Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 08:56 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,079 posts, read 30,387,317 times

Advertisements

It's the first Thursday of September 2023! Let's celebrate with . . .

Today's Question(s):
What's the most boring movie you ever saw?

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know?

What's something/anything you snuck into or out of a place?

Foodie Question(s):
With a sandwich: potato chips or corn chips?

I saw fried frog legs on a Chinese buffet. I passed on them. Would you have?

Have a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2023, 09:19 PM

3,097 posts, read 2,002,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):

Anything mainstream. I only like foreign thrillers - Scandinavian noir mostly, clever Irish comedy, British cop series.

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know?

Never been stung, although I have patted a bee... little dude didn't like it, but I ran faster, that day.

Traveling cross country from Atlanta to Seattle in winter, in my 20s, I had to bring my kitty cages into hotels to leave them in the bathroom for the night.

Foodie Question(s):

Neither. I rarely eat sandwiches, stay away from chips cuz they're addictive & dislike corn chips.

Yes, but moreover, I dislike Chinese food, so you wouldn't find me at a buffet.

Have a good one.
You, as well.

Old 09-06-2023, 10:03 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Today's Question(s):
What's the most boring movie you ever saw? Lost Horizons. Some friends took us to the movie back in the 70's, it was 2 hours of torture.

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know? Got stung by some wasps 2 years ago on the neck and forehead. Ouch.

What's something/anything you snuck into or out of a place? Drive-in movies, when a teenager, into the car trunk.

Foodie Question(s):
With a sandwich: potato chips or corn chips? Tater chips with some sandwiches. Corn chips with tacos/Mexican.

I saw fried frog legs on a Chinese buffet. I passed on them. Would you have? No way.

Have a good one. u-2

Old 09-06-2023, 10:22 PM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times

Today's Question(s):

Can't remember. I usually make informed selection, so I pretty much know what to expect.

Sure. Spot was little swollen, tender and hurt a little. But all that got better after few hours.

Myself in and out at work, if l didn't wanted to be seen and bothered.

Foodie Question(s):

Never had that way. I don't eat sandwiches. When I get it that way, I don't eat the top bread. Kinda hard in the US, because the sandwiches are way too overstuffed.

Frog legs are delicious, but they must be prepared right.

Have a good one.

U2, bjh

Old 09-06-2023, 10:49 PM

21,541 posts, read 8,724,324 times
Today's Question(s):
"My Dinner With André," although as the movie went on I started to get into it and am not sorry that I stuck it out. Runner-up: "The English Patient."
That hasn't happened since I was a kid, so I don't have any stories.
I have smuggled snacks from home into movie theaters. Cheese sticks, apple slices, nuts or crackers. I love movie theater popcorn as much as anyone else, but it's really not that good for your health or your waistline.
Foodie Question(s):
I like both. Please don't make me choose! I guess it would depend on the sandwich.
I would probably pass. I had frog's legs years ago when my boss took me to lunch at a swanky French restaurant, but I wasn't that impressed and haven't wanted to have them since.

Thanks, bjh!

Old 09-06-2023, 10:49 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
i couldn’t make it through The Irishman

I was so surprised. I’d never been stung before. My hand bumped into a bee or wasp - I was walking and she was flying. Not long after, I felt a warm, deep, stinging pain - like a shot of lidocaine (not that I knew that then.) The area got red and swollen and kept up that hard stinging through lunch. It was really distracting.

You mean besides that one time I baked a file into a cake and took it to my boyfriend in prison?

Foodie Question(s):
Potato chips. Sometimes they’re good stuffed into the sandwich. ETA after reading Bay’s answer - corn chips with sloppy joes.

Hard pass

Thanks for the Qs!
Posting Guide

Old 09-07-2023, 12:08 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):
What's the most boring movie you ever saw? Can't think of anyhing, I make informed decisions.

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know? Oh yes, a couple of years ago. A bee snuck up in my sandal and stung underneath my toes. Quite painful, the healing part--itched like crazy for two weeks.

What's something/anything you snuck into or out of a place? You want me to incriminate myself?! No way!

Foodie Question(s):
With a sandwich: potato chips or corn chips? Potato chips

I saw fried frog legs on a Chinese buffet. I passed on them. Would you have? No thank you.

The week is rolling by...enjoy your Thursday!

Old 09-07-2023, 12:36 AM

12,250 posts, read 2,966,052 times
Today's Question(s):
Babette's Feast
I was stung when other kids were being noisy. So unfair. Lol.
I have snuck food into classrooms, jobs and movies.
Foodie Question(s):
Potato.
I would like to try them but not at a buffet.

Thank you, bjh!

Old 09-07-2023, 01:05 AM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
It's the first Thursday of September 2023! Let's celebrate with . . . Thanks for the questions

Today's Question(s):
What's the most boring movie you ever saw? Don't remember I fell asleep.

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know? When I was seven I put my hand into some branches. My mother had my hand in bowl of Burrough's Solution for a while My younger son got stung in July 1999 when he was almost two. I took him to pediatrician and his caregiver took him home. I had to go to Court.

What's something/anything you snuck into or out of a place? Dog got out without a leash

Foodie Question(s):
With a sandwich: potato chips or corn chips? Potato

I saw fried frog legs on a Chinese buffet. I passed on them. Would you have? I would have eaten them if they were cooked.

Old 09-07-2023, 02:13 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Today's Question(s):
Shakespeare in Love, Annie Hall and American Beauty - tie. Usually manage to avoid boring movies but these won Academy Awards. Saw all 3 after they won.

What do you remember about being stung by a bee, wasp or hornet, you or anyone you know? An after shot of that stuff prescribed by a doctor that you keep in your home if you have allergies. (Not me.) Just remembered name: epinephrine with an epi pen.

What's something/anything you snuck into or out of a place? Bagel with cream cheese into a movie theater (matinee). Fit in my pocketbook. I did buy a drink.

Foodie Question(s):
Potato chips

I saw fried frog legs on a Chinese buffet. I passed on them. Would you have? Definitely would have passed.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics