Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2023, 06:35 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times

Advertisements

It's almost the end of June. Let's wind things up with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Do you see many butterflies or bees around where you live?

Do you have any old magazines or newspapers, what kinds and what are your plans for them?

Do you still have old paperwork from years or decades past, and if so what are you gonna do with that?

What kinds of gadgets, tools or hardware do you have or what kinds are you a sucker for getting?

Do you have any unused wooden items:furniture, old wooden picture frames, loose lumber, etc.?

Foodie Question(s):
What is your go to starchy food: potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, or something else?

Have a [great] Thursday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2023, 06:47 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times

Today's Question(s):

Do you have any old magazines or newspapers, what kinds and what are your plans for them?

Do you still have old paperwork from years or decades past, and if so what are you gonna do with that?

What kinds of gadgets, tools or hardware do you have or what kinds are you a sucker for getting?

Do you have any unused wooden items:furniture, old wooden picture frames, loose lumber, etc.?

Foodie Question(s):
What is your go to starchy food: potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, or something else?

Have a [great] Thursday!

Old 06-28-2023, 06:54 PM

6,868 posts, read 4,866,838 times
Lots of butterflies this year. It's very exciting.

There is lumber in my barn, and bundles of hand split cedar shakes; lumber under my house as well as slabs of walnut. Exotic hardwood in the shop. My late husband's hobby was furniture making. There's also enough trim to trim the inside of a big house.

I don't keep old magazines or newspapers, but I have been going through old paperwork and burning it.

Old 06-28-2023, 07:30 PM

9,724 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you see many butterflies or bees around where you live? Yes, both butterflies and bees are plentiful here.

Do you have any old magazines or newspapers, what kinds and what are your plans for them? Recycle truck comes once/week for that stuff.

In my business, I must keep legal documents and back up files for 5 years, 7 years if there's litigation. (how would I know, so I keep everything for 7 years, and shred documents, 1 year at a time.)

I like buying garden tools

Yes, I have a variety of loose lumber and tools. I've been getting rid of those things a little at a time. Whatever I put on the curb, goes fast.

Foodie Question(s):
Pasta....(Spaghetti and Prego sauce...no need for meat)

Thanks for the Qs of the day!

Old 06-28-2023, 07:59 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you see many butterflies or bees around where you live? Both but seeing more bees

Do you have any old magazines or newspapers, what kinds and what are your plans for them? When I was still getting a newspaper I saved them and gave them to the local animal shelter. They're always needing them

Do you still have old paperwork from years or decades past, and if so what are you gonna do with that? I have some of my nationally syndicated newspaper columns from 1911 until his death in 1938. Gonna hold on to them

What kinds of gadgets, tools or hardware do you have or what kinds are you a sucker for getting? I like to get fishing stuff

Do you have any unused wooden items:furniture, old wooden picture frames, loose lumber, etc.? Got rid of most of that.

Foodie Question(s):
What is your go to starchy food: potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, or something else? Potatoes and bread

Old 06-28-2023, 08:05 PM

3,125 posts, read 1,011,740 times
Good evening.

Today's Question(s):
Lots of butterflies, no bees here.
No.
I have some yes, I'll keep them for now.
Nothing really, my husband has some.
Some loose lumber.
Foodie Question(s):
I don't eat starchy foods anymore, in general but...I'll have some of each that you mentioned rarely, just a little bit, 2-3 times/year and the healthy versions. For example rice pasta etc.

Have a [great] Thursday!
Thank you. U2.

Old 06-28-2023, 08:12 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
Today's Question(s):
Do 9e you see many butterflies or bees around where you live?
****A few butterflies. Not many bees. Lots of wasps

****Any I get are tossed

****I have some old paperwork. When I croak it will be someone elses problem

****Handtools such as wrenches and pliers.

****Nope

Foodie Question(s):
****A tie between potatoes and pasta

Have a [great] Thursday!

Old 06-28-2023, 08:44 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Do you see many butterflies or bees around where you live? Sometimes, not often.

Do you have any old magazines or newspapers, what kinds and what are your plans for them? Some souvenir ones such as the first landing on the moon, and Nixon's resignation. Plans are to keep them.

Do you still have old paperwork from years or decades past, and if so what are you gonna do with that? I throw them out if they are of no use and the Rules of Professional Responsibility don't require their retention unless they are of sentimental value.

What kinds of gadgets, tools or hardware do you have or what kinds are you a sucker for getting? Can't think of them now.

Do you have any unused wooden items:furniture, old wooden picture frames, loose lumber, etc.? I'm quite sure I do but I can't think of them now.

Foodie Question(s):
What is your go to starchy food: potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, or something else? Sometimes bagels, sometimes spiced French Fries.

Old 06-28-2023, 09:47 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times
Obviously I didn't make it back in time to edit my first post so let me try this again.

Today's Question(s):
I had some good answers typed up but now I'm too tired to retype since I didn't realize my time was up to edit. But yes, lots of bees, wasps, dirt daubers, hornets and some other questionable flying things. I don't see as many butterflies as I would like.

Yes, I have started going through them recently. No newspapers, just hand-me-down magazines and old catalogs. It will all go for shredding when I'm done.

Yep, that will be part of the shred-fest. Purging the files, I already have one box filled and will probably have a couple more.

I have a lot of tools like hammers and screwdrivers, a drill, nails, screws, tacks.....it's all plural because it's all been given to me or I somehow ended up with these things and I seem to have 10 of everything. I also had a business and owned 3 homes so it's just been collecting over many years. I'm going through all that too. I just don't know what to do with it. Any suggestions where a donation of tool junk would be needed?

4 pieces of loose lumber I didn't need anymore for a project so I stuck them in the storage shed. I was going to make a shelf with the boards in the shed but it never got done and now I can't do it.

Foodie Question(s):
I love all the things listed. Too much. For me, moderation is the ticket. I will not deprive myself because I do enough of that already and I know I will binge if I try to stop something all together, so I eat it I just have to police my intake.

Have a [great] Thursday!

Thank you bjh, good questions

Old 06-28-2023, 09:53 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you see many butterflies or bees around where you live? Have not seen any yet.

Do you have any old magazines or newspapers, what kinds and what are your plans for them? Have several old historical issues. Plans are to hand them down to heirs.

Do you still have old paperwork from years or decades past, and if so what are you gonna do with that? Have house titles, car titles, will and trust, marriage license, genealogical stuff to keep until whenever.

What kinds of gadgets, tools or hardware do you have or what kinds are you a sucker for getting? Have every type of tool there is now for my purposes. Not planning on buying anymore.

Do you have any unused wooden items:furniture, old wooden picture frames, loose lumber, etc.? Got rid of that stuff about 2 years ago when downsizing.

Foodie Question(s):
What is your go to starchy food: potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, or something else? Potatoes such as diced, fried, shredded, baked, broiled, burnt or not. Love me potatoes.

Have a [great] Thursday! u-2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics