Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 07:09 PM

27,471 posts, read 27,498,341 times

Advertisements

Taxi? I’ve done Uber a few times on days off and if we need to go somewhere without taking the truck, and we’re not near home, namely leisure time. Even with another customer on board every times was a pleasant ride.
Pancakes, all you can eat, of course!!
Happy Sunday ~~~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 08:02 PM

44,452 posts, read 20,219,930 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? Nope.
-How about sea-sick? Nope. Except one time, in 1980, I felt pretty sick on a glass-bottom boat ride.
-Maybe car-sick? Nope, unless I try to read in a car in motion. That makes me feel pretty uncomfortable.
-Getting sick of this question? Yepper.

-Have you ever been to an airshow? Yes; once. It was in southern Indiana, on the shore of the Ohio River, facing Louisville, KY on the other side of the river. The show was spectacular, and I'd love to see it again sometime. I think the annual event is called "Thunder Over Louisville."

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? Sounds fun!

-Ever been hang gliding? Nope.

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand. No way, Jose.

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? Jun 2018, in London.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? Nope. I've only ridden a taxi three times in my life, and each time I was with friends.

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? A huge can of macadamias from Hawaii, please.

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? It's possible but not likely. I may have a green (lime) martini instead.

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. Titanic.

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? Nope.

Today Is:
*Random Acts of Kindness Day

Being the Extra Crappy Special Edition of the QOTD I felt it was very important to have the questions checked. I asked Magnum Mike but he was in the doghouse. So I then tried to get PJSaturn but she was busy getting ready to retire. Next I asked High_Plains_Retired but he had to go to town to buy the latest edition of Old Tractor Magazine. bjh is avoiding me as he has yet to return the money he took from my Jeep. I thought for sure that TN Tin Man would do it but it appears he got caught in a rainstorm without his oil can. John13 was busy picking horses at some obscure racetrack in South America. As much as I did not want to, I even asked animalcrazy. She agreed to check the questions if I first ate a bunch of yucky veggies. We all know that is not going to happen. Finally I put together a team of highly trained security moose. They went ahead and checked the questions for me. However, I must warn you that the security moose can not read. So, their evaluation of the questions might not have much merit.

You did a great job, Muttster. Thanks for the laughs!

Here's a dot for you.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-17-2019 at 08:11 PM..

Old 02-17-2019, 08:11 PM

4,985 posts, read 4,009,097 times
-Do you get air-sick? sometimes.
-How about sea-sick? always.
-Maybe car-sick? only once.
-Getting sick of this question? not yet.
-Have you ever been to an airshow? yes.
-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp?
no. i would want to do that all day.
-Ever been hang gliding? no.
-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? 2001.
-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? no.
-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like?
lug nuts.
-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? not me.
-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. Sound of music.
-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? yes.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:08 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,958,930 times
Welcome to the extra crappy special edition of the QOTD. Today's birthdays include Michael Jordan (basketball player), Paris Hilton (reality star), Larry The Cable Guy (redneck comedian) Git 'er Done! , Alaskan Mutt (stinky cheese connoisseur) and Hal Holbrook (actor)

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? - Nah, I never get sick of air.. I might get sick with lack of it!
-How about sea-sick? - I go swimming in the sea all the time, I never had a problem.. - No.
-Maybe car-sick? - I got sick of one car I had because it spent more time in the shop than on the road..
-Getting sick of this question? - Ehh.. that's questionable..

-Have you ever been to an airshow? - Ah yes, plenty of times.

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? - Nah..

-Ever been hang gliding? - Nope.

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand. - I might try it..

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? - I rode in Mom's Taxi when I was a kid.. Does that count? - September 2018 while visiting New York City.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? - You mean besides the driver?

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? - Something as nutty as I am..

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? - Nah, I'm on a diet.. I'll just drink green water..

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. - Blazing Saddles.. or Tombstone..

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? - Yeah.. Only as much as I'm capable to eat.. usually 4..

Being the Extra Crappy Special Edition of the QOTD I felt it was very important to have the questions checked. I asked Magnum Mike but he was in the doghouse. So I then tried to get PJSaturn but she was busy getting ready to retire. Next I asked High_Plains_Retired but he had to go to town to buy the latest edition of Old Tractor Magazine. bjh is avoiding me as he has yet to return the money he took from my Jeep. I thought for sure that TN Tin Man would do it but it appears he got caught in a rainstorm without his oil can. John13 was busy picking horses at some obscure racetrack in South America. As much as I did not want to, I even asked animalcrazy. She agreed to check the questions if I first ate a bunch of yucky veggies. We all know that is not going to happen. Finally I put together a team of highly trained security moose. They went ahead and checked the questions for me. However, I must warn you that the security moose can not read. So, their evaluation of the questions might not have much merit.

LOL.. Yeah, in this beautiful Doghouse..

And don't worry Alaskan Mutt, Bullwinkle did a good job, even though he can't read.. - Thanks Bullwinkle and a happy birthday Alaskan Mutt, everyone have a great week.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:50 PM

72,520 posts, read 18,248,202 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? Only if there's turbulence
-How about sea-sick? No that I know of
-Maybe car-sick? If I am sitting at the back going up to a mountain
-Getting sick of this question? Not yet!

-Have you ever been to an airshow? Yes but that was many years ago.

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? I would like to try it!

-Ever been hang gliding? Nope!

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand. Not me!

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? Can't remember!

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? I think I have

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? Probably macademina nuts

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day?

I haven't thought about it yet!

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in.

Mary Poppins

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant?

No that's too much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics