Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2023, 06:01 PM

35,440 posts, read 17,340,557 times

Advertisements

Happy Wednesday, mid week, and all that. Thanks for the questions
First, some birthdays....https://www.onthisday.com/today/birthdays.php

It has gotten very COLD in my part of the world, so today's topic will be COLD.

* Do you live in a cold weather state, or a warm weather one? Four seasons in all their vigor

* If you do live in a cold weather state, do you 'snowbird' elsewhere for part of the winter? No

* If yes, where do you go? NA

* When was the last time you bought a winter coat? Five years ago, almost never wear it

* A funny Seinfeld episode involves George and his Gore-Tex coat. Have you ever had one of those? For running

* Do you like any songs from the band COLDPLAY?No, don't know any

* I got an oil delivery yesterday and a bill. Ouch! I will be calling the vendor today to discuss it. Have you ever been able to get a vendor to reduce a bill by disputing it? Quite often. Most businesses want to keep reliable, credit-worthy customers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2023, 06:14 PM

21,653 posts, read 8,808,886 times
Happy Wednesday, mid week, and all that.

* Do you live in a cold weather state, or a warm weather one?
It's a Mediterranean climate, which is generally warm and dry.
* If you do live in a cold weather state, do you 'snowbird' elsewhere for part of the winter?
N/A
* If yes, where do you go?
N/A
* When was the last time you bought a winter coat?
Not in this century. I have two wool blend coats (one short; one long) and a Columbia jacket, but I rarely wear them.
* A funny Seinfeld episode involves George and his Gore-Tex coat. Have you ever had one of those?
I believe the Columbia jacket is Gore-Tex.
* Do you like any songs from the band COLDPLAY?
Yes, though I can't name any.
* I got an oil delivery yesterday and a bill. Ouch! I will be calling the vendor today to discuss it. Have you ever been able to get a vendor to reduce a bill by disputing it?
No, I'm not very good at haggling.

Thanks, BeerGeek!

Old 11-29-2023, 07:49 PM

6,988 posts, read 5,001,067 times
It has been all week, but warm and wet weather starts tomorrow. My state is a medium weather state.

I have owned Gortex jackets because - skiing! Also Gortex footwear because - rain. I was at Nordstrom just yesterday looking at coats. I've bought some nice ones there over the years. This time I didn't see anything I liked under about 900 dollars and that was the sale prices. No thanks, it would have to make me look like a super model to be worth that! I don't actually need a coat, I am just looking for something very specific.

I do not snowbird.

Old 11-29-2023, 08:02 PM
bjh

60,325 posts, read 30,547,760 times
Okay
Mid way? More uncomfortable in summer than winter due to humidity.
* If you do live in a cold weather state, do you 'snowbird' elsewhere for part of the winter?
n/a
n/a
Few years ago.
* A funny Seinfeld episode involves George and his Gore-Tex coat. Have you ever had one of those?
Not a fan.
Don't know.
* I got an oil delivery yesterday and a bill. Ouch! I will be calling the vendor today to discuss it. Have you ever been able to get a vendor to reduce a bill by disputing it?
I disputed a repair bill last month and won.

That's it for today. Stay warm.
Ditto!

Old 11-29-2023, 08:52 PM

1,052 posts, read 573,040 times
Happy Wednesday, mid week, and all that.

CA. We certainly have to put up with a lot of crap to get our warm weather though. We wont be here much longer!!!!!

20+ years. My top shelf, light weight, ventilated, warm, Columbia ski jacket.
I know the episode. Never had a coat like that, even when I did live in a cold climate.
Dont panic. That's the only one. I could do without the rest.
I think so. Cant remember.
That's it for today. Stay warm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics