Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2023, 07:19 AM

61,834 posts, read 87,292,973 times

Advertisements

For Almrausch

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2023, 07:22 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,435,123 times
It has gotten very COLD in my part of the world, so today's topic will be COLD.

* Do you live in a cold weather state, or a warm weather one?

Warm, but it can get cold.

* If you do live in a cold weather state, do you 'snowbird' elsewhere for part of the winter?

* If yes, where do you go?

* When was the last time you bought a winter coat?

I don’t own coats. I don’t like them. Long sleeves, sweaters and hoodies are fine. If it’s cold enough outside to be wearing a winter coat then I’m not going to be out loitering in it. Going from car to indoor and vice versa is not enough reason for me to own one. I don’t visit cold places in the winter time, either.

* A funny Seinfeld episode involves George and his Gore-Tex coat. Have you ever had one of those?

Not sure what that is,

* Do you like any songs from the band COLDPLAY?

Yes.

* I got an oil delivery yesterday and a bill. Ouch! I will be calling the vendor today to discuss it. Have you ever been able to get a vendor to reduce a bill by disputing it?

Not really.

That's it for today. Stay warm.[/quote]

Old 11-29-2023, 07:30 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,031,769 times
Good morning, BeerGeek, and thank you!

* Do you live in a cold weather state, or a warm weather one? I live in a hot weather state, but it actually does get coldish here in the winter time. The saying is that we do have four seasons here (Texas): Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas.

* If you do live in a cold weather state, do you 'snowbird' elsewhere for part of the winter? N/A

* If yes, where do you go? N/A

* When was the last time you bought a winter coat? Oh, I guess about five years ago. In Ohio, visiting family.

* A funny Seinfeld episode involves George and his Gore-Tex coat. Have you ever had one of those? No.

* Do you like any songs from the band COLDPLAY? I guess. I mean, they don't kill me but they also don't really do much for me either.

* I got an oil delivery yesterday and a bill. Ouch! I will be calling the vendor today to discuss it. Have you ever been able to get a vendor to reduce a bill by disputing it? Yes. I called AT and T and told them that I was a very loyal customer but just didn't want to pay what they were asking, and they reduced my bill. I did the same with my internet provider.

Old 11-29-2023, 07:31 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,622 posts, read 81,316,164 times
Happy Wednesday, mid week, and all that.
First, some birthdays....https://www.onthisday.com/today/birthdays.php

* Do you live in a cold weather state, or a warm weather one? I would say neither, more of a "wet weather state." We have both warm and cold climates within Washington state, however. Here where I live, east of Seattle at 615' elevation, our winters are fairly mild with snow only 2-4 times a year, mostly 1-2" melting the next day. So far this year we have had 3 days at or below freezing (including this morning) with frost. In summer 85F is a normal maximum.

* If you do live in a cold weather state, do you 'snowbird' elsewhere for part of the winter? n/a

* If yes, where do you go? n/a

* When was the last time you bought a winter coat? About 1996, and only use it when I have to go out in snow, so 2-3 times a year. It's still like new.

* A funny Seinfeld episode involves George and his Gore-Tex coat. Have you ever had one of those? No

* Do you like any songs from the band COLDPLAY? No

* I got an oil delivery yesterday and a bill. Ouch! I will be calling the vendor today to discuss it. Have you ever been able to get a vendor to reduce a bill by disputing it? Yes, or even completely credited off. It takes some work, but may be worth it. The 2nd and 3rd years with Sirius XM I called and asked to cancel and both times got a big discount.

Old 11-29-2023, 08:04 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,024,379 times
Good morning. It's a wonderful sunrise today here, pink, gray and white.

* If you do live in a cold weather state, do you 'snowbird' elsewhere for part of the winter?

More than 10 years ago and I gave it to my mother a few years ago because it was perfectly new and she liked it.
* A funny Seinfeld episode involves George and his Gore-Tex coat. Have you ever had one of those?
No.
Clocks.
* I got an oil delivery yesterday and a bill. Ouch! I will be calling the vendor today to discuss it. Have you ever been able to get a vendor to reduce a bill by disputing it?
Only one time, for a huge medical bill. They reduced it by 55% and it was still terribly high for me. My parents had to help us to pay for it. Lucky me/us.
That's it for today. Stay warm.
Thanks. You too.

Old 11-29-2023, 09:56 AM

24,494 posts, read 26,038,861 times

It depends on what end of the state you live in. I'll go with warm, it was 42F this morning.

N/A

N/A

I have never bought a winter coat, but I have 4 in the closet that were gifts.

No

Yep, I have a yearly battle with our local news paper. Reduce the bill or I'm gone.

Thanx BeerGeek40

Old 11-29-2023, 10:18 AM

44,645 posts, read 61,677,004 times

* Do you live in a cold weather state, or a warm weather one? Northern 1/2 of the state is cold wintertime, southern 1/2 is warm.

* If you do live in a cold weather state, do you 'snowbird' elsewhere for part of the winter? n/a

* If yes, where do you go? n/a

* When was the last time you bought a winter coat? 60+ years.

No, that was an ugly coat.

* Do you like any songs from the band COLDPLAY? Not familiar with them.

* I got an oil delivery yesterday and a bill. Ouch! I will be calling the vendor today to discuss it. Have you ever been able to get a vendor to reduce a bill by disputing it? Never been in that situation.

That's it for today. Stay warm. It'll be 75F here today and 52F tonight according to the weatherman. I'm wearing a T-shirt right now. Brrr it's warm.

Old 11-29-2023, 11:49 AM

50,390 posts, read 64,073,157 times

* Do you live in a cold weather state, or a warm weather one? A warm weather state, but it still gets chilly in the winter. This morning it was 30 degrees and the banana trees got zapped.

* If you do live in a cold weather state, do you 'snowbird' elsewhere for part of the winter? When we did, we tried to take a tropical vacation in Feb.

* If yes, where do you go? The Caribbean or Mexico

* When was the last time you bought a winter coat? A couple of years ago, I bought a lightweight one. I usually can wear it a few times every winter.

* A funny Seinfeld episode involves George and his Gore-Tex coat. Have you ever had one of those? No

* Do you like any songs from the band COLDPLAY? Don’t know.

* I got an oil delivery yesterday and a bill. Ouch! I will be calling the vendor today to discuss it. Have you ever been able to get a vendor to reduce a bill by disputing it? Not that I recall.

That's it for today. Stay warm. You too!

Old 11-29-2023, 05:41 PM

14,787 posts, read 8,129,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

In Kentucky we have four seasons, so it is hot in the summer, cold in the winter.
No, I love cold and snow, its one of my favorite seasons of the year!
(It is summer time when it gets too hot and humid, that I am tempted to leave!)

Two years ago.
Not for sure what that is, I am not real familiar with that show.
I have heard the name, but not familiar with any of their music.
No, not that I can recall.
U2!
Thanks for the questions!

Old 11-29-2023, 05:46 PM

14,787 posts, read 8,129,079 times

Almrausch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics