Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2023, 07:33 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times

Advertisements

Good morning, bjh, and thank you!

Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower? Yes,
- an electric lawn mower? Yes.
- an old manual push mower? Yes.
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours? See above but I've used this sort too.
- a hired lawn service? That's what I do now.
- a yard trimmer or edger? Yes.

Or, have you never mowed or kept a lawn or yard? Yes, I used to have a very large yard.

Have you ever re-used aluminum foil or sandwich bags or other disposable items (you tell us what)? All of the above but that's it, including reusable plastic cups.

What are the best, most memorable or oddest food cravings or food combinations you've had or heard of? I used to love peanut butter and mayo sandwiches. Haven't had one in many years though.

Should we change October to Octember? No, I love October (the name and the month).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2023, 07:46 AM

126,266 posts, read 19,034,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Just an inch off . . . the lawn in . . .

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower?
- an electric lawn mower?
- an old manual push mower?
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours? ........us d an old one lng ago
- a hired lawn service?
- a yard trimmer or edger?

Or, have you never mowed or kept a lawn or yard? .............See above

Have you ever re-used aluminum foil or sandwich bags or other disposable items (you tell us what)? .............Yes reused aluminum foil for cleaning, sandwich bags were reused if in good condition,old toothbrushes for cleaning places that are not easy to reach,dryer sheets

Foodie Question(s):
What are the best, most memorable or oddest food cravings or food combinations you've had or heard of? .............. As a child on rare occasions I enjoyed thick buttered Bauernbrot with sprinkled sugar and a house made dill pickle

Just to:
Should we change October to Octember? ............No,rather to Oktober

Happy first Thursday of October 2023!

Thank you bjh

Old 10-05-2023, 08:17 AM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower? Yup
- an electric lawn mower? Nope
- an old manual push mower? Yup
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours? Yup
- a hired lawn service?
- a yard trimmer or edger? Yup
On the hired lawn service, I didn't hire him but my back door neighbor cut an opening in the hedge between our yards a
couple years ago and has been mowing our yard. Won't accept any payment. Not complaining!
Or, have you never mowed or kept a lawn or yard?

Have you ever re-used aluminum foil or sandwich bags or other disposable items (you tell us what)? Sandwich bags. Knew a sweet little old lady who would put the plastic wrap off the meat she would buy in the dish water, clean it off and lay it out to dry to reuse.

Foodie Question(s):
What are the best, most memorable or oddest food cravings or food combinations you've had or heard of? A memorable combination is a recipe my wife found for peanut butter fudge. All you need is a jar of peanut butter and a tub of vanilla frosting.

Just to:
Should we change October to Octember? Like my neighbor used to say, whatever turns your crank! lol

Old 10-05-2023, 08:34 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,103,317 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower? Yes, I have one now, and have had it since about 2013.
- an electric lawn mower? Yes, back in the 1980s, but kept running over the extension cord.
- an old manual push mower? When I was a kid, that's all we had.
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours? Several of them over the years.
- a hired lawn service? Never
- a yard trimmer or edger? Yes, corded electric.

Or, have you never mowed or kept a lawn or yard? n/a

Have you ever re-used aluminum foil or sandwich bags or other disposable items (you tell us what)? I will refill and reuse bottled water bottles. I have a plastic fork and spoon in my office that I wash and re-use often.

Foodie Question(s):
What are the best, most memorable or oddest food cravings or food combinations you've had or heard of? Once or twice a year I get a craving for Bacalhau, (Salt Cod) Portuguese peasant style. Unfortunately I have not found it available anywhere here in the Seattle area so I have to order it online.

Just to:
Should we change October to Octember? Good idea.

Old 10-05-2023, 09:59 AM

24,450 posts, read 25,984,086 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower?
- an electric lawn mower?
- an old manual push mower?
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours?
- a hired lawn service?
- a yard trimmer or edger?

Have you ever re-used aluminum foil or sandwich bags or other disposable items (you tell us what)?
Alum foil, sandwich, paper and plastic bags, plastic dinner ware, take out plastic trays, card board boxes, paint brushes.

Foodie Question(s):
What are the best, most memorable or oddest food cravings or food combinations you've had or heard of?
A chocolate and avocado milkshake.

Just to:
Should we change October to Octember?
Just say NO to this Q.

Thanx bjh for the first Thursday of October Q's.

Old 10-05-2023, 11:40 AM

37,796 posts, read 40,994,120 times

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower?
No
- an electric lawn mower? No
- an old manual push mower? No
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours? No lawn mowing since I was a teen and my dad pushed it, not me.
- a hired lawn service? No
- a yard trimmer or edger? No

Or, have you never mowed or kept a lawn or yard? Oh shoot! Should have read this first.

Have you ever re-used aluminum foil or sandwich bags or other disposable items (you tell us what)? I reuse the zip lock bags I keep my memory cards in. They (the bags) are labeled with a Sharpie (new, used and already uploaded, Upload).

Foodie Question(s):
What are the best, most memorable or oddest food cravings or food combinations you've had or heard of?
I once went on a spinach kick. The only vegetable I wanted was spinach. Probably due to folic acid deficiency, something for which I was hospitalized. I also went on an orange juice kick and didn't drink anything else except orange juice (with pulp). Maybe I was Vitamin C deficient. I think if this ever happens again, I hope it's because I'm chocolate ice cream deficient. I'll yield to pregnant women when it comes to odd food cravings. They're the experts on this.

Just to:
The Hunt For Red Octember just doesn't have the same ring to it. Sounds like someone looking for their lost musical instrument. BUT, we could pronounce October the way I did for most of my NY life --- Octobuh.

Old 10-05-2023, 03:53 PM

7,332 posts, read 2,741,356 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower? Nope
- an electric lawn mower? Yep
- an old manual push mower? Yep
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours? And, also, yep
- a hired lawn service? Not until recently. Have a guy who lives down the street that does the work for me now at a very reasonable price.
- a yard trimmer or edger? Yep

Or, have you never mowed or kept a lawn or yard? Yes.

Have you ever re-used aluminum foil or sandwich bags or other disposable items (you tell us what)? I wash and reuse plastic bags regularly when they haven't been compromised. I also reuse other types of bags as well as foil.

Foodie Question(s):
I have to agree with rxgrrl about pickles on pizza. No thank you.

Just to:
Should we change October to Octember? Nah.

Thanks, bjh for the questions. Happy Thursday to all.

Old 10-05-2023, 05:33 PM

38,867 posts, read 22,854,503 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower? No
- an electric lawn mower? Yes
- an old manual push mower? Yes
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours?
- a hired lawn service? Yes
- a yard trimmer or edger? Yes

Or, have you never mowed or kept a lawn or yard? See above responses.
Have you ever re-used aluminum foil or sandwich bags or other disposable items (you tell us what)?
I've reused the plastic containers from certain restaurants used for taking home leftovers. They're usually really sturdy for many uses.

Foodie Question(s):
I could remember when I had the flu in junior high school, I was craving fish and chips and spaghetti.

Just to:
No, leave it as is.

Thanks! Same to you!

Old 10-05-2023, 07:26 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,790,619 times

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower? yes, I used to cut it myself.
- an electric lawn mower? nope
- an old manual push mower? nope never
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours? I've had one in the beginning but the yard is too big, bumpy and hilly even with self-propelled. I had to get a riding mower.
- a hired lawn service? That's what I have to do now.
- a yard trimmer or edger?just a weedwhacker, after one season of that mess I said "nope". When we were still able, my neighbor and I worked it out to where I cut his yard with my riding mower and he did all the trim work with his push mower for both yards. It worked well for a while, then life happened.

See above.

I don't re-use anything that has had food on it. I do repurpose things, lots of things. If I tear off too much tin foil, I will save the piece I didn't use, things like that. I'm on a tight budget.

Foodie Question(s):
I craved regular Doritos mostly when I was pregnant. I think pickles and ice cream is a disgusting combination, pregnant or not. Other than that, I can't really think of anything.

Just to:
Might as well!

Thanks bjh, I finally got my internet back after 2 days of being out.

Old 10-05-2023, 07:54 PM

1,845 posts, read 831,112 times
Have you ever used:
- a riding lawn mower? Yes, but not for cutting grass. Used one to get around an aunt's greyhound training grounds.
- an electric lawn mower? Not yet.
- an old manual push mower? Just for fun.
- or has it just been the typical walk-behind gasoline mower for you or yours? Yep, They 're always Junkers too.
- a hired lawn service? Never, love taking care of the yard.
- a yard trimmer or edger? Best part of yard work.

Have you ever re-used aluminum foil or sandwich bags or other disposable items (you tell us what)? Yes to all of them. To much waste already.

Foodie Question(s):
What are the best, most memorable or oddest food cravings or food combinations you've had or heard of? Remember my cousins making a turkey, Nutella, Coke, and whip cream sandwich on white bread for me when I was a kid. Wouldn't recommend it.

Just to:
Should we change October to Octember? No, October has a cold sound to it and there's nothing better then the cold season appearing in Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics