Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 08:59 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,021,947 times

Advertisements

Welcome to the extra crappy special edition of the QOTD. Today's birthdays include Michael Jordan (basketball player), Paris Hilton (reality star), Larry The Cable Guy (redneck comedian), Alaskan Mutt (stinky cheese connoisseur) and Hal Holbrook (actor)

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick?
-How about sea-sick?
-Maybe car-sick?
-Getting sick of this question?

-Have you ever been to an airshow?

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp?

-Ever been hang gliding?

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand.

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi?

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know?

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like?

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day?

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in.

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant?

Today Is:
*Random Acts of Kindness Day

Being the Extra Crappy Special Edition of the QOTD I felt it was very important to have the questions checked. I asked Magnum Mike but he was in the doghouse. So I then tried to get PJSaturn but she was busy getting ready to retire. Next I asked High_Plains_Retired but he had to go to town to buy the latest edition of Old Tractor Magazine. bjh is avoiding me as he has yet to return the money he took from my Jeep. I thought for sure that TN Tin Man would do it but it appears he got caught in a rainstorm without his oil can. John13 was busy picking horses at some obscure racetrack in South America. As much as I did not want to, I even asked animalcrazy. She agreed to check the questions if I first ate a bunch of yucky veggies. We all know that is not going to happen. Finally I put together a team of highly trained security moose. They went ahead and checked the questions for me. However, I must warn you that the security moose can not read. So, their evaluation of the questions might not have much merit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 09:42 PM

39,030 posts, read 23,026,080 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? No
-How about sea-sick? If the boat is a small one.
-Maybe car-sick? No

-Have you ever been to an airshow? No

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? Yes!

-Ever been hang gliding? No

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? When I was a kid.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? No

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? Cashews

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day?

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? No

Enjoy your fun day Sunday!

Old 02-16-2019, 09:44 PM

21,614 posts, read 8,779,899 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick?
No, I never have.

-How about sea-sick?
I came close once on a sailboat trip around San Francisco Bay.

-Maybe car-sick?
Never

Never!
No, I haven't.
Yes, I would love that.
-Ever been hang gliding?
Not gonna happen.
Not me!
I think it was back in the 1990s.
No, I haven't done that.
-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like?
Cashews
No, thanks. I might drink an Irish coffee, though.
Citizen Kane
No, I haven't done that.

Thank you, Alaskan Mutt, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Old 02-16-2019, 09:53 PM

18,042 posts, read 9,397,717 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? Nope.
-How about sea-sick? Nope.
-Maybe car-sick? Nope.
-Getting sick of this question? Nope.

-Have you ever been to an airshow? Yes - at Quonset Point in RI.

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? I wouldn't go in it.

-Ever been hang gliding? Nope.

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand. Not me.

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? A real taxi - about a year ago. Does Uber count? If so, last week.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? Nope.

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? Planters Unsalted Dry Roasted Peanuts, but I don't think they come in a can.

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? Nope, but I may get a Shamrock Shake at McD.

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. The Warriors.

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? Yes - many times at IHOP.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:03 PM

62,028 posts, read 87,719,267 times
Welcome to the extra crappy special edition of the QOTD. Today's birthdays include Michael Jordan (basketball player), Paris Hilton (reality star), Larry The Cable Guy (redneck comedian), Alaskan Mutt (stinky cheese connoisseur) and Hal Holbrook (actor)

Happy Birthday Alaskan Mutt. I wish you many Happy's years to enjoy your stinky cheese and bland cheap beer! Stay healthy, prosperous and keep your great sense of humor. We love you here!

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick?
No. I like air turbulences.

-How about sea-sick?
Not even during a storm on high sea. Been there and quite enjoyed it

-Maybe car-sick?
No motion sickness of any kind.

Not at all. Gimme stinky cheese and warm, cheap beer, and I still will enjoy them!

Yes. At local military base.

I would love to. Is that an invitation?

-Ever been hang gliding?
No. But it looks exciting.

I wouldn't mind to try it.

Few months ago. While on my vacations overseas. It was an Uber, though. Does it counts as a taxi drive?

Many times. It's common overseas. Not sure about here, but I don't see any problem with that.

Any. I love nuts!

Yup, why not!

Rambo!

No. Not a fan of American style pancakes. I wouldn't mind potato latkes or crepes, though.

Today Is:

Being the Extra Crappy Special Edition of the QOTD I felt it was very important to have the questions checked. I asked Magnum Mike but he was in the doghouse. So I then tried to get PJSaturn but she was busy getting ready to retire. Next I asked High_Plains_Retired but he had to go to town to buy the latest edition of Old Tractor Magazine. bjh is avoiding me as he has yet to return the money he took from my Jeep. I thought for sure that TN Tin Man would do it but it appears he got caught in a rainstorm without his oil can. John13 was busy picking horses at some obscure racetrack in South America. As much as I did not want to, I even asked animalcrazy. She agreed to check the questions if I first ate a bunch of yucky veggies. We all know that is not going to happen. Finally I put together a team of highly trained security moose. They went ahead and checked the questions for me. However, I must warn you that the security moose can not read. So, their evaluation of the questions might not have much merit.

I am a big fan of your crappy questions. I always make a special event of it and enjoy them with an extra stinky Limburger and warm German beer.
Looking for my next week celebration. Keep them coming, no proof reading needed.
Thank you, AM. Enjoy your Birthday!!

Last edited by elnina; 02-16-2019 at 10:59 PM..

Old 02-16-2019, 10:39 PM

44,687 posts, read 61,823,270 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? No.
-How about sea-sick? No.
-Maybe car-sick? No.

-Have you ever been to an airshow? Yes, have seen the Air Force Thunderbirds and the Navy Blue Angels perform.

-Ever been hang gliding?

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? 1995 in Bejing China.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? No.

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? Pecans.

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? No.

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. Mary Poppins.

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? Yes once and could not finish all of them.

Today Is:
*Random Acts of Kindness Day.

Thanks Mutt...

Old 02-17-2019, 12:13 AM

37,817 posts, read 41,119,481 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick?
yes
-How about sea-sick? yes
-Maybe car-sick? yes
-Getting sick of this question? no, but I would add amusement park ride-sick.

-Have you ever been to an airshow? no

no

-Ever been hang gliding? no

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? When I had cataract surgery about 6 or 7 years ago.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? no

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? cashews

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. Fried Green Tomatoes.

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? no

Old 02-17-2019, 12:23 AM

30,693 posts, read 16,339,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Happy Birthday, Mutt.
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick?
nope

-How about sea-sick?
don't know
-Maybe car-sick?

sometimes

nope

nope

nope

-Ever been hang gliding?
nope

few years ago, home from the ER

nope

salt free cashews

nope (the nopes just keep coming)

Sister Act

nope

Today Is:

Might better not tell the moose that. They can be quite obnoxious if their feelings are hurt.

thanks, Mutt. Put a candle in your stinky cheese and don't bother with the cake.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:03 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,004,892 times
Happy Birthday Alaskan Mutt!
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? Just a bad earache once.
-How about sea-sick? Once!
-Maybe car-sick? Nope! I have had cars I was sick of though.
-Getting sick of this question? Nah!

Yep! Quite a few!
Nope!
-Ever been hang gliding?
Nope, not happening!
My hands are both down.
Never that I recall.
Nope.
Mixed!
Nope!
National Treasure.
Nope. I can only eat 2 or 3.

Today Is:

I found Moose poop on my copy! Thanks for the Moosely checked Q's Al!

Last edited by SATX56; 02-17-2019 at 01:14 AM..

Old 02-17-2019, 02:28 AM

14,851 posts, read 8,184,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Happy Birthday Alaskan Mutt!

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? (Don't like to fly though).
-How about sea-sick?
-Maybe car-sick?

-Ever been hang gliding?

Not Me!
About 12-15 years ago now (I did ride in an Uber about three years ago!)

Cashews please.

Is there such a thing?
Never, I don't really like pancakes all that much. Makes me kind of sick thinking about it.

Today Is:

Great Questions!

Hope Mutt's Birthday goes well and hopes you all have a wonderful Sunday!

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 02-17-2019 at 02:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics