Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2023, 02:14 AM

30,534 posts, read 16,231,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
What three things come to mind when you think of the state of Delaware?
don't really think of that state at all. Sure has a funny shape tho'.

Have you spent any time this December driving around looking at Christmas lights?
no

Do you celebrate New Year's Eve/day? Do you make resolutions for the new year? Do you keep them?
no, no, and no.

Do you keep water by your bedside? Is it in a pitcher and glass like in the movies?
yup. In a plastic bottle so it won't break if I drop it.

Are you or have you ever been a smoker? Did you have a favorite brand? How old were you when you started smoking?
ages ago. I quit when they went up to 50cents/pack. Used to be 35cents.

Have you ever been in a building fire? Have you ever used a fire extinguisher? Have you ever pulled a fire alarm?
There was a fire in the nursing home I worked in. My day off-I was driving and saw the smoke. Turned on the radio and heard about it.

Had to use and extinguisher and pull an alrarm as part of a safety class.

Do you buy/use milk? Is it 1% , 2%, whole? Skim? Soy, Almond? Or other?
whole cows' milk. Raw occasionally.

If you are a tea drinker, what's your favorite kind? (I recommend Rooibos) Do you put lemon, sugar, or cream in it?
Not a tea drinker.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
thanks, E-Twist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2023, 06:17 AM

27,349 posts, read 27,402,913 times
I dont drive around looking at Xmas lights, most of the time Im at work anyway.
No celebration on New Year, I may be a party pooper but really its just another day. I do, though, pre date my next 10 checks with the new year though, so as not to forget.
Not a smoker. Yuk.
Milk, always. We get the real stuff, not the watered down low fat stuff.
Happy Sunday everyone, be safe out there.

Old 12-24-2023, 06:37 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
What three things come to mind when you think of the state of Delaware? Small, coastal, Biden.

Have you spent any time this December driving around looking at Christmas lights? Not purposely.

Do you celebrate New Year's Eve/day? Do you make resolutions for the new year? Do you keep them? Not really.

Do you keep water by your bedside? Is it in a pitcher and glass like in the movies? I don’t.

Are you or have you ever been a smoker? Did you have a favorite brand? How old were you when you started smoking? In jr high, behind the school. Cigarettes out of the gas station machine cost $.25. I smoked in my 20s but never very much…like a few cigarettes a day.

Have you ever been in a building fire? Have you ever used a fire extinguisher? Have you ever pulled a fire alarm? No, no and no.

Do you buy/use milk? Is it 1% , 2%, whole? Skim? Soy, Almond? Or other? Cow, 2%.

If you are a tea drinker, what's your favorite kind? (I recommend Rooibos) Do you put lemon, sugar, or cream in it? Im not much of a tea drinker, but I have regular Lipton with a bit of honey.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Old 12-24-2023, 06:43 AM

3,126 posts, read 1,015,751 times
Good morning.

I don't know anything about it.
Have you spent any time this December driving around looking at Christmas lights?
Yes, I did it a few times in the late afternoon. Some people go insane with this and I really love it!
Do you celebrate New Year's Eve/day?
Not anymore, I used to... in the past.
Do you make resolutions for the new year? Do you keep them?
Sometimes, yes, but not always.
Do you keep water by your bedside? Is it in a pitcher and glass like in the movies?
No.
Are you or have you ever been a smoker? Did you have a favorite brand? How old were you when you started smoking?
Yes, in the past for 5 years. I started around 18 to be cool, like my best friend. I was able to get rid of this habit but it took me some time, it was not easy.
Have you ever been in a building fire? Have you ever used a fire extinguisher? Have you ever pulled a fire alarm?
No for all the questions.
Kefir and milk but only goat milk/kefir.
If you are a tea drinker, what's your favorite kind? (I recommend Rooibos) Do you put lemon, sugar, or cream in it?
Herbal tea, Indian tea etc. I like organic mint tea, from my garden. Or rosemary tea, again from my garden. I don't know the brand for Indian tea, something Masala, Mixed Spices or so.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Thanks. Happy holidays.

Old 12-24-2023, 06:46 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,269,161 times
What three things come to mind when you think of the state of Delaware? I could name 20!
My home for 83 years
Low real estate taxes and real estate tax reductions for Senior Citizens (many retirees here from elsewhere)
No sales tax
Delaware is 96 miles long and 7 to 35 miles wide (at widest point)
Easy access to the East Coast Corridor
Fishing, crabbing, boating a big draw, due to our Peninsula location including the Delaware Bay and Atlantic Ocean
NASCAR Racing (Dover Downs) previously was popular in Dover, DE. They've taken down hundreds and hundreds of seats, due to sparce attendance, and the sport is declining.
Sadly, Dover Air Force Base is the site for bringing home our fallen Veterans.

Have you spent any time this December driving around looking at Christmas lights? Not on purpose. My job involves driving up and down the State.

Do you celebrate New Year's Eve/day? We have a family dinner with all the trimmings
Do you make resolutions for the new year?NoDo you keep them? N/A

Do you keep water by your bedside? YesIs it in a pitcher and glass like in the movies? No. I keep a bottle of water handy.

Are you or have you ever been a smoker? No, Never.Did you have a favorite brand? How old were you when you started smoking? N/A

Have you ever been in a building fire? NoHave you ever used a fire extinguisher? No Have you ever pulled a fire alarm? No

Do you buy/use milk? Is it 1% , 2%, whole? Skim? Soy, Almond? Or other? I use Almond Milk in my shakes. I stay away from whole, white milk...only because when I was a kid, I hand milked our stable full of 35 cows. I took the milk to my mother, and she had large stainless steel pots in the kitchen. She always brought the fresh, raw, milk to the boiling point, to pasturize it. Our farm was in Amish country, and the neighboring Amish taught my mother that process. We were never allowed to drink the milk without pasturizing it.

If you are a tea drinker, what's your favorite kind? (I recommend Rooibos) Do you put lemon, sugar, or cream in it? Nothing fancy for me. Just plain Lipton tea with lemon.

Thanks, E Twist. Sorry....I had to brag about Delaware!

Last edited by rdlr; 12-24-2023 at 07:54 AM..

Old 12-24-2023, 08:37 AM

1,372 posts, read 615,247 times

### First State, horseshoe crabs, no sales tax

### We drove thru out Main Street recently and it was beautiful, looked like we were somewhere in a small town in Europe.

Do you celebrate New Year's Eve/day?

### No place like home on NYE’s

Do you make resolutions for the new year?

###

Do you keep them?

### N/A

### Yes, a 16 oz Costco plastic bottle.

### On occasion in my younger days, to impress of course.

### No. Just an alarm going off. Nothing happened.

### Organic skim

### My favorites are oolong and rooibus, which I make my own mix of. It’s delicious. I simply add a bit of panela granulated sugar. Nothing else it’s flavorful enough for me.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

### You too, THX for the Q’s.

### A wonderful, safe and happy Holiday Season to all, let’s us delightfully (((giggle))) all the way.

Old 12-24-2023, 09:15 AM

7,370 posts, read 5,484,723 times
What three things come to mind when you think of the state of Delaware? East coast. Small state. First state.

Have you spent any time this December driving around looking at Christmas lights? Yes

Do you celebrate New Year's Eve/day? Do you make resolutions for the new year? Do you keep them? We will go out to dinner and have a few drinks on New Year’s Eve. I don’t make resolutions because I never keep them.

Do you keep water by your bedside? No. Is it in a pitcher and glass like in the movies?

Are you or have you ever been a smoker? Did you have a favorite brand? How old were you when you started smoking? I started smoking in high school. Smoked for around 25 years. Quit in 2002. I liked Marlboro Lights but sometimes tried other brands.

Have you ever been in a building fire? No. Have you ever used a fire extinguisher? Have you ever pulled a fire alarm?

Do you buy/use milk? Is it 1% , 2%, whole? Skim? Soy, Almond? Or other? I’ve been buying organic milk, whole or 2% because the expiration date is longer and I don’t use milk for much anymore, just cooking and baking. Regular milk expires too fast and I found myself throwing away full containers of milk sometimes.

If you are a tea drinker, what's your favorite kind? (I recommend Rooibos) Do you put lemon, sugar, or cream in it? I like any kind of tea, green in the morning, something else in the afternoon. I put one packet of Splenda in my tea. With certain teas I also add a splash of milk.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Thank you and Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

Old 12-24-2023, 09:39 AM

1,847 posts, read 834,132 times
What three things come to mind when you think of the state of Delaware? Coastal, quiet and Rhode Island for some reason.

Have you spent any time this December driving around looking at Christmas lights? Cycled one of the well know neighborhoods twice. Plan on driving around tonight.

Do you celebrate New Year's Eve/day? Do you make resolutions for the new year? Do you keep them? Barely, Use to stay up with the family until midnight and have a small party afterwards. Turned into a nice meal before midnight then bed right after midnight. At this point we might go and watch fireworks or might not either way most of use are working the next morning, so regular bedtime.

Do you keep water by your bedside? Is it in a pitcher and glass like in the movies? Nope

Are you or have you ever been a smoker? Did you have a favorite brand? How old were you when you started smoking? No smoky, didn't care for it.

Have you ever been in a building fire? Have you ever used a fire extinguisher? Have you ever pulled a fire alarm? Never been in a fire. Closest I've gotten was putting to many sticks in a candle when I was 6 or 7 and thinking that pouring soda on it would put out the fire. Made a large flame (up to the ceiling) for a second.

Do you buy/use milk? Is it 1% , 2%, whole? Skim? Soy, Almond? Or other? Mostly skim, but I'm fine with 1, 2 or whole.

If you are a tea drinker, what's your favorite kind? (I recommend Rooibos) Do you put lemon, sugar, or cream in it? Only tea I ever drink is Thompson's (Scottish soft water blend) with milk.

Old 12-24-2023, 10:22 AM

3,075 posts, read 1,683,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
What three things come to mind when you think of the state of Delaware? Nothing, really.

Have you spent any time this December driving around looking at Christmas lights? Yes, lots.

Do you celebrate New Year's Eve/day? Do you make resolutions for the new year? Do you keep them? We have dinner at home and just relax. I don't do resolutions anymore. I think I kept only two of them.

Do you keep water by your bedside? Is it in a pitcher and glass like in the movies? No, but if I did it would be bottled water.

Are you or have you ever been a smoker? Did you have a favorite brand? How old were you when you started smoking? I smoked Marlboro Lights for a few years back in the 70's. I quit cold turkey and never went back.

Have you ever been in a building fire? Have you ever used a fire extinguisher? Have you ever pulled a fire alarm? Nope to all three.

If you are a tea drinker, what's your favorite kind? (I recommend Rooibos) Do you put lemon, sugar, or cream in it? Occasionally, and it's usually Lipton's. Also love a cinnamon tear that I buy from Target - can't think of the name of it. I use only sugar, sometimes a little milk.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!

Old 12-24-2023, 10:32 AM

24,475 posts, read 26,012,991 times
Rdlr, close to PA and NJ.

Just what is on our street.

Do you celebrate New Year's Eve/day? Do you make resolutions for the new year? Do you keep them?
No and No.

Yes, a 20 OZ bottle.

Yes, Pall Mall and Marlboro 100 Lights. Started, 15 or 16.

Only a fire extingusher in a safety class.

2%

Not a tea drinker.
Thanx E-Twist. Happy Holidays QOTDers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics