Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2023, 08:15 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,079 posts, read 30,387,317 times

Advertisements

Just an inch off . . . the lawn in . . .

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower?
- an electric lawn mower?
- an old manual push mower?
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours?
- a hired lawn service?
- a yard trimmer or edger?

Or, have you never mowed or kept a lawn or yard?

Have you ever re-used aluminum foil or sandwich bags or other disposable items (you tell us what)?

Foodie Question(s):
What are the best, most memorable or oddest food cravings or food combinations you've had or heard of?

Just to:
Should we change October to Octember?

Happy first Thursday of October 2023!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2023, 08:45 PM

21,541 posts, read 8,724,324 times

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower? No
- an electric lawn mower? Yes
- an old manual push mower? Yes
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours? No
- a hired lawn service? No
- a yard trimmer or edger? Yes

We don't have a lawn and the yard is very small, but I have used lawn mowers at my parents' houses.
Have you ever re-used aluminum foil or sandwich bags or other disposable items (you tell us what)?
Yes, I wash and either reuse or recycle plastic bags, and I also recycle aluminum foil.
Foodie Question(s):
What are the best, most memorable or oddest food cravings or food combinations you've had or heard of?
Peanut butter and pickles.
Just to:
OK, but then to be consistent we'd have to change the other months, too: Janember, Febrember, Marchember, Aprember, Mayember, Junember, Julember, Augember...

Thanks, bjh!

Old 10-04-2023, 08:46 PM

44,354 posts, read 20,059,784 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower? No, but they look fun!
- an electric lawn mower? Yes. I used a corded electric mower for about 25 years. Now I have a battery-powered mower and it's so nice not to be dragging a cord around with it.
- an old manual push mower? Yes. I used one of these when I was a kid and also the first couple of years that I was in my current house.
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours? I've used one of these but never owned one.
- a hired lawn service? Nope. I like doing my own yard work and can't justify paying someone else to do it at this point.
- a yard trimmer or edger? Yes. I have an electric one that I've been using for about 30 years.

Or, have you never mowed or kept a lawn or yard? I've been mowing lawns since I was a kid.

Have you ever re-used aluminum foil or sandwich bags or other disposable items (you tell us what)? I re-use all that sort of stuff if it hasn't been damaged from previous use.

Foodie Question(s):
What are the best, most memorable or oddest food cravings or food combinations you've had or heard of? Best: chocolate! Most memorable: the scallops I had at a restaurant this evening. They were amazingly delicious.

Just to:
Should we change October to Octember? Nopey.

Happy first Thursday of October 2023! Thanks a whole bunch, bjh!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-04-2023, 08:50 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,079 posts, read 30,387,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Just to:
OK, but then to be consistent we'd have to change the other months, too: Janember, Febrember, Marchember, Aprember, Mayember, Junember, Julember, Augember...

Thanks, bjh!
Ha, ha! probably should. The diff being Sept Oct Nov and Dec are all based on numbers 7, 8, 9, 10. The other months have different non-number origins. Maybe it has something to do with Latin grammar. Okay, scratch that question.

Old 10-04-2023, 11:23 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,794,345 times

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower?
- a hired lawn service?

THE ONE TIME I'VE Had a moment to post, my internet is out. I'll try to answer tomorrow which is actually today since it's already today.

Foodie Question(s):

Just to:

Old 10-05-2023, 04:35 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower? i wouldn’t say I used one but I’ve been on them and drove one once
- an electric lawn mower? This is so no that I didn’t realize they made electric ones.
- an old manual push mower? newp
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours? Uh uh
- a hired lawn service? My parents did but I’ve never had a real yard
- a yard trimmer or edger? Only sort of

Or, have you never mowed or kept a lawn or yard? This. We have a patch of green where we live now. The HOA takes care of everything but that. So stupid. Pretty sure their lawn guys just take care of that patch for us.

Sure. I’ll reuse tin foil that was over a bowl of something in the fridge and just put it over the next bowl. Baggies, yes. Plastic take out containers, paper grocery bags with handles - those babies last for ages, always keep a few glass jars around. I keep some cool packaging or clear wrappers for scrapbooking and mail art.

Foodie Question(s):
plenty but here are two old ones - raw green beans with peanut butter, and green grapes with wheat thins. Got that idea from the picture on the box. Even though it does taste good it’s a stupid looking combo to have on the box. My own recent combo…banana and nacho cheese Doritos.

Just to:
I do treat them as a set but am unwilling to go through a formal change.

Thank you for the super questions!
Posting Guide

Old 10-05-2023, 05:31 AM

9,722 posts, read 14,262,736 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower? Yes
- an electric lawn mower? Yes
- an old manual push mower? Yes
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours? Yes
- a hired lawn service? No. I've had a guy take care of my lawn for the best 7 years. He works for a landscaping company days, but takes care of my yard evenings or weekends. Nobody can hold a candle to his quality of work. He takes his time and push mows my front yard in "checkerboard" fashion. He also applies Weed/Feed, Nitrogen, and 2 days Green to my front yard. Last evening, he over-seeded. My lawn is beautiful!
- a yard trimmer or edger? Yes. During my 83 years, I've done it all!

Or, have you never mowed or kept a lawn or yard? Yes, when we had a 160 acre farm, my front yard contained 3 acres. I enjoyed tending to that.

Have you ever re-used aluminum foil or sandwich bags or other disposable items (you tell us what)? No, I never did that. All of those go in recycle, after one use.

Foodie Question(s):
Toasted Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches (Elvis Style). I love them!
Just to:
Should we change October to Octember? No. Why complicate things?
Thanks,BJH. Good Questions!

Last edited by rdlr; 10-05-2023 at 05:47 AM..

Old 10-05-2023, 05:52 AM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower?
- a hired lawn service? <<< this.

Not in Texas. We used to have a fruit/vegetable/flower garden back in my home country. I liked to do some work there.

l am very much into recycling everything. If is clean or easy to clean it will be reused. Ziplock bags, alu- foil, saran foil, food trays, twist-off jars, paper grocery bags, shipping boxes, wrapping paper and bows, unused paper scraps for notes, etc...

Foodie Question(s):

Oh, I do eat very odd food. Lately I was craving pan fried blood sausage. And pigtails - in Asian marinade or BBQ sauce - delicious!! (such a great source of collagen). Need to visit a butcher soon.

Just to:

We would probably get used to it very fast.

Thank you, bjh!! Happy Thursday

Old 10-05-2023, 06:26 AM

30,523 posts, read 16,217,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower? yes
- an electric lawn mower? no
- an old manual push mower? yes
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours? that too
- a hired lawn service? currently
- a yard trimmer or edger? yes

yes but I can't think of anything specific right now.

Foodie Question(s):
I go along with pickles and peanut butter.
Just to:
Maybe during daylight saving time. When the clocks change back the name of the month changes back.

thanks, bjh.

neatsy cool questions.

Old 10-05-2023, 07:02 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,481,324 times

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower?
- a hired lawn service?

Or, have you never mowed or kept a lawn or yard? No

Have you ever re-used aluminum foil or sandwich bags or other disposable items (you tell us what)? Yes, both.

Foodie Question(s):
What are the best, most memorable or oddest food cravings or food combinations you've had or heard of? Pickles on pizza. Not for me!

Just to:
Should we change October to Octember? No

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics