Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2023, 07:45 AM

6,934 posts, read 4,942,734 times

Advertisements

A yellow jacket got me last month. It had been years since I was stung. I got even. I set out traps and killed an army of them.

Can't think of anything sneaky in recent years. Did all the usual sneaky stuff as a child.

I seldom eat sandwiches. I have never had, nor do I want, chips of any kind with one.

Frog legs are good, although I think it's a shame to kill a frog just for it's legs. I wouldn't want them fried. Seems to me they would be rather expensive for a Chinese Buffet. I wonder if they were really chicken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2023, 10:13 AM

44,401 posts, read 20,131,487 times
IIt's the first Thursday of September 2023! Let's celebrate with . . .

Today's Question(s):

What's the most boring movie you ever saw? Out of Africa

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know? I've had a bunch of bee stings over my lifetime, none were a big deal. However, last summer I had a run-in with a whole swarm of tiny hornets and it scared the heck out of me. I was mowing the lawn, unaware that these critters live in the ground and had a nest in my lawn. In an instant, I had dozens of little hornets stinging my ankles and getting into my pants legs, stinging me as they crawled their way up. I swatted at my jeans to smash them as fast as I could. I don't have any allergies that I know of, but it sure was frightening getting stung by so many hornets all at once.

After smashing as many as I could through my jeans out in the yard, I ran into the house, ripped off my jeans, got in the bathtub and turned on the shower to wash the critters off. I then took a bottle of alcohol and rubbed it all over my legs from the knees down, where all the welts were. Then I dried off and put ice on my legs. All of this helped a lot, so I decided not to go to the ER unless the pain worsened. Within half an hour I was feeling probably 90% better, and by the next day I only had little red welts on my lower legs that were not painful. Whew! It was a frightening ordeal.

What's something/anything you snuck into or out of a place? Long ago, when we were pretty broke, my friends and I would sneak all sorts of foods into movie theatres because we couldn't afford to buy food at the concession stands.

Foodie Question(s):
With a sandwich: potato chips or corn chips? Potato chips, please.

I saw fried frog legs on a Chinese buffet. I passed on them. Would you have? I'd have ordered them. Frog legs are super delicious!

Have a good one. Thanks heaps for the questions, bjh!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 09-07-2023, 10:35 AM

24,549 posts, read 26,107,995 times
Today's Question(s):
What's the most boring movie you ever saw?
I don't recall seeing a boring movie.

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know?
Everyone in the family has been stung but nothing stands out or is memorable moment worth remembering.

What's something/anything you snuck into or out of a place?
Like Wit, sneaking friends into drive in movies and thr best and possible the scariest was sneaking a water heater into Mexico.

Foodie Question(s):
With a sandwich: potato chips or corn chips?
Either one for me.

I saw fried frog legs on a Chinese buffet. I passed on them. Would you have?
This is a maybe.

Have a good one.
Thanx bjh

Old 09-07-2023, 12:05 PM

3,197 posts, read 1,051,657 times
Good morning.

I don't know about the most boring but there were a few that I didn't like. The type where the main character is a beautiful female scientist for example, the head of X department, she's in her twenties and is running after x criminal in that scene. She wears high heels while running. And she is really hot, I mean...she could be a super model. She's always cool and has a brilliant mind, of course. At the end of the scene after fighting the criminal (he's tall and muscular but she is victorious and kills the guy) her hair looks perfect and she's walking on the street in the sunset on her hot high heels while some rock music starts playing...you get the idea. These types of movies.

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know?
Nothing special about it.

Some berries in a small plastic bag in my backpack while going to the movies.

Foodie Question(s):
No chips for me, thanks.

I did eat that as a child one time. They were very good but I would not eat them again. So the answer is 'no' or in Chinese 'bu'.

Thanks.

I received a few kind comments these days from a few people, I read them on "My Settings". But I could not answer. I give "likes" a lot here and I can't comment/write anymore to anyone now. So I thank you (who wrote to me) here and I wish you all the best.

Old 09-07-2023, 07:22 PM

1,867 posts, read 846,113 times
What's the most boring movie you ever saw? I don't give movies a chance if they've been boring for more then 10-15 minutes, off they go.

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know? Always surprising. Feel like bee stings initially hurt worse, but go away quicker compared to wasp/hornets.

What's something/anything you snuck into or out of a place? A lot of stuff. I'm cheap.

Foodie Question(s):
With a sandwich: potato chips or corn chips? Potato all day.

I saw fried frog legs on a Chinese buffet. I passed on them. Would you have? Tried them, no bueno. Had someone else try and they said that they tasted off.

Old 09-07-2023, 07:34 PM

427 posts, read 162,427 times
Today's Question(s):

IDK.

Actually around a month ago I had one in my hair and it mildly stung my finger when I was playing with my hair. Thank goodness it wasn't a real sting. I don't know what it was... Almost a bite? But why would an insect that can sting bite? lol

Can't think of anything. I'm too much of a goody-two shoes to do that kind of thing. lol

Foodie Question(s):

Definitely potato... Although I prefer fries.

Ewwwwww. 100% pass!!

Old 09-07-2023, 08:11 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,172 posts, read 30,489,340 times
Today's Question(s):
Chariots of Fire
While riding a bike I ran into a wasp, felt its little feet grasp hold of me and then - ouch!
Like many of you, food into movie theaters, pets into hotel rooms, and when I was younger myself into museums.
Foodie Question(s):
Taters all the way. Corn with nachos or Mexican food, guac or dips.
I'll just say if they were chicken then there are chickens that grow frogs' legs if the sign above that said "Fried Frog Legs" didn't make it clear and anyone paying attention knows I am from the South, thankyavery much!

Thanks, y'all. Kick your shoes off and 'set' a spell.

Old 09-07-2023, 08:52 PM

39,010 posts, read 23,012,497 times
Today's Question(s):
Tron. My friend and I left after about 15 minutes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron

It happened when I was about 4-5 years old, walking on a patch of clover barefoot. OUCH!!!

My own snacks into a movie theater.

Foodie Question(s):
Potato chips, although I rarely eat them anymore.

Have a good one.
Thanks! You too!

Old 09-08-2023, 02:13 AM

1,009 posts, read 559,053 times
Today's Question(s):
I love trouble with Nick Nolte and Julia Roberts. Absolutely horrible!!!
Got stung near my eye. I remember it swelling up and having to go to school the next day.
Snuck myself into many bars prior to turning 21.
Foodie Question(s):
Corn. Plain fritos please.
Pass!

Old 09-08-2023, 11:19 AM

12,599 posts, read 2,994,243 times
Yes, Fritos are good enough to have with a sandwich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics