Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 06:11 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Thursday
Well in case you were wondering if it was still cold here in NEFL
omg lol there was a thick covering of frost on the cars,roofs and grass when I went out this morning ( I posted a picture over on the daily exercise thread)
It was pretty how "sparkly" everything looked,then I came back in and turned up the heat

So I guess I must of been off in some kind of zone I realized this morning that Thanksgiving is next week lol I don't know why I thought it was a few weeks away. hmm wonder what else I have forgotten

If it is cold down here in NEFL it must be freezing up north so lets have a

Today's Warm & Fuzzy Question:

What was nice surprise thing someone did for you ?

Extra Credit Warm & Fuzzy Question:

What was a nice surprise thing you did for someone else?

Bonus Question:

How many pairs of mittens or gloves do you have in your house?

OK now that we are all warm & fuzzy

Today's Answer What do you think the question is ?:

Nice

(Hint it has nothing to do with the W & F questions)

Today in History:
November 20 , 1866 - The rotary-crank bicycle was patented by Pierre Lallement in Paris, France. The bike, was first known as the bone shaker.
November 20, 1947 "Meet the Press" makes network TV debut on NBC
November 20 , 1984 - “You deserve a break today...” 35 years and 11 months after the very first McDonald’s hamburger was sold, the 50 billionth burger was made by Edward Rensi, president of Mickey D’s.
November 20, 1985 - Microsoft Windows 1.0 is released.

Word of the Day:
logrolling
(LOG-ro-ling) noun
1. The exchanging of political favors
2. The exchanging of favors or praise,among artists, critics, or academics.
3. A game of skill, especially among lumberjacks, in which two
competitors balance on a floating log while spinning it with their feet.

Today is:
National Peanut Butter Fudge Day
and
Noveau Beaujolais Day
it is also
Name your PC Day - lol I am not even gonna ask !!
and
National Traffic Light Day
and our own
National CD Moderator Appreciation Day !!!!!

Last edited by FLPL75; 11-20-2008 at 06:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 06:17 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
November 20 , 1984 - “You deserve a break today...” 35 years and 11 months after the very first McDonald’s hamburger was sold, the 50 billionth burger was made by Edward Rensi, president of Mickey D’s.

A perfectly appropriate celebration would be to have dinner at McDonald's tonight, and I will. Tonight is "McTeacher Night" at our local McDonald's. The teachers at our middle school, including my wife, will be cooking and serving for three hours tonight and a percentage of the proceeds go to the middle school. Nothing better than having McDonald's and raising money for a good cause at the same time.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:28 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
lol I realized something else I had forgotten , with all the stuff going on around here I forgot to answer my own ?'s the past 2 days
So I am going to go do that before I answer todays ?

Old 11-20-2008, 06:32 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,609,504 times
What was nice surprise thing someone did for you ?That would be Northern Maine Land Man meeting up with me on my quick trip up to Maine to help me move my things out of storage and put them in my camp. He did the lions share of the work. He still has my heaviest item in his shed.

What was a nice surprise thing you did for someone else? Paid a very large phone bill for a family stricken with poverty (worse then me) so they could have phone service again

How many pairs of mittens or gloves do you have in your house? One pair of gloves.

Today's Answer: Nice. What is Northern Maine Land Man?

Last edited by AliceT; 11-20-2008 at 07:07 AM..

Old 11-20-2008, 06:50 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
I have a couple neighbors I kind of look after, as they are only on social security and are just barely staying afloat like a lot of people are. I take them out to breakfast when I can whenever I scrape up a few extra bucks and to get them out of the house. And speaking of McDonalds , that's where they like to go as one of their grandchildren worksthere, right down the street from where I live.

A tip of the hat to Charley, that's a COOL thing you're and the Mrs. are doing!

National peanut butter fudge day? Hmmm! Let me see, uh, hmm, oh yea, I know what to say about that-YUMMMSSSS!!!!!!

Almost forgot- I have 3 pairs of gloves; one for working on my three clunkers, one for lawn work, and one pair for shoveling snow, my favorite pastime- not!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-20-2008 at 08:08 AM..

Old 11-20-2008, 06:51 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times

What was nice surprise thing someone did for you ? I fought with allergies alot a couple years ago and missed a lot of work...I was fully expecting to come back to an over-flowing in basket....my co-workers had banded together and did my work for me.

What was a nice surprise thing you did for someone else? After Hurricane Charley, we cleaned off my neighbor's driveway(BIG hunk of tree) before she got home.
Bonus Question:

How many pairs of mittens or gloves do you have in your house? 5 pairs of gloves! I know it's weird for Orlando but the hands get cold on the motocycle.

What are 95% of the CD posters!
Nice

(Hint it has nothing to do with the W & F questions)

Today in History:
November 20, 1947 "Meet the Press" makes network TV debut on NBC And my naptime increased!
November 20 , 1984 - “You deserve a break today...” 35 years and 11 months after the very first McDonald’s hamburger was sold, the 50 billionth burger was made by Edward Rensi, president of Mickey D’s. I worked for McDonald's for three years...they give alot back to the community!

Vacation starts at 2:30!!!!!!!!!!
Vacation starts at 2:30!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2008, 06:52 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times

Bonus Question:

Nice

Its always a pleasant surprise when one of the grandkids makes something in school and brings me their work. I keep everything.

Last surprise thing I did for someone was send my son a case of Yoo-Hoo when he was in Iraq. Thats his favourite drink.
Mittens/gloves? I have a few pairs, one thats for work. But everyone here have at least one pair.
Nice. The other part is: Some hot cocoa and a wood borning stove right now would be....

1,821 posts, read 5,149,792 times
Well my brother in-law and his future wife just got a gift certifcate to Applebee's for helping them out. They really didn't need to because we're family.

I got my wife flowers yesterday. (I didn't do anything wrong..............I was just getting brownie points for the future)

I have a pair of gloves in my good winter coat and my other winter coat.

Is Santa going to say you are naughty or nice this year?
Nice (but I might have been naughty)

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
A tip of the hat to Charley, that's a COOL thing you're and the Mrs. are doing!
Thanks. That's very nice.

2,449 posts, read 5,950,738 times
I've always dreamed of having a nice log cabin by a lake somewhere. I think I might still enjoy that, but it seems farther away every day. But, I used to buy a lot of log cabin magazines for floor plan designs, and ideas and inspirations for what I'd want. I would bend the pages for the things I wanted from that page. Also, there were articles I could educate myself on if I was to become a log cabin owner (wood protectors, chinking, etc.) After a while, I had a fairly large stack in the closet. I think it was for my birthday, but one day, my ex-wife (while we were still married) and kids went through all the magazines and cut out the pictures of the things I wanted. They then arranged them in a photo album, effectively creating something I could pretty much just hand a general contractor and show what I wanted. It was great!

My current wife always wanted crystal (Zwarovski), but it was always out of financial reach for her. After we got married, I started a tradition of buying the yearly special Zwarovski Christmas ornament. Since then, I had bought pieces here and there when we had a little extra. One Christmas, since she really didn't have anywhere to display them, I bought and assembled a nice display cabinet for her. (This is a big deal from a guy whose only calluses come from the gym, I'm NOT a handyman as much as I'd like to be!!). I hid the pieces (top part, bottom part, light, etc.) in the kids closets so she wouldn't see them. I assembled it early Christmas morning. I then bought hangars and mirrors from a local craft shop, then arranged all her crystal in the display cabinet. So, when she woke up, it was all there and lit up. The best thing ever was that she liked it so much she cried. That's all I could ask for!!

None.

Nice

What everyone should be to you today because it's National CD Moderator Appreciation Day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics