Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 02:41 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,579 times

Advertisements

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? Don't
-How about sea-sick? Oh, yes.
-Maybe car-sick? Yes
-Getting sick of this question? Does bring up some unpleasant memories.

-Have you ever been to an airshow? Haven't

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? Sure! When?

-Ever been hang gliding? I used to think I'd like to try, but no.

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand. .................

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? I was a teen the first & last time I rode in a taxi.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? No

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? Cashews.

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? Not me.

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. The Princess Bride

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? No, I can't eat many.

Today Is:
*Random Acts of Kindness Day

Being the Extra Crappy Special Edition of the QOTD I felt it was very important to have the questions checked. I asked Magnum Mike but he was in the doghouse. So I then tried to get PJSaturn but she was busy getting ready to retire. Next I asked High_Plains_Retired but he had to go to town to buy the latest edition of Old Tractor Magazine. bjh is avoiding me as he has yet to return the money he took from my Jeep. I thought for sure that TN Tin Man would do it but it appears he got caught in a rainstorm without his oil can. John13 was busy picking horses at some obscure racetrack in South America. As much as I did not want to, I even asked animalcrazy. She agreed to check the questions if I first ate a bunch of yucky veggies. We all know that is not going to happen. Finally I put together a team of highly trained security moose. They went ahead and checked the questions for me. However, I must warn you that the security moose can not read. So, their evaluation of the questions might not have much merit.

Happy Birthday, Mutt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 03:53 AM

11,365 posts, read 9,278,159 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick?
-How about sea-sick?
-Maybe car-sick?
-Getting sick of this question?

No to all.

-Have you ever been to an airshow? - Haven't.

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? - No thank you.

-Ever been hang gliding? - Nope

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand.

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? - 6 months ago. Brake line went out in my car on my way to work. Managed to get it to a gas station then took a bus and train to get to the city where I work. From the rail station I took a taxi to get to my job.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? - Long ago, it did not save me any money.

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? - I cannot digest them. Passing because it will likely land me a several day stay in a hospital...

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? - No, I never celebrated, nor have I ever had green beer.

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. - Up In Smoke - Cheech and Chong

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? - Never. I haven't had a pancake in years. If I do have again I will have only one. Come to think about it (and I just woke up, LOL) who serves just one? Well, I have seen them at the breakfast bar at Harris Teeter. I only hit that a few times per year and I skip the pancakes for one of their delicious biscuits.

Thanks, Mutt and I wish you a very Happy Birthday!!!

Old 02-17-2019, 04:50 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,383,686 times
Good Morning! Happy Birthday Mutt! I will be sure to have a cheap beer and some stinky cheese to honor your birthday today! Enjoy your day!

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? Nope
-How about sea-sick? Nope
-Maybe car-sick? Only if I try to read or knit. So the only thing I can do is look out the window.
-Getting sick of this question? Not at all--looking forward to what is next...

-Have you ever been to an airshow?

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? No

-Ever been hang gliding? No, I would be too scared.

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand. Oh no--not me.

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? Last Thursday--from my hotel in Quebec City to the train station.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know?

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? Hmmm, for a treat can I get a small bag of those seasoned pecans they sell out the Christmas Markets in Germany?

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? No plans to do that.

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. Princess Bride

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? No--although I have been in the mood for a pancake.

Today Is:
*Random Acts of Kindness Day Life is full of acts of kindness...

Happy Sunday!

Old 02-17-2019, 05:07 AM

3,546 posts, read 3,113,205 times
Sunday's Questions:

-How about sea-sick? Nope
-Maybe car-sick? Nope
-Getting sick of this question? A little....

-Have you ever been to an airshow? I volunteer at them every year.

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? Once,just to do it, but I think it might get boring after awhile

-Ever been hang gliding? Nope, and never will. can't tell you how many accidents I saw.

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand. Nope

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? The eggplant in Azerbaijan. What a hoot (and what crazy drivers! Now that's one time I felt a little queasy!)

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? Nope

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? Coconuts.Just to see the can they come in.

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? Nope

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. Little Women

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? Nope, I'd put 'em out of business.

Today Is:

Being the Extra Crappy Special Edition of the QOTD I felt it was very important to have the questions checked. I asked Magnum Mike but he was in the doghouse. So I then tried to get PJSaturn but she was busy getting ready to retire. Next I asked High_Plains_Retired but he had to go to town to buy the latest edition of Old Tractor Magazine. bjh is avoiding me as he has yet to return the money he took from my Jeep. I thought for sure that TN Tin Man would do it but it appears he got caught in a rainstorm without his oil can. John13 was busy picking horses at some obscure racetrack in South America. As much as I did not want to, I even asked animalcrazy. She agreed to check the questions if I first ate a bunch of yucky veggies. We all know that is not going to happen. Finally I put together a team of highly trained security moose. They went ahead and checked the questions for me. However, I must warn you that the security moose can not read. So, their evaluation of the questions might not have much merit.

Hey, asking 2 moose is sort of like asking one Yac, right?

Old 02-17-2019, 06:18 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,183,744 times
[quote=Alaskan Mutt;54453968]Welcome to the extra crappy special edition of the QOTD. Today's birthdays include Michael Jordan (basketball player), Paris Hilton (reality star), Larry The Cable Guy (redneck comedian), Alaskan Mutt (stinky cheese connoisseur) and Hal Holbrook (actor)

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? No, but I can sure get nervous.
-How about sea-sick? Only on quite small boats
-Maybe car-sick? When I was a kid I was frequently car-sick.
-Getting sick of this question? Naw, lead on MacDuff!

-Have you ever been to an airshow? No, but when I was a kid the county fair would sometimes have stunt fliers.

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? Me and who else?

-Ever been hang gliding? Never been that drunk.

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand. See above.

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? Last summer probably. Sometimes in the summer if I have to go to the next town I take a taxi because the tourists are as numerous as lice on a beggar.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? Yes, usually coming from the airport.

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? Cashews

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? No, I'd rather wait 'til it's ripe.

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. Song of Bernadette

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? No

Today Is:

When I was a child I was conned into believing that it was mouse/mice, moose/meece. It didn't fly when I got to school...but then those big things are horns, not wings.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:53 AM

11,086 posts, read 17,532,479 times
Sunday's Questions:

-How about sea-sick?Nope
-Maybe car-sick?Nope
-Getting sick of this question? Not yet. lol

-Have you ever been to an airshow? Nope

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? Nope

-Ever been hang gliding? Nope

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand. My hands are down

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? Maybe 30 or 40 years ago

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? Nope

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like?
Cashews
-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? Nope. Don't drink

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. Rio Lobo

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? Did it last week. Ate 4 pancakes at IHOP. Ordering them that way cost less than ordering 4 pancakes.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:59 AM

126,267 posts, read 19,036,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Welcome to the extra crappy special edition of the QOTD. Today's birthdays include Michael Jordan (basketball player), Paris Hilton (reality star), Larry The Cable Guy (redneck comedian), Alaskan Mutt (stinky cheese connoisseur) and Hal Holbrook (actor)

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick?
.....just uneasy

-How about sea-sick?
......Yes a bit

-Maybe car-sick?
......If I sit in the back of the car I feel car sick

-Getting sick of this question?
........NOT at all!

-Have you ever been to an airshow?
.....No

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp?
.......No thank you

-Ever been hang gliding?
......No way

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand.
......NOT ME

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi?
........the other day

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know?
......No

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like?
......Cashew nuts please

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day?
....... don't think so

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in.
......Lord of the Rings

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant?
...... Never

Today Is:

THANK YOU Alaskan Mutt

Old 02-17-2019, 08:01 AM

7,365 posts, read 5,479,265 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? No
-How about sea-sick? No
-Maybe car-sick? No
-Getting sick of this question? Lol!

-Have you ever been to an airshow? Yes

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? Yes

-Ever been hang gliding? No, but have been parasailing.

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand. No

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? A long time ago, I take Uber’s now.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? No

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? Peanuts

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? No

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. Saturday Night Fever

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? No

Old 02-17-2019, 08:06 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,277,858 times
Welcome to the extra crappy special edition of the QOTD. Today's birthdays include Michael Jordan (basketball player), Paris Hilton (reality star), Larry The Cable Guy (redneck comedian), Alaskan Mutt (stinky cheese connoisseur) and Hal Holbrook (actor)

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick?........I never have.
-How about sea-sick?.......No
-Maybe car-sick?........Sometimes depending on which seat I ride in. I’ve gotten motion sickness riding the train before. I can’t ride backwards.
-Getting sick of this question?.......Nope

-Have you ever been to an airshow?.......Yes

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp?.......Sure

-Ever been hang gliding?.......Nope

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand.......

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi?....It was several years ago in Las Vegas.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know?.......Nope, just the driver.

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like?........Cashews please.

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day?.......No!

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in......Pretty in Pink.

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant?......No

Today Is:
*Random Acts of Kindness Day......

Old 02-17-2019, 08:43 AM

273 posts, read 102,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Welcome to the extra crappy special edition of the QOTD. Today's birthdays include Michael Jordan (basketball player), Paris Hilton (reality star), Larry The Cable Guy (redneck comedian), Alaskan Mutt (stinky cheese connoisseur) (and a celebrity of renown on C.D.!) and Hal Holbrook (actor)

Sunday's Questions:

-Do you get air-sick? Only in severe smog/pollution.
-How about sea-sick? I never get sick of the sea.
-Maybe car-sick? I only get sick of the cars (or, maybe their drivers) "in season".
-Getting sick of this question? Ok. Where's "this" question?

-Have you ever been to an airshow? About half a dozen. Awesome!

-Would you like to spend the afternoon riding around in the Goodyear Blimp? Yes. And a hot air balloon would be awesome too. But somewhere where the landscape is more interesting than boring, flat Florida.

-Ever been hang gliding? No. And not interested, thank you very much.

-Everybody that wants to try bungee jumping raise your hand. You first. Then I'll decide.

-When was the last time you rode in a taxi? 1989.

-Have you ever shared a taxi with someone you did not know? 1989.

-If I ever win the lottery I will buy everyone that answers these questions a can of nuts. What type of nuts would you like? Anything would be appreciated, except Brazil nuts.

-One month from today is Saint Patrick's Day. Anyone planning on drinking green beer that day? Not green or any other color, thank you very much.

-Name a movie that John Wayne was not in. Murder On The Orient Express

-Have you ever ordered the all you can eat pancakes at a restaurant? No. But have attended AYCE pancake benefit breakfasts from local fire and police and Lyons, etc. They make $$ off me, as I can barely eat 2. Now if it was a pan of perfectly cooked bacon...it's no holds barred!

Today Is:
*Random Acts of Kindness Day I'd say you've already performed your A.o.K., Mutt. And on your Special Day! I think that merits you a not so cheap beer (or 6 ) upgrade.

Being the Extra Crappy Special Edition of the QOTD I felt it was very important to have the questions checked. I asked Magnum Mike but he was in the doghouse. So I then tried to get PJSaturn but she was busy getting ready to retire. Next I asked High_Plains_Retired but he had to go to town to buy the latest edition of Old Tractor Magazine. bjh is avoiding me as he has yet to return the money he took from my Jeep. I thought for sure that TN Tin Man would do it but it appears he got caught in a rainstorm without his oil can. John13 was busy picking horses at some obscure racetrack in South America. As much as I did not want to, I even asked animalcrazy. She agreed to check the questions if I first ate a bunch of yucky veggies. (you could always sneak them into your pocket when her back was turned and feed them to moosies!) We all know that is not going to happen. Finally I put together a team of highly trained security moose. They went ahead and checked the questions for me. However, I must warn you that the security moose can not read. So, their evaluation of the questions might not have much merit.
Yes, but their undying loyalty and willingness to try to help you warrants they at least get to share a token piece of your birthday cake.

Thanks, Mutt, for sharing your special day with us. Hoping you all things good. Happy Birthday.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics