Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 09:05 AM

4,051 posts, read 2,924,067 times

Advertisements

Happy Birthday Mutt!!!

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? === I don't.
-How about sea-sick? === Not this either.
-Maybe car-sick? === Nope.
-Getting sick of this question? === I am.

-Have you ever been to an airshow? === I have. In fact, it was an airshow that brought us to the US. My husband organized one in New Zealand and was offered a job with the Experimental Aircraft Association that holds the largest annual US airshow in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. We came, we of course attended many more airshows, and then we divorced, so no more airshows for me.

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? === I'll pass on that thanks.

-Ever been hang gliding? === I haven't.

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand. === Not me!

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? === Last July in Barcelona.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? === I have.

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? === Cashews thanks.

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? === Not a beer fan but I'll toast my Irish friend Tom that day.

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. === Princess Bride.

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? === Not a pancake fan, so no.

Thanks Mutt. Do something fun today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 09:26 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,992,171 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick?
No

-How about sea-sick?
No

-Maybe car-sick?
Only if I'm reading a book or newspaper otherwise no.

-Getting sick of this question?
No now
-Have you ever been to an airshow?
Yes
-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp?
Yes that would be fun.
-Ever been hang gliding?
No
-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand.
No thanks
-When was the last time you rode in a taxi?
I think it was in 2015 or 16
-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know?
No
-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like?
Cashews
-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day?
Not for me....
-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in.
Old Yellow ?? I don't watch John Wayne's movies
-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant?
No I don't like pancakes all that much.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Old 02-17-2019, 10:12 AM

33,391 posts, read 26,715,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Welcome to the extra crappy special edition of the QOTD. Today's birthdays include Michael Jordan (basketball player), Paris Hilton (reality star), Larry The Cable Guy (redneck comedian), Alaskan Mutt (stinky cheese connoisseur) and Hal Holbrook (actor)

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? No
-How about sea-sick? No
-Maybe car-sick? No
-Getting sick of this question? Not so far.

-Have you ever been to an airshow? No

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? That could be fun, but I'd prefer a hot air balloon.

-Ever been hang gliding? No

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand. I'll pass on that.

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? A couple of years at least.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? Only with the taxi driver.

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? A can of mixed nuts please.

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? Not me.

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. Castaway

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? No.

Today Is:
*Random Acts of Kindness Day

Being the Extra Crappy Special Edition of the QOTD I felt it was very important to have the questions checked. I asked Magnum Mike but he was in the doghouse. So I then tried to get PJSaturn but she was busy getting ready to retire. Next I asked High_Plains_Retired but he had to go to town to buy the latest edition of Old Tractor Magazine. bjh is avoiding me as he has yet to return the money he took from my Jeep. I thought for sure that TN Tin Man would do it but it appears he got caught in a rainstorm without his oil can. John13 was busy picking horses at some obscure racetrack in South America. As much as I did not want to, I even asked animalcrazy. She agreed to check the questions if I first ate a bunch of yucky veggies. We all know that is not going to happen. Finally I put together a team of highly trained security moose. They went ahead and checked the questions for me. However, I must warn you that the security moose can not read. So, their evaluation of the questions might not have much merit.
I'm firmly convinced that Moose only pretend that they can't read. It's a conspiracy to fool us.

Thanks Alaskan Mutt, and happy birthday.

Old 02-17-2019, 10:38 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,861,492 times
[quote=Alaskan Mutt;54453968]Welcome to the extra crappy special edition of the QOTD. Today's birthdays include Michael Jordan (basketball player), Paris Hilton (reality star), Larry The Cable Guy (redneck comedian), Alaskan Mutt (stinky cheese connoisseur) and Hal Holbrook (actor)

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? Nope
-How about sea-sick? Only once when I was hung over from New Years Eve and we were scuba diving in the morning. My fish and grits breakfast along with a semi rough sea made that dive difficult.
-Maybe car-sick? When I was young I did but it had more to do with the anxiety of being in a car with a drunk father driving.
-Getting sick of this question? Nope. I appreciate what you do for us. It's far batter than what I could do every week.

-Have you ever been to an airshow? Yes but when I was young. John used to go to Osh Kosh for the air show every year and it was my time to have total control of the house and the remote

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? I really don't like flying in any form, but I would go up for a short ride, maybe. Oh the humanity

-Ever been hang gliding?

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? Maybe about 4 years this June.

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? Praline Pecans for me please. Our neighbor made some for Christmas and they were amazing.

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day?
Beer
Star Wars.
No I can't get eat a lot of them. They're very filling.

Today Is:

Being the Extra Crappy Special Edition of the QOTD I felt it was very important to have the questions checked. I asked Magnum Mike but he was in the doghouse. So I then tried to get PJSaturn but she was busy getting ready to retire. Next I asked High_Plains_Retired but he had to go to town to buy the latest edition of Old Tractor Magazine. bjh is avoiding me as he has yet to return the money he took from my Jeep. I thought for sure that TN Tin Man would do it but it appears he got caught in a rainstorm without his oil can. John13 was busy picking horses at some obscure racetrack in South America. As much as I did not want to, I even asked animalcrazy. She agreed to check the questions if I first ate a bunch of yucky veggies. We all know that is not going to happen. Finally I put together a team of highly trained security moose. They went ahead and checked the questions for me. However, I must warn you that the security moose can not read. So, their evaluation of the questions might not have much merit.

LOL Thanks Mutt. Eat those veggies

Old 02-17-2019, 11:08 AM

3,098 posts, read 1,706,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Welcome to the extra crappy special edition of the QOTD. Today's birthdays include Michael Jordan (basketball player), Paris Hilton (reality star), Larry The Cable Guy (redneck comedian), Alaskan Mutt (stinky cheese connoisseur) and Hal Holbrook (actor)

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? No
-How about sea-sick? No
-Maybe car-sick? Yes, if I'm the back seat too long (claustrophobia, I think).

-Have you ever been to an airshow? Yes

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? Yessirree!

-Ever been hang gliding? Nope

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? Last November

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? Yes

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? Salted peanuts

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? Doubt it. I'll be recovering from Mardi Gras

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. Not a Wayne fan, so I couldn't tell ya.

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? Nope
Thanks, Alaskan!

Old 02-17-2019, 11:36 AM

24,642 posts, read 26,200,377 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick?
Once, my Dad rung me out in a small plane in 1946.
-How about sea-sick?
No
-Maybe car-sick?
Once in 1951, new car smell got to me.
Nope, bring em on.

Many times.

Yes, saw it last month heading for a golf tournament.

-Ever been hang gliding?
No

Not me.

200X

No

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like?
Macadamias for me.

No way.

Two Mules for Sister Sara

Absolutey no.

Today Is:

Ha, ha. Great Q's as usual Mutt. Happy Birthday to you, hope your fridge is loaded with stinky cheese and cheap beer.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:53 PM

5,919 posts, read 3,833,067 times
[quote=Alaskan Mutt;54453968]Welcome to the extra crappy special edition of the QOTD. Today's birthdays include Michael Jordan (basketball player), Paris Hilton (reality star), Larry The Cable Guy (redneck comedian), Alaskan Mutt (stinky cheese connoisseur) and Hal Holbrook (actor)

Happy Birthday AM! Sending stinky cheese and cheap beer via the Moose

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick?
Haven't flown that much but I never got sick
-How about sea-sick?
nope been on lots of boats but maybe if I was out to sea for an extended period of time I might get sick
-Maybe car-sick?
nope
LOL

Yes I have

sure why not

-Ever been hang gliding?
noooooo

This is me not raising my hand

probably 20 years ago

no

I want two cans Mr. Money Bags, whole cashews and smoked almonds

Not I

Forrest Gump? At least I don't think he was

No never done that

Today Is:

Thanks Mutt!

Old 02-17-2019, 02:59 PM
bjh

60,378 posts, read 30,581,212 times

Happy Birthday!

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? Never
-How about sea-sick? Once
-Maybe car-sick? Never
-Getting sick of this question? Yep

-Ever been hang gliding?

Never had the situation arise.

Almonds

I'll have a rootbeer.

Rooster Cogburn

Not all you can eat. Pancakes are just okay imo.

Being the Extra Crappy Special Edition of the QOTD I felt it was very important to have the questions checked. I asked Magnum Mike but he was in the doghouse. So I then tried to get PJSaturn but she was busy getting ready to retire. Next I asked High_Plains_Retired but he had to go to town to buy the latest edition of Old Tractor Magazine. bjh is avoiding me as he has yet to return the money he took from my Jeep.

And some questions, a toothpick coming out of its wrapper that reads, "Pickle Barrel, Bozeman, MT", some Arby's coupons and a dog-eared copy of Stinky Cheese Monthly for August 2012 - centerfold Ms Bertha Bigginz of Dairlyand, Wisc. She likes walks along the beach at sunset and she wants to help people, her turn ons are Jeeps, cheese (obviously) and cheap beer. Turn offs are people who can't let an occasional vehicle burglary go. And she's a Virgo. But not for long.

I thought for sure that TN Tin Man would do it but it appears he got caught in a rainstorm without his oil can. John13 was busy picking horses at some obscure racetrack in South America. As much as I did not want to, I even asked animalcrazy. She agreed to check the questions if I first ate a bunch of yucky veggies. We all know that is not going to happen. Finally I put together a team of highly trained security moose. They went ahead and checked the questions for me. However, I must warn you that the security moose can not read. So, their evaluation of the questions might not have much merit.

Next time Mutt will do an Extra Crispy special edition he found in a dumpster outside a KFC.

Old 02-17-2019, 03:37 PM

15,443 posts, read 21,462,115 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? Edited: Oops! I forgot about the time I turned green as a passenger in a USDA Cesna chase plane while following a contractor's AgCat treating cotton. However, I was was able to hold it until we landed.
-How about sea-sick? Don't know. All the ships I've been on were either at anchor or docked.
-Maybe car-sick? Nope.

-Have you ever been to an airshow? Funny you should ask. Just yesterday I was trying to remember if I had ever seen the Air Force Thunderbirds fly the old F-100D in an air show. It was the first aircraft I ever crewed. However, I believe I've only seen them flying the F-4Es and the much smaller T38A Talon. All three times were at the same Air Base in New Mexico.

Additionally my dad, who was born in 1909 and was always fascinated by aircraft, once took us to an airshow at the local airport in about 1957 or 1958. I remember this because my cousin parachuted from an airplane and supposedly landed near a large and curious bull in a pasture.

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? Not out here right now with all this wind but yes, I'd go.

-Ever been hang gliding? Nope.

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand. I'm sitting on my hands.

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? Sometime during the 1990s I think.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? No.

I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? Cashews.

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? Probably not.

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. I'm almost sure he wasn't in Disorder in the Court with the Three Stooges.

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? No way. I've never made out eating any all-you-can-eat meal.

Today Is:

Good questions Mutt and Happy Birthday!

Please give my thanks to Bullwinkle and his friends.

Last edited by High_Plains_Retired; 02-17-2019 at 03:47 PM..

Old 02-17-2019, 03:39 PM

7,364 posts, read 2,761,088 times
Happy Birthday Mutt!
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? No
-How about sea-sick? ????
-Maybe car-sick? I did when I was quite young. Not any more though.
-Getting sick of this question? Nope

-Have you ever been to an airshow? Yes

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? Nope

-Ever been hang gliding? Nope

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand. My hand is not raised

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? Never

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? Nope

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? Walnuts

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? I don't, but I recall making green ice cubes a time or two.

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. "A Hard Day's Night"

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? No

Today Is:

Thanks Mutt for the questions, and thanks to the security moose team for their hard work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics