Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 07:27 AM

7,385 posts, read 5,499,296 times

Advertisements

Hello, folks. Hopefully everyone is warm and dry. Let's take a look at . . .

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can? Yes, all the time, I recently went shopping and bought myself a new sweater and jacket and some candy.

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night? No

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year? Just another day

Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have? Peanut butter and Pepsi.

Today's Dumb Joke:
Why didn't the chicken cross the road at the light?
It was a jay walker.

Today's Quote:
Problems always look smaller after a warm meal and a good night's sleep.

Well, there you have it.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2023, 08:23 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,687 posts, read 81,473,200 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can? Just last weekend my wife and I bought ourselves a new double over gas range for Christmas. We got it a little early to use it for the big dinner we will be hosting.

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night? Just last week (recliner) when I had a cold to avoid giving it to my wife, and be able to breath better.

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year? Really doesn't have any effect on me.

Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have? Peas, Peanuts, Pork, Pinto beans, and Pears. I would drink Pineapple juice.

Old 12-07-2023, 09:10 AM

30,618 posts, read 16,294,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can?

not really. If I want/need something I'll get it when it's available and I can afford it.

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night?

I've slept on both at one time or another but only naps.

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year?

just another day of another year.

Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have?

since it's only for a day, pizza, poultry and more pizza.

Today's Dumb Joke:
It was a jay walker.

Today's Quote:
and maybe a hug.

Well, there you have it.

thanks, bjh.

Old 12-07-2023, 09:52 AM

24,528 posts, read 26,076,264 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can?
A sleeping bag, campstove and lantern.

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night?
No, but I have slept on the floor ovrt night.

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year?
Meh

Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have?
For just a day? Gotta be the universal food PIZZA and Perrier Mineral Water.

Today's Dumb Joke:
It was a jay walker.

Today's Quote:

Well, there you have it.
Thanx bjh

And Don't Forget It's Pearl Harbor Day.

Old 12-07-2023, 10:33 AM

6,899 posts, read 4,917,939 times
If I only had to eat P food for one day - pizza or pad thai, and peas, plums or peaches. Not at the same time!

I buy myself presents whenever I want so xmas isn't anything special. It's more fun to buy gifts for others.

Old 12-07-2023, 11:56 AM

3,168 posts, read 1,039,370 times
Good morning.

For my birthday I got a very pretty silver ring with a green stone. Also an orange scarf with tiny red accents (OM signs). All these from an Indian boutique.
No. My sofas are not large enough. I have two but they are small, so we can lift them when we move. I hate giant furniture. One sofa is for my husband and one for me. Actually, they are all for the cat...that's what she thinks. The spoiled brat...
Just another day.
Foodie Question(s):
Pizza and peaches for breakfast; a different pizza and pomegranate for lunch and parmesan crusted potatoes for dinner. And some pear tart after dinner, a bit later. And a Pina Colada. And then I would dance for an hour to burn all these calories and finally I would hit the sack.

Thanks.

Old 12-07-2023, 12:42 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,158,240 times

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can? Sometimes I'll just take myself to a movie, or buy a nice meal out after I do well in Court, or just have a setback.

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night? Not in ages.

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year? Only that it screws up figuring what day of the week a date falls in between March 1 and December 31 after a leap year. Trick question; what fairly recent leap year did they add an extra second to?

Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have? Peanuts, pears, pasta

Today's Dumb Joke:
It was a jay walker. That's what I told a cop when my son, Jay, was one year old. The cop said "normally I'd cite for jaywalking but we'll make an exception.

Today's Quote:

Well, there you have it. and thanks for the questions.

Old 12-07-2023, 12:49 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,584,282 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can? I buy my annual fishing license at the end of February (my birth month) and call it my birthday present to me.

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night? Quite often. Been doing it more recently while my wife recovers from her hip replacement surgery 3 weeks ago

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year? Just another day

Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have? Pizza, pork chops, popsicles

Old 12-07-2023, 03:06 PM

21,585 posts, read 8,757,714 times

Today's Question(s):
Yes, I always do. That's because Mr. Bay doesn't shop anymore. I buy my own gifts and give them to him to wrap. Last year I gave myself a bottle of my favorite fragrance.
Yes, I've done that.
It doesn't make any difference to me.
Foodie Question(s):
Papaya
Peanuts
Pizza
Potatoes
Pinto Beans
Peas
Pork chops
Peaches
Prosecco

Today's Dumb Joke:
It was a jay walker.
Aargh!

Thanks, bjh!

Old 12-07-2023, 03:33 PM

31,341 posts, read 14,331,733 times

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever buy yourself a birthday, Christmas, or other day present, and if so, please give an example if you can? Nope

Have you ever just slept on your sofa or recliner instead of going to bed for the night? Every night!

Next year is a leap year. Do leap years or Feb. 29 mean anything to you or yours or just another day/year? Just another day.

[b][u]Foodie Question(s):
Except water, if you could only have foods and drinks beginning with the letter P for a day, what would you have? Peanuts and...Pear Juice

Today's Dumb Joke:
It was a jay walker.

Today's Quote:

Well, there you have it. [/quote]

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics