ crank it up...

~ Something that you bought during the past 7 days: groceries.

~ Please order from the imaginary Chinese take-out restaurant: orange chicken, crab Rangoon, pot stickers.

~ Anything that you ever bought in a restaurant business that was not food or drink:. At Cracker Barrel they have a gift shop, I’ve bought holiday decorations from there.

~ Things that you might use horseradish OR vinegar on: fish.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Old 02-10-2023, 06:27 AM

9,742 posts, read 14,300,385 times
Hi Roosty! It's been a really good week for me! The weather has been warm and fantastic! I enjoyed traveling south to the Atlantic Ocean beach areas for my everyday work appointments, and all week has seemed like A Week of Vacation!]

~ Do you ever eat any kind of 'peppers' and what sorts do you eat? No, I'm not really into peppers.

~ Do you enjoy kielbasa? Or is it kielbasa? an absolute NO!

~ What kinds of cheese would you like on your cheese board in the Wine and Cheese Cafe? You may have 5 varieties and they have it all!Mozzarella, and Sharp

~ ___it Up Shake It Up, by The Cars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3SA5Z-cbC8

~ Something that you bought during the past 7 days: Solar Light caps for my vinyl fence posts.....but they didn't fit and I took them back.

~ Please order from the imaginary Chinese take-out restaurant: No Chinese for me, thanks....Doctor said 'don't eat it'

~ Anything that you ever bought in a restaurant business that was not food or drink:. No

~ Things that you might use horseradish OR vinegar on:I have to think about that

Awesome, Roosty! Glad you're happy!

Last edited by rdlr; 02-10-2023 at 06:39 AM..

Old 02-10-2023, 06:31 AM

126,326 posts, read 19,111,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
It was an extra question in the title. ~ How was your week? ~ It just flew by

~ Do you ever eat any kind of 'peppers' and what sorts do you eat? I eat all colors of peppers from Bell to Hungarian peppers

~ Do you enjoy kielbasa? Or is it kielbasa? I don't eat coldcuts anymore

~ What kinds of cheese would you like on your cheese board in the Wine and Cheese Cafe? You may have 5 varieties and they have it all! Limburger,Harzer cheese with caraway,Camembert de Normandie,Norwegian Brunost cheese,Gorgonzola

~ Live it up...

~ Something that you bought during the past 7 days: Birthday gift for my granddaughter

~ Please order from the imaginary Chinese take-out restaurant: I pass

~ Anything that you ever bought in a restaurant business that was not food or drink:. No

~ Things that you might use horseradish OR vinegar on: Smoked eel or steamed/smoked rainbow trout taste real good with whipped horseradish

Thank you roosty

Old 02-10-2023, 06:46 AM

37,804 posts, read 41,087,593 times
It was an extra question in the title. ~ How was your week? ~ Not great. My insurance company added a deductible in 2023 plus, now won't pay for a prescription I have to have and is trying to shove one I never heard of on me that will make other medical problems worse and is not recommended with 3 other drugs I take and have taken for years.

~ Do you ever eat any kind of 'peppers' and what sorts do you eat? Sometimes green peppers.

~ Do you enjoy kielbasa? Or is it kielbasa? No.

~ What kinds of cheese would you like on your cheese board in the Wine and Cheese Cafe? You may have 5 varieties and they have it all! cheddar, Swiss and mozzarella and that's about it. I like a bunch of different cheeses in salads but don't usually eat cheese by itself unless someone else puts it out.

~ (Insert bad word here) it up...

~ Something that you bought during the past 7 days: 9 volt batteries to back up something electrical if the power goes out.

~ Please order from the imaginary Chinese take-out restaurant: crispy orange beef with rice or chicken with broccoli.

~ Anything that you ever bought in a restaurant business that was not food or drink:. I don't think so.

~ Things that you might use horseradish OR vinegar on: horseradish on prime rib sandwich

**** I purchased a GE 3 in 1 microwave oven this week and it is quite awesome...dead silent, too! Happiness to all! **** I don't know what 3 in 1 is. Every place I've lived in the past 25 years gives me a microwave so, I haven't had to shop for one.

Old 02-10-2023, 06:49 AM

899 posts, read 676,983 times
Random quote of the day: "The man with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds." ~Mark Twain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
OK. I chose not to substitute, so I read a book, did some writing, played with the dogs, watched some tube, surfed the web.

Many kinds, all the time. I can eat hotter food than a lot of Anglos and I usually order hot Thai, Indian, etc. I did discover a hot sauce at a Mexi Mart that I couldn't eat, however.

I think it's kielbasa, both times. I enjoy sausages a lot. I was just thinking of bratwurst, spotted some at the store, but the missus would slap me.

Smoked gouda, Goat with Blueberry, Brie en croute, baby Swiss, sharp cheddar
~ _________ it up...

Does it have to be for me? We ordered $50 worth from chewy.com for the dogs, a mechanical pencil from walmart.com for the missus. Oh, I got a memory card for my camera but it doesn't seem to work.
I may need a firmware update.

Coconut pineapple shrimp; pepper steak; chicken skewers; sweet and sour pork (honey sauce); green beans with almonds

A fridge magnet from Ralph and Kacoo's Man that's good food!

Horseradish on roast beef or maybe pork. I don't add vinegar on anything.

**** I purchased a GE 3 in 1 microwave oven this week and it is quite awesome...dead silent, too!

I looked up your unit. We have a (dedicated) air fryer and LOVE it. However, I will share a cautionary tale or two with you. First, we had it in a corner in the kitchen and used it a lot. When cleaning (sold the house), come to find out its vent was releasing that aerosolized oil onto the wall next to it and cleaning that off the paint was a challenge, one we didn't entirely surmount. In our new home, the air fryer lives in the garage right off the kitchen. There's a countertop out there, so it's plugged in and we use it almost daily, but any staining will be in the garage. Second, we can't clean the interior. I've used oven cleaner etc.---the problem is that there's a fan and parts you can't get to. I keep thinking it's going to start smelling rancid but so far, it's ok. Maybe repeated heatings have neutralized it or something. Just FYI, hope you enjoy your unit.
Happiness to all! ****

Peace out, blithe spirit.

Old 02-10-2023, 06:53 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,625,949 times
----- CC. Millennials (the tiny few who have curiosity) ask me why they are called Carbon Copies.

----- Roasted. Bell peppers. held on a fork, right in the direct flame until the skin blackens and prees off easy. Hard to do on electric.

----- Love it. Worth a trip to Polamd, with Pivo in a tavern

----- Wine and cheese is an overrated combo. i'm good with sharp cheddar, skip theee wine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics