Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2023, 05:17 AM

1,383 posts, read 621,700 times

Advertisements

Greetings. I think my Saturday's crappy questions may have hit an all-time low for crappy questions. I will try to be a little less crappy with the questions

***Hello

Sunday's Not As Crappy Questions:

Do the floors in your house squeak when you walk on them?

Ever lived in an apartment building where you could hear the people above you walking around?

***Yes, it was horrendous. I concluded then and believe still that most people who do that subconsciously hates <(a word I rarely use) the world. Besides being selfish and inconsiderate how all that clodhopping might affect those who live below their apartment.

Ice cream cone or Popsicle?

***Cone

Ever hit your thumb with a hammer?

Do you remember the last car you owned that had the wing vent window in the front doors?

***I sort of inherited my fathers Dodge Coronet station wagon clunker circa mid to late 60’s , and it had those wing vents.

While riding in a car did you ever "moon" someone?

***(((Snort))) No, but I’m sure I was tempted a few times. My brother on the other hand was a master.

Well, that's all for Sunday.

Have a great one all, THX for the QOTD mr mutt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2023, 05:27 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,401,959 times
Good Morning

Ever lived in an apartment building where you could hear the people above you walking around? Just a little bit, nothing annoying.

Ice cream cone or Popsicle? Cone

Do you remember the last car you owned that had the wing vent window in the front doors? VW bug back in the early '70's.

Happy Sunday!

Old 06-18-2023, 05:47 AM

126,310 posts, read 19,095,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Greetings. I think my Saturday's crappy questions may have hit an all-time low for crappy questions. I will try to be a little less crappy with the questions

Do the floors in your house squeak when you walk on them?.............. Unfortunately here and there

Ever lived in an apartment building where you could hear the people above you walking around?..............No

Ice cream cone or Popsicle?............I like both

Ever hit your thumb with a hammer?................I think once

Do you remember the last car you owned that had the wing vent window in the front doors?...........Very long ago

While riding in a car did you ever "moon" someone?.............Lol

Thank you Alaskan Mutt

Old 06-18-2023, 07:02 AM

61,906 posts, read 87,406,262 times

They were perfectly fine!

Not really squeak, but in some places, they make a faint sound like walking on a surface with a little salt on it. They are wood floors.

Ever lived in an apartment building where you could hear the people above you walking around?

Very briefly. They weren't annoying loud, though.

The cone.

I am pretty sure it happened.

Do you remember the last car you owned that had the wing vent window in the front doors?

Yes. VW Passat had it. I liked the feature. Now i just open my roof window.

Didn't find a reason, yet

Thank you, Mutt!! Cool questions!

Old 06-18-2023, 07:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,086,540 times
Good morning, Alaskan Mutt and thank you!

Do the floors in your house squeak when you walk on them? No, thankfully. And they are wood floors.

Ever lived in an apartment building where you could hear the people above you walking around? When I lived in military housing, I could hear the people above and below me.

Ice cream cone or Popsicle? Ice cream cone all the way.

Ever hit your thumb with a hammer? Yes.

Do you remember the last car you owned that had the wing vent window in the front doors? Yes, pretty sure it was an LTD from about 1975. It also had ash trays in it and a vinyl top. I loved that car!

While riding in a car did you ever "moon" someone? No. I've actually never mooned anyone ever.

Old 06-18-2023, 07:37 AM

7,381 posts, read 5,495,300 times

Do the floors in your house squeak when you walk on them? One does

Ever lived in an apartment building where you could hear the people above you walking around? Yes

Ice cream cone or Popsicle? Cone

Ever hit your thumb with a hammer? Yes

Do you remember the last car you owned that had the wing vent window in the front doors? No

While riding in a car did you ever "moon" someone? No

Thank you! And Happy Fathers Day to all the Fathers out there!

Old 06-18-2023, 07:53 AM

5,909 posts, read 3,806,104 times

Yes. I have hardwoods and my home has settled so there are several squeaks. There's one that makes a terrible noise in the kitchen, you walk in there and it groans going in and coming out. It's more than a squeak and it's loud. Annoying.

Yes, and a bunch of other unpleasant noises.

ice cream cone

Yes I have. Ouch.

I think the last one was an old stinky Subaru, it was an awful car. I'm not sure though, if it had the vent windows. I know for sure that my first car had them, a 1962 Mercury Monterrey.

Once. That's all I'll say about that.

Thanks Mr. Mutt

Old 06-18-2023, 09:27 AM

24,518 posts, read 26,062,884 times

No, but there is a slight squeak where the wood transitions to the tile.

No, but there was a motel we had one night that was pretty bad.

Cone for the win.

Yes along with a purple thumb

75 Chevy pickup.

Not while riding in a car.

Well done Mutt.

Old 06-18-2023, 10:28 AM

9,736 posts, read 14,292,508 times
No, and my house was built in 1900. But, I've noticed one of my staircases squeaks in a couple places.

N/A I've never lived in an apartment building.

Ice cream cone or Popsicle? Ice cream cone

Ever hit your thumb with a hammer? No, and i'm surprised because I've worked beside my husband when we were our own general contractors on a new home.

Do you remember the last car you owned that had the wing vent window in the front doors? I never owned one, but, when I was 4-5 yrs. old, I remember my father brought home a brand new Dodge car. It must have been in 1945 or so. It had, what we called, "wind catchers".

While riding in a car did you ever "moon" someone? No, but I remember in the 50's there were some guys in high school who thought that was funny.

Thanks, AM!

Old 06-18-2023, 11:51 AM

44,381 posts, read 20,099,777 times

Do the floors in your house squeak when you walk on them? No. A floor board in my bathroom squeaked for a few weeks, and then the squeak went away. I never discovered what caused it.

Ever lived in an apartment building where you could hear the people above you walking around? Yes, and I hated it. After that, when I searched for apartments, I only considered ones on the top floor.

Ice cream cone or Popsicle? Ice cream cone, please.

Ever hit your thumb with a hammer? Yes, many years ago.

Do you remember the last car you owned that had the wing vent window in the front doors? I only owned one car that had the little vent windows in the front doors. It was my first car: a 1962 Old 98 that I bought for $100 in 1976. It was a great car. I drove it for 2 years and sold it for $200. Not a bad investment!

While riding in a car did you ever "moon" someone? Guilty. I was about 20 at the time.

Well, that's all for Sunday. Thanks heaps, Mutt!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics