Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2023, 06:38 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,147 posts, read 30,465,010 times

Advertisements

I'm returning the favor of PegE posting Thursday's questions by posting Saturday's questions.

Today's Question(s):
Can you think of any favors you asked of someone or any favors asked of you?

Have you been undercharged or overcharged for anything that you remember?

What was the last gift card you bought or received?

Animals, plants, weather, or anything else: what nature have you personally noticed recently?

Foodie Question(s):
Do you buy any canned meats, tuna, chicken, ham, beef and if so, do you eat as is or how do you prepare?

Just to:
Do you remember the expression, "Last one in is a rotten egg!" ?

Okay, then. Have fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2023, 08:28 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,586,859 times
Today's Question(s):
Can you think of any favors you asked of someone or any favors asked of you? Many times

Have you been undercharged or overcharged for anything that you remember? More overcharged than under

What was the last gift card you bought or received? We gave the older grand youngsters $50 Visa gift cards at Christmas

Animals, plants, weather, or anything else: what nature have you personally noticed recently? Daffodils are blooming here

Foodie Question(s):
Do you buy any canned meats, tuna, chicken, ham, beef and if so, do you eat as is or how do you prepare? We buy canned tuna (in spring water) and make tuna salad

Just to:
Do you remember the expression, "Last one in is a rotten egg!" ? Yup

Old 02-17-2023, 09:25 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,624,581 times
Today's Question(s):
------ Not worded as such.

----- Not that I recall. Double-billed CC card for air ticket. but just clerical.

-----Sister, ten years ago. Never received

Animals, plants, weather, or anything else: what nature have you personally noticed recently?
----- My mind quickly registers any unusual birds I hear.

Foodie Question(s):
Do you buy any canned meats, tuna, chicken, ham, beef and if so, do you eat as is or how do you prepare?
------ I buy canned mackerel. on the shelf next to salmon, half the price. Rinse off the can oil and quickly heat in a hot frying pan. Also. a can of sardines in spaghetti sauce.

Just to:
----- yes. Now it's hate speech, slow kids are a protected class. So are dis-usable eggs.

Okay, then. Have fun

Old 02-17-2023, 10:48 PM

21,588 posts, read 8,757,714 times
Today's Question(s):
Yes. My friend Margaret often asks me to help her with computer issues or to print out documents.
I think I was overcharged for a PayPal cash transfer.
It's been a long time, but a friend gave me an iTunes gift card for Christmas one year.
I've got a cold, so I haven't been outside the house since last Tuesday.
Foodie Question(s):
I buy canned tuna and use it for sandwiches or for a tuna-noodle casserole.
Just to:
Oh, yes. I also remember another version, "Last one in is a [n-word] baby." My mother overheard my brother using that expression once. She said, "You shouldn't say that because those are the cutest babies." I must have been about five or six, but I've never forgotten that.

Thanks, bjh!

Old 02-17-2023, 11:59 PM

44,662 posts, read 61,751,282 times
Today's Question(s):
Can you think of any favors you asked of someone or any favors asked of you? That's nearly a daily thing around here.

Have you been undercharged or overcharged for anything that you remember? Yes, today especially someone tried to overcharge me $15.00 on an item until the manager stepped in and corrected them.

What was the last gift card you bought or received? It's been years since buying or receiving gift cards.

Animals, plants, weather, or anything else: what nature have you personally noticed recently? Warm, cold, rain, then warm weather off and on. Various plants starting to bloom.

Foodie Question(s):
Do you buy any canned meats, tuna, chicken, ham, beef and if so, do you eat as is or how do you prepare? Canned Bacon SPAM. Used for sandwiches, fried with eggs for breakfast or cooked with other meals.

Just to:
Do you remember the expression, "Last one in is a rotten egg!" ? Yep, then dove in.

Old 02-18-2023, 12:44 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,014,913 times
Today's Question(s):
***Many of both. Coworkers would ask if I would take a trade day.

***Both. Since I am sure to point out being over charged, I will also mention to the clerk if I am being under charged.

***I bought a Visa gift card lasts summer. Someone gave me a $50 Amazon gift card not too long ago.

***Just the psychotic squirrels running around.

Foodie Question(s):
***I buy chicken and tuna. I use both to make sandwiches.

Just to:
***I used it a time or two.

Okay, then. Have fun.

Old 02-18-2023, 02:51 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,087,593 times
Today's Question(s):
Yes, a lot.

Have you been undercharged or overcharged for anything that you remember? I know I have been undercharged because I questioned how much change I was getting (too much) which means either they got my order wrong or they made change wrong.

What was the last gift card you bought or received? I don't remember but it was a long time ago that I bought one and one didn't get to me this past Christmas.

Animals, plants, weather, or anything else: what nature have you personally noticed recently? 1) Well, took photos of the seagulls on the 13th and 15th of this week. They will be leaving the first week of March as they are only here in the winter. 2) Someone cut down all of the vegetation in a spot where I usually take bird photos. I'm going to guess it guess it was the town. 3) And, on Thursday night/Friday early morning, we had 2 flash flood warnings.

Foodie Question(s):
Don't buy any.

Just to:
Yeah, does that make us old or what? Seem to remember using it mostly at the beach or the pool.

Old 02-18-2023, 06:05 AM

7,253 posts, read 7,105,108 times
I'm returning the favor of PegE posting Thursday's questions by posting Saturday's questions.

Today's Question(s):

Nothing major. And nothing recently. Did lots of little favors when my kid was in school.

I got a great deal on an electric lawn mower because the store has a sign for a lower price on the higher priced item. They had to honor it.

Probably Christmas. I think home depot.

Birds. I just finished my morning walk and the birds are all out.

Foodie Question(s):

Very rarely canned tuna for sandwiches.

Just to:

that's an old one!

Okay, then. Have fun.

Old 02-18-2023, 06:15 AM

126,325 posts, read 19,108,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Can you think of any favors you asked of someone or any favors asked of you? .........Yes most recently

Have you been undercharged or overcharged for anything that you remember? .......... Nothing lately

What was the last gift card you bought or received? ......An LCBO gift card

Animals, plants, weather, or anything else: what nature have you personally noticed recently? ........A few noisy crows and grackles as well our Mourning dove love pair on our fence.Recently a squirrel sat on the outside kitchen window ledge and watched me baking carrot cakes

Foodie Question(s):
Do you buy any canned meats, tuna, chicken, ham, beef and if so, do you eat as is or how do you prepare? .........No

Just to:
Do you remember the expression, "Last one in is a rotten egg!" ? ......Sounds familiar

Okay, then. Have fun.

Thank you bjh

Old 02-18-2023, 08:13 AM

24,529 posts, read 26,081,068 times
Yep, Asked someone: Drop some items off at the recycle place, Asked of me:To save all our newspapers for the animal shelter.

I'm sure I have but can' recall the specifics.

Last received was for car washes and another for prdicures.

Plants are blooming as well as the blankety, blank weeds.

Foodie Question(s):
Tuna for sandwiches and casseroles, Spam for sandwiches and with eggs, beef for I don't remember.

Just to:
Do you remember the expression, "Last one in is a rotten egg!"?
I do.

Okay, then. Have fun.
Thanx bjhenjoy the weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics