Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:00 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times

Advertisements

Question: What is the one word Southern ladies use when they really don't like something but they don't want to be rude.
Answer: Nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 07:52 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,900,628 times
I’m sorry but I can’t “think” of an answer for what nice thing others did for me yet. I need more coffee and another 30 minutes before the brain is functioning on both cylinders. I do know that there’s always something nice happening each day for me but I just can’t think of the best one to throw out here this morning.

The only gloves around here are “work" gloves. I try not to wear them out.

It’s “nice” that everyday we’re getting closer to Jan 20th.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:05 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,879,372 times
[Warm & Fuzzy Question:

What was nice surprise thing someone did for you ? A surprise, mmmmm... I don't know, but then again, if I knew that, it wouldn't be a surprise!

I don't get too many surprises, other than notifications in the mail from companies telling me they're going to raise their rates.. LOL

Extra Credit Warm & Fuzzy Question:

What was a nice surprise thing you did for someone else? Hmmm... do you really wanna know? - Just kidding. Actually it was birthday presents.

Bonus Question:

How many pairs of mittens or gloves do you have in your house? I live in Phoenix, so needing a a pair of mittens is like needing a sweater and a heavy jacket here in the middle of July! I do have one pair of gloves that I use for yard work and that's it.

OK now that we are all warm & fuzzy

Today's Answer What do you think the question is ?:

Nice Hmmm... What do you think of this? And no, I wasn't at Hooters or Victoria's Secret! LOL - Actually that was my response to the question the guy who works at Sportsman's Warehouse asked me, when I bought my Ruger P94, .40 caliber semi-auto pistol almost 2 weeks ago.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:13 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,278,614 times
Nice surprise??

Well, my husband surprised me on our 20th anniversary by playing a special song ("When I Fall in Love It Will be Forever") on his viola in church and our son (10 at the time) brought me some beautiful pink roses while Dad was playing the viola.

Nice surprise I did?:

Well, I planned a 50th birthday party for my husband once at our house for his 45th birthday and once at a favorite restaurant on his 50th.

# of gloves/mittens? I'd say 3 or 4 pair. Black ones, red ones, aqua ones...

Nice?

What is Karla like?

What is a day off from work?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:14 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,679,096 times
Today's Warm & Fuzzy Question:

What was nice surprise thing someone did for you ?

While I was recovering from heart surgery, last summer, my neighbors kept my grass cut.

What was a nice surprise thing you did for someone else?

I like to look around in restaurants, find a couple who look like like they are old enough to be retired and living on a fixed income and anonymously pick up their check.
Bonus Question:

How many pairs of mittens or gloves do you have in your house?

Mrs Dude's needs gloves for all occasions and in all colors. I need a work pair and good pair. We must have 25 or more.

OK now that we are all warm & fuzzy

Today's Answer What do you think the question is ?:

Nice

Where did you take your vacation in France?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:19 AM

41,991 posts, read 75,262,058 times
Quote:
National Traffic Light Day
Does that mean we get to ignore them, or do we have to obey them?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:21 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,876,209 times
Today's Warm & Fuzzy Question:

Not for me directly, but yesterday when I went to pick up one of my kindergarten aged sons, he came out of the class with a new set of heavy knit mittens. His teacher told me her Grandmother had made a set of each of the kids in her class. That was cool.

a few things here and there.

Bonus Question:

With 4 kids and 2 adults in snow country, we literally have dozens of pairs of mittens and gloves. Plus a ton of stocking hats and other types of head gear for cold weather.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:56 AM

48,167 posts, read 22,022,438 times

Arranged a birthday party and invited my family over for a buffet luncheon

Just this morning, we had some workmen (utilities) doing some work out in the yard....It was really cold here.....I made hot coffee and took them out a thermos pot and cups; they really appreciated it.

Not enough......I think we have 3 pair between us....if that.

And the question is, "Ho Ho Ho! Have you been naughty or nice?

Nice

Old 11-20-2008, 09:59 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,876,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post

Just this morning, we had some workmen (utilities) doing some work out in the yard....It was really cold here.....I made hot coffee and took them out a thermos pot and cups; they really appreciated it.
As someone who has been on the receiving end of a hot drink during the winter on a job site, That was VERY nice of you!

Old 11-20-2008, 10:13 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,613,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
What was nice surprise thing someone did for you ? A surprise, mmmmm... I don't know, but then again, if I knew that, it wouldn't be a surprise!
Go to your room!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics