Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 08:35 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,026,630 times

Advertisements

While I'm sure I'm a contender for the procrastination relay, I'm a shoo in for the gold in the 20 minute Realtor relay cleanup! (You folks crack me up!)

My main event for the CD Olympics, and I'm thinking I'm going to be a contender on this one: The Burma Shave ad for <insert your home city / state forum here>.

Judging is based on a complicated formula known only to Men's USA gymnastics and pre - 2006 Olympics figure skating and will require a combined score based on originality, faithfulness to thread topic, Burma Shave poem standards, and funniness, with a multiply factor based on thread topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 08:48 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,873,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
[b]Todays Question :

In our very own CD Olympics, where you can "make up" your own event

What would your Olympic specialty be ?

Would you be bringing home a medal in possibly

Marathon Donut Muncher

or maybe your the gold medal contender for

Gold Medal Cartwheeler

The opportunities are endless !!!!
How about the beer drinking contest? Oh wait, I forgot, that usually goes on with the spectators!

I'm one of those who doesn't give a rat's patoot about the Olympics, but NFL pre-season is here! I'll watch NFL football over the Olympics anyday.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:53 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,117,748 times
Ok Mike, so your Olympic Event can be the Beer Chuggin' Football (and cheerleader) Watchin All Day Relay.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:56 AM

367 posts, read 696,059 times
Mine would be "Watching women without getting caught". Of course there are criteria to this.........

1) If an attractive woman passes by, you look up and down and don't get a second look, there is one point.

2) Undressing with the eyes without getting caught is another point.

3) If there is a DOT (Dork in tow aka boyfriend/husband) an extra point is awarded.

4) Now, if there is a DOT and a WOT (Wife in tow) and you don't get caught, that is a three pointer.

5) If you get caught and get a phone number, you win the gold.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times
this is turning out to become one of my favorite thread ever
what creative folks we have !!!!!!

fear not mike we may come up with a thread honoring the NFL season

Old 08-05-2008, 09:01 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
I would be the gold medal winner in drinking coffee.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:20 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
Question .

I told Mrs. AksarbeN about your “make up” Olympic event idea and she misunderstood me.

She thought that it was how long she could stay in the bathroom getting ready for the day and putting on “make up”. So far she’s got the endurance thing down because I’ve never seen her holding up in that room this long without yelling for me to bring her another cup of coffee. If the “make up” event was to be official ~ I don’t know if it should be the shortest time or the longest time. Short has some advantages in events like this but longer times show just how much endurance a woman can have within a small area of a house. So I don’t know how you should get points for timing yet? I need help working that out.

If there were more then just one woman in a household could there be a tag team event? How long can women “make up” in these small rooms, and tag teams could put this into an event much too long for being televised.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:24 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Karla, you and pocono have a winner here! What imaginations we have. Just think - if we put this to good use, there would be world peace.

Anyway....I have 2 events.

Klutziness. Today I poured 1/4 cup of still steaming coffee down some young girl's back at panera bread. It happened while I was diving into the garbage can where I had just tossed a real fork into it. I had the tray w/the coffee in my right ahnd, and as I reached into the garbage, the coffee went all over her.

Holding down the sofa.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:26 AM

72,421 posts, read 18,205,480 times
Love to watch the Olympics! I heard so much about the opening ceremony in Chinese,we gotta watch it.
Here is L.A. there are 9Chinese TV Stations,all cable of course. Starts from Chanel 280-289.So it should be fun to watch it.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:28 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
Smile ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I would be the gold medal winner in drinking coffee.
The challenge is on NCN,,,, how much coffee can you drink? I get into iced-coffee for the afternoon when I’ve made the second pot. My coffee drinking is only interrupted by the empty cup or glass, otherwise I’d continue sipping during the day and evening. I’ve even considered how to rearrange things on the nightstand beside the bed so I could have a coffee pot there within arms reach at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics