Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 05:05 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,184,730 times

Advertisements

6:16 a.m. and I JUST woke up. Rare event for me.

~ Can you think of any kind of 'monkey business' that you ever got involved in when you were younger OR not-so- old?

~ Which is better - your short term memory or your long term memory?

~ Have you ever forgiven someone for something? I don't ever ask too personal questions, so no details needed, just a straight up yes or no will suffice!

~ Do you watch your neighbors homes for them to prevent any crime when they are not home? I am talking about 'neighborhood watch' now, not the same as a similar question already asked this week. I mean watching from your home when you can see any strangers at their home?

~ Please list any sort of games that you enjoy playing:

~ Is your city or town or what-have-you progressing in a good direction or not, in your opinion? (Not a political question here!)

~ Do you think that natural born geniuses are born often?

~ Do you tend to mind your own business or rather offer help to others that appear to need it?

**** I wish you a nice and positive good week ahead! **** Thank you to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2023, 05:24 AM

11,409 posts, read 9,333,788 times
~ Can you think of any kind of 'monkey business' that you ever got involved in when you were younger OR not-so- old? - No

~ Which is better - your short term memory or your long term memory? - I wish I could forget some bad things that happened to me in the past...

~ Have you ever forgiven someone for something? I don't ever ask too personal questions, so no details needed, just a straight up yes or no will suffice! - No

~ Do you watch your neighbors homes for them to prevent any crime when they are not home? I am talking about 'neighborhood watch' now, not the same as a similar question already asked this week. I mean watching from your home when you can see any strangers at their home? - Don't.

~ Please list any sort of games that you enjoy playing: - Just the horses sometimes, live racing on my computer.

Been playing the late Pick 4 or Pick 5 from Charles Town (in WV) on Saturday nights lately. I had a 20 some race winning streak going that was broken in the last race Saturday as I missed hitting the Pick 5 (picking 5 straight winners, races 4-8) by a head at the wire.

None of that made me much of a profit as too many favorites in those races won. Edit and to clarify - multiple horses were picked up in most of those races, not just picking one horse in each.

~ Is your city or town or what-have-you progressing in a good direction or not, in your opinion? (Not a political question here!) - Things are about the same...

~ Do you think that natural born geniuses are born often? - IDK

~ Do you tend to mind your own business or rather offer help to others that appear to need it? - I pretty much keep to myself...

Last edited by John13; 08-18-2023 at 05:38 AM..

Old 08-18-2023, 05:49 AM

126,395 posts, read 19,151,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ Can you think of any kind of 'monkey business' that you ever got involved in when you were younger OR not-so- old?...........No

~ Which is better - your short term memory or your long term memory?..............Both are still very good

~ Have you ever forgiven someone for something?...........Yes
I don't ever ask too personal questions, so no details needed, just a straight up yes or no will suffice!

~ Do you watch your neighbors homes for them to prevent any crime when they are not home? I am talking about 'neighborhood watch' now, not the same as a similar question already asked this week. I mean watching from your home when you can see any strangers at their home? ..............Yes we help each other out

~ Please list any sort of games that you enjoy playing:..............Boardgames and card games

~ Is your city or town or what-have-you progressing in a good direction or not, in your opinion? (Not a political question here!)...........I think so

~ Do you think that natural born geniuses are born often?.................Musical ones for sure

~ Do you tend to mind your own business or rather offer help to others that appear to need it?...................I like to help out whenever I can,little things or local charities

Thank you roosty and the same to you!

Old 08-18-2023, 05:56 AM

1,404 posts, read 634,717 times

~ Can you think of any kind of 'monkey business' that you ever got involved in when you were younger OR not-so- old?

### I have many, I’m kinda wicked when it comes to monkey business. The crème de la crème was many years ago when Mrs. C was in the shower and I sneaked into the bathroom, reached under shower curtain and tickled her feet. Screams, yelling and pandemonium ensued.

### These days my long term memory, as the sun begins to set I think about loved ones still here, but mostly the great memories of the ones that have passed on. While short term memory is a battle on where I put down my glasses.

~ Have you ever forgiven someone for something? I don't ever ask too personal questions, so no details needed, just a straight up yes or no will suffice!

### Yes.

~ Do you watch your neighbors homes for them to prevent any crime when they are not home? I am talking about 'neighborhood watch' now, not the same as a similar question already asked this week. I mean watching from your home when you can see any strangers at their home?

### We don’t have a neighborhood watch. The neighbor next door sometimes ask and we do the same. We’ve bee neighbors for close to 40 years.

### Nothing at the moment

~ Is your city or town or what-have-you progressing in a good direction or not, in your opinion? (Not a political question here!)

### It has progressed after COVID where housing is no longer affordable to many people. Many Manhattanites have basically taken over.

### I don’t know, but if they don’t get educated that genius goes to waste.

~ Do you tend to mind your own business or rather offer help to others that appear to need it?

### I’m both.

### You and everyone too.

### THX for the QOTD, mr roosty.

### A funny clip, proof no matter the species moms will be moms, and kids are all the same

https://www.reddit.com/r/MadeMeSmile..._finds_kitten/

Old 08-18-2023, 06:01 AM

7,399 posts, read 5,513,358 times

~ Can you think of any kind of 'monkey business' that you ever got involved in when you were younger OR not-so- old? Yes, fun stuff, not bad.

~ Which is better - your short term memory or your long term memory? Short

~ Have you ever forgiven someone for something? I don't ever ask too personal questions, so no details needed, just a straight up yes or no will suffice! Yes

~ Do you watch your neighbors homes for them to prevent any crime when they are not home? I am talking about 'neighborhood watch' now, not the same as a similar question already asked this week. I mean watching from your home when you can see any strangers at their home? I live in a quiet safe neighborhood. I do watch one neighbors house, like this week, when she goes away, I take in her mail and newspaper and water her outside plants.

~ Please list any sort of games that you enjoy playing: I like all games, mostly cards.

~ Is your city or town or what-have-you progressing in a good direction or not, in your opinion? (Not a political question here!) not a good direction industry wise, plus our health care options right now are not good. Our hospital closed and the nearest trauma ER is a half hour away.

~ Do you think that natural born geniuses are born often? Yes

~ Do you tend to mind your own business or rather offer help to others that appear to need it? Mind my own business.

Thank you!

Old 08-18-2023, 06:16 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,281,489 times
Good morning, rainroosty, and thank you!

~ Can you think of any kind of 'monkey business' that you ever got involved in when you were younger OR not-so- old? I have done the usual things, like skipping school, writing on walls, etc.

~ Which is better - your short term memory or your long term memory? Both are pretty equally bad. LOL

~ Have you ever forgiven someone for something? I don't ever ask too personal questions, so no details needed, just a straight up yes or no will suffice! Yes.

~ Do you watch your neighbors homes for them to prevent any crime when they are not home? I am talking about 'neighborhood watch' now, not the same as a similar question already asked this week. I mean watching from your home when you can see any strangers at their home? I cannot even hear anything (not even hardly a big storm) outside my house so no - never been asked to either. I mean, if I was asked, I'd do it. As I could.

~ Please list any sort of games that you enjoy playing: OK so when it comes to games, it's like I wake up in a new world every day! In spite of this, I do enjoy some games, like spades and dominoes. I also like Clue. Probably some others but like I said, they're always new to me. I guess because I don't play them often enough. Oh, I like word games a lot too! Like Scrabble.

~ Is your city or town or what-have-you progressing in a good direction or not, in your opinion? (Not a political question here!) Overall, I think so, yes, even though I dislike the new mayor.

~ Do you think that natural born geniuses are born often? Not all that often. I think there are many different types of IQs though.

~ Do you tend to mind your own business or rather offer help to others that appear to need it? I live in my own little world but sure, if someone seems to need help, I will offer it.

Old 08-18-2023, 06:17 AM

37,819 posts, read 41,132,981 times

~ Which is better - your short term memory or your long term memory? Long-term is better.

~ Have you ever forgiven someone for something? I don't ever ask too personal questions, so no details needed, just a straight up yes or no will suffice! Yes (to them but sometimes not really in my head).

~ Do you watch your neighbors homes for them to prevent any crime when they are not home? I am talking about 'neighborhood watch' now, not the same as a similar question already asked this week. I mean watching from your home when you can see any strangers at their home? No.

~ Please list any sort of games that you enjoy playing: Fun Trivia Duel vs another opponent randomly picked, All hidden object games that revolve around a real location (no fantasy stuff). Recently played Vacation Paradise: California, Collector's Edition and am now playing Vacation Paradise: Florida. Have played others like London, Paris, Rome, San Francisco, New York City, Tokyo, Istanbul, Adventure Trip London etc.. Also, Flip Words and Flip Words 2, Bejeweled 3 and my all-time favorite because it is unique: Snapshot Adventures: Secret of Bird Island which is a PC game you play solo where you take "photos" of birds all around places in the US (with different birders/bird photographers/ornithologists) to get cover shots for bird magazines. You get to learn about real birds and where you would find them. I got a shot of 2 bobolinks (flitting around together) on my vacation this year. Never saw one in my life but recognized them from playing the PC game, took it into the visitor's center still in my camera and one of the people who work there confirmed it for me. Also, from my old Commodore 64 days, I liked the original Zork where there were no images at all but you typed directions in words to move a character along. The creators programmed in some zingers if you made a stupid move. It was fun and all based on your imagination.

~ Is your city or town or what-have-you progressing in a good direction or not, in your opinion? (Not a political question here!) Not in a good direction. Too many people moving here after preferable (for me) stagnant growth for more than 12 years. Destroyed wildlife habitat to build. We went over 30,000. It is now the largest town, population-wise, that I ever lived in as an adult and it doesn't help that more people are supposedly working from home but are really out and about when they used to be at work on weekdays..

~ Do you think that natural born geniuses are born often? I don't know but they certainly aren't on most game shows these days that depend on knowledge of books, history, science, government, geography, etc., to win. Maybe they are still "out there" but the show contestant-pickers are looking for loud extroverts who act silly.

~ Do you tend to mind your own business or rather offer help to others that appear to need it? Not sure to what you refer. Something physical? Dangerous? Financial? Emotional?

Old 08-18-2023, 07:00 AM

30,713 posts, read 16,352,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

nothing I'd admit to

hard to answer. I remember numbers and voices for years. Faces and names maybe 10 minutes.

yes.

no neighborhood watch here.

Hurdle and Outspell on AARP site. No, I'm not a member.

I think overall in a good direction. It's a college town but locals are finally realizing it's a town independent of the college.

For the most part, we'll never know.

If I see someone in need I try to help. Doesn't happen often tho as I pretty much stay in my own little world.

thank you, roosty.

same to you.

Old 08-18-2023, 07:03 AM

7,261 posts, read 7,128,597 times

I was mostly a good kid. Also, we lived rural, not much around to get me into trouble.

Neither. Brain like a seive.

Yeah.

Our next door neighbors have asked us to keep an eye out when they leave town.

Card games, mostly.

The big issue here is too much housing, not enough infrastructure.

I don't know. I don't think I've ever really known anyone truly that smart.

Depends on the dynamic of the relationship.

Old 08-18-2023, 07:46 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,618,961 times
Yup. Friend of mine bought a gross of M-80 firecrackers back when it took I think 8 to equal a stick of dynamite. He then took utility candles, carved a hole in the side down to the wick. We would hide one in somebody's yard, lay the wick of the M-80 in that hole, light the candle, and we'd be several blocks away when it went off. lol
~ Which is better - your short term memory or your long term memory? Long term. I have a bad case of CRS (Can't Remember S**t ) disease. Wife says it's contagious!

~ Have you ever forgiven someone for something? I don't ever ask too personal questions, so no details needed, just a straight up yes or no will suffice! Yup. A couple times

~ Do you watch your neighbors homes for them to prevent any crime when they are not home? I am talking about 'neighborhood watch' now, not the same as a similar question already asked this week. I mean watching from your home when you can see any strangers at their home? Yup. We have good neighbors. We just let them know when we're leaving, and vice versa. We even have keys to each other's back door in case of emergency.

~ Please list any sort of games that you enjoy playing: Mainly online. Solitaire Monopoly has me hooked right now, along with Yahtzee

~ Is your city or town or what-have-you progressing in a good direction or not, in your opinion? (Not a political question here!) My town is still rebuilding from the Dec. 10,2021 tornado that just about wiped out the town. Slowly but surely we're rebuilding. One main hold back is FEMA. Our church has been working with them since a few weeks after the tornado and still haven't seen a penny. Their favorite word is "soon".

~ Do you think that natural born geniuses are born often? I have no idea

~ Do you tend to mind your own business or rather offer help to others that appear to need it? I offer to help those who actually appreciate the help, not just expect it and take it for granted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics