Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2023, 02:18 AM

9,729 posts, read 14,275,085 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
What's the most boring movie you ever saw? In my lifetime, I've seen very few movies, and those were picked because I had an interest in them. i.e. Elvis's new movie, Obama's America, and just a very few that I saw when I was a kid. I'm not a movie buff, so, none boring.

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know? You know it when you got one!

What's something/anything you snuck into or out of a place? When I go to live concerts at a nearby theatre, I sneak in some peanuts or crackers. But that's changing because now when I show my ticket, an employee checks handbags with a long stick....I guess for alcohol or drinks. They want us to buy our snacks/wine/beer, inside.

Foodie Question(s):
With a sandwich: potato chips or corn chips? potato chips in moderation

I saw fried frog legs on a Chinese buffet. I passed on them. Would you have? Yes, although I had them years ago at a restaurant and they were good....tasted like chicken.

Thanks, bjh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2023, 05:48 AM

1,375 posts, read 617,139 times
What happened to all my reputations and info? Doesn’t show on the upper right hand corner box.

It's the first Thursday of September 2023! Let's celebrate with . . .

Today's Question(s):
What's the most boring movie you ever saw?

###

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know?

### Don’t recall being bitten by any of those.

What's something/anything you snuck into or out of a place?

### Brought our own popcorn a few times at the movies

Foodie Question(s):
With a sandwich: potato chips or corn chips?

### Chips

I saw fried frog legs on a Chinese buffet. I passed on them. Would you have?

###

Have a good one.

### You and everyone too.

Old 09-07-2023, 05:59 AM

7,251 posts, read 7,087,479 times

Today's Question(s):

Happy Feet, about the penguins. Took DD when she was little. Oh so boring.

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know?

Me, more than once. Two worst times: A wasp stung the top of my foot. Then once I stepped in a bees nest that was in a hole in the ground. Many stings on my ankle and that got infected.

Yeah. Stupid teen me snuck into an abandoned house once.

Foodie Question(s):

Potato.

No, I would not eat them.

Have a good one.

Old 09-07-2023, 06:29 AM

7,374 posts, read 5,488,300 times

Today's Question(s):
What's the most boring movie you ever saw? Quite a few, but can’t remember their names because they were so boring. The one that won the Academy Award last year for best picture, I only made thru about 10 minutes.

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know? When I was very young, I remember getting stung by a wasp, it was painful, my parents put mud on the bite.

Foodie Question(s):
With a sandwich: potato chips or corn chips? Corn

I saw fried frog legs on a Chinese buffet. I passed on them. Would you have? Yes!

Have a good one.
Thank you!

Old 09-07-2023, 06:56 AM

30,555 posts, read 16,247,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):

Gone With the Wind although slightly better than the book.

it hurts. Fortunately I'm not allergic.

when I was in France about 50 yrs ago I borrowed a pyrex type glass. Next time I go there, I'll return it.

Foodie Question(s):

neither but potato chips would be preferable

no, I would have tried them. Hey, it's a buffet. Buffets are made for trying new food.

Have a good one.
thanks, bjh.

Old 09-07-2023, 07:17 AM

14,785 posts, read 8,123,845 times
Quote:

Today's Question(s):
I have fell asleep during a couple, since I fell asleep I don't remember...
Not a big movie buff anymore.

When I was a kid I was stung by both a bee at one point and a wasp at another.
Not fun!

I have snuck food into the movies..when I was a kid I snuck into a cave the University was studying at a park (it had no trespassing signs all around it.)But that didn't stop us kids.
Foodie Question(s):
Depends on mood....probably potato chips (trying to avoid carbs right now though.)
I would pass!

Have a good one.

U2!
Thanks for the questions!

Old 09-07-2023, 07:18 AM

126,290 posts, read 19,074,632 times
Quote:

Today's Question(s):
What's the most boring movie you ever saw? .............. Don't remember

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know? ...............Twice by a wasp while hiking,nature called so I got stung in my behind and one time it somehow got in my shirt and it stung me on my stomach...boy did it ever hurt

What's something/anything you snuck into or out of a place? ........... Nothing

Foodie Question(s):
With a sandwich: potato chips or corn chips? ..........Neither

I saw fried frog legs on a Chinese buffet. I passed on them. Would you have? .............

Have a good one.

Thank you bjh

Old 09-07-2023, 07:25 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,009,909 times
Good morning, bjh, and thank you!

What's the most boring movie you ever saw? Either "Heroes Die Young" (wait, that was the WORST movie I've ever watched, not the most boring!) or (this is it) "The Good Shepherd" but to be totally honest, I gave up after about 2/3s of the movie.

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know? The first time, but not the last time, I was stung that I recall, I was jumping over a creek and must have put my foot down on a bed of something or other because they came flying out and stung me on both inner thighs! I mean, as I was in the air. It was horrible. I was about six or seven.

What's something/anything you snuck into or out of a place? I didn't do this but my date, who became my husband, did it and I was with him so sort of complicit. We called my dad (I did, to tell him I was with someone who used the word "larrapin'"correctly in a sentence, so of course I ended up marrying him) and my dad was telling him about how he had snuck some silverware into my mom's purse at some restaurant, and my to be husband said to him, "But did you get one of the steak knives?" and my dad said no, so he snuck one out! I snuck a kitten into a restaurant one time because we were on our way there but found a kitten in the middle of the road!

With a sandwich: potato chips or corn chips? Potato chips, preferably IN the sandwich.

I saw fried frog legs on a Chinese buffet. I passed on them. Would you have? I have eaten them before but they were nothing special. They taste like chicken. Hey, I'm from New Orleans - we eat anything.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 09-07-2023 at 07:33 AM..

Old 09-07-2023, 07:33 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,599 posts, read 81,279,384 times
Today's Question(s):
What's the most boring movie you ever saw? Fantasia, but the kids liked it.

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know? It was between two fingers and hurt a lot at first.

What's something/anything you snuck into or out of a place? We used to sneak our own food into baseball games.

Foodie Question(s):
With a sandwich: potato chips or corn chips? Corn chips

I saw fried frog legs on a Chinese buffet. I passed on them. Would you have? In high school I cooked at a Fish & Chips shop. We did a special order of fried frog legs for a party, and yes, I ate one (had to make sure they were OK). It tasted like gamey chicken, and once was enough.

Old 09-07-2023, 07:40 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,557,742 times
Today's Question(s):
What's the most boring movie you ever saw? Waterworld, with Kevin Costner

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know? Stepped on a bee and got stung on the bottom of my foot. Threw rocks at a wasp nest and got stung on my elbow

What's something/anything you snuck into or out of a place? Snacks to a drive in movie. Only because the sign said no outside food allowed

Foodie Question(s):
With a sandwich: potato chips or corn chips? Potato chips and sometimes I like putting them on the sandwich

I saw fried frog legs on a Chinese buffet. I passed on them. Would you have? No way would I have passed! I love frog legs! You must not be from the south! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics