Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 10:05 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,357,250 times

Advertisements

I would be a gold metal winner with anything to do with Cheese. New ways to cook with it, new disserts, new sandwiches, and new ways to hide it so other mice won’t find my stash. Hands down I am a cheese gold metal winner. I think it is better than ice cream, and would rather have cheese with whip cream than almost any other food. I can’t think of a day in months I have not treated myself to at least one slice. When my wife was gone for two weeks I lived on Cheese sandwiches, cheese omelets, Sausage and cheese snacks, and yes I went and bought a big container of Cool Whip to mix with my cubed cheese for desert. I ate like a “King Among the Rats”.

I could also win a metal for short cuts. I will take different roads to often visited locations and time them as well as check the mileage. When alone this is never a problem, but when Mrs. Cncracer is with me I will first get a funny look as I whip the little red sport car down a dirt road, dodging pot holes and fighting the dust which seems determined not to let me pass this way. Than I get the "Where in the h____ are you going". I feel just like that Mrs. Todd character in Stevens King’s short story “Mrs. Todd's Short Cuts”. It is always a great adventure, but if I had to go up against Mrs. Todd I am afraid I would only bring home a silver metal. On second thought I think she may still be in a different time dimension and I might not have to slip in and out of time warps. I might get gold there too unless Mrs. Cncracer is a judge.

Last edited by cncracer; 08-05-2008 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 10:14 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,675,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Procrastination Relay

This is a team event.....the participants have to keep finding acceptable excuses to putting off doing a task that they all know needs to be done......such as mowing the lawn the first sunny week end in three weeks, or emptying the cats litter box. The opposing team has the same task.....the judges can disqualify based on "repetition" or "not acceptable no matter the circumstances".

That was tried in the 1980 Olympics. It was canceled when nobody showed up for the start of the event for 2 days.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:39 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,260 times
Wow what an incredible bunch of olypians we have here!!!!

pocono...I must agree about the trophy for karla!!!
charley...I loved your answer!!! Too funny!!!
elston...you have quite an assortment of competitions that I could fair very well in...particularly the quick clean up relay and the food competition...create a dish.
SR and miss martha....I would definitely place well in the multi tasking / juggling / hit the floor running competitions.
NMS...holding down the sofa...LOL!!! I probably wouldn't do very good there but it would be a fun competition!!! BTW...the klutz crown is now yours again!!!
Lacey...I could give you a run for your money on the closet organizing competition.

If there are competitions for list making, knowing where everything is (including but not limited to a missing sock, a particular toy, hubbies military stuff, a lost hairband, all bills and papers of importance...etc), and ice tea drinking I will probably recieve a gold for them.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!

Old 08-05-2008, 10:41 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
Gold medal in the shopping marathon!!

Old 08-05-2008, 10:43 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,981 times

Old 08-05-2008, 11:21 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,005,392 times
As of this moment I believe I would be a contender for the gold medal in the event:

"Getting to the bathroom on crutches while avoiding 3 cats on catnip and 2 dogs who want to go outside!"

The object is to get around the furniture and down the hall to the bathroom without hitting or stepping on 5 animals running wild and without falling over.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:31 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
Organizing would be my event. I'm obsessed.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:32 AM

367 posts, read 695,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
As of this moment I believe I would be a contender for the gold medal in the event:

"Getting to the bathroom on crutches while avoiding 3 cats on catnip and 2 dogs who want to go outside!"

The object is to get around the furniture and down the hall to the bathroom without hitting or stepping on 5 animals running wild and without falling over.
Oh, you see for me that would be the "Stay alive while moving" event. Try dodging about 200 boxes, an insane cat, the bird who wants out of his cage and the brain going "Where am I going to put the darn bookcases?????"

I win the gold in this event........Ok, back to un-packing as I have now been a Florida resident for oh.........27 hours.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:33 AM

367 posts, read 695,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Organizing would be my event. I'm obsessed.
Ya wanna organize my apartment?

Old 08-05-2008, 11:34 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,149,792 times
Well since there is an drinking coffee competition, I think I have a good chance in the drinking Mountain Dew competition, especially the strawberry kind they came out with this summer. I did good enough at the trials to qualify, but I'm worried about my competition from other countries. I have suspected some illegal doping going on, but with pride, I can say that I am a clean competitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics