Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 09:11 AM

23,038 posts, read 34,481,567 times

Advertisements

I was the "perfect" teen, maybe it was because of the time and place I grew up in. I loved to read Superman and Archie comic books, haven't read on in years.
I loved Jaws and all the Jaws movies, didn't keep me out of the water. I HATE spicy food of any kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 10:05 AM

2,409 posts, read 6,016,408 times
Today's Question(s)

In honor of National Good Teen Day tell us

Were you a "Good Teen"
or
Did you give your parents more than a few "gray hairs"

For the most part I was a good teen. I did have a couple of "stupid" moments. Those of course were HUGE so I got all my "bad" out with just a couple of things.

Extra Credit Question:

After reading the book or seeing the movie Jaws, how many of you "stayed out of the water" ?

Not me, I swear I'm part fish, I love being in the water.

Just For Fun Questions :

Spicy food yay or nay
nay

Old 01-16-2009, 11:00 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,317,189 times
Good teen?

I wasn't perfect, but for the most part, yes, I was a good teen.

Comic Books?
My favorite one was Millie the Model. Also, liked Archie and a few others.
Haven't read one since I was about 8 probably! My son read some Spiderman and action heroes ones.

Jaws?
Saw it but never had opportunity to swim in the ocean anyway!

Spicy Food?
Definite yay! Not so spicy or hot that you practically can't eat it!
but definitely like spicy! Favorite? Like pretty much all Mexican food.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:16 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,624,177 times

Today's Question(s)

Were you a "Good Teen"
or
Did you give your parents more than a few "gray hairs" I tried to be, but drove my parents nuts. Dad was white headed before I was born so that was someone elses fault!!

Bonus Question:

What were your favorite comic books growing up ?I read hundreds of them. My cousin worked in a comic book factory. For the life of me I can't remember what any of them were.

When was the last time you read a comic book ? About 40 years ago.

Extra Credit Question:

After reading the book or seeing the movie Jaws, how many of you "stayed out of the water" ? Not me, critters with teeth always caught my attention as a possible pet. I swear dads white hair was not my fault!! But In 1968 I was the only child in the neighborhood who got a six foot black snake rather than the typical bunny or chicks for easter.

Just For Fun Questions :

Spicy food yay or nay Spicy. but not too spicy

Favorite Spicy Food ? Chili

Old 01-16-2009, 11:31 AM

607 posts, read 1,337,159 times
Hello Karla and friends!
Karla, I do enjoy all your questions, even if I don't answer them all. You do seem to have something for everyone! ALso thanks for the history tidbits- those are so interesting! Thanks for doing this for us every day!

Were you a "Good Teen"
or
Did you give your parents more than a few "gray hairs" My folks thought I was a 'good teen'! Little did they know. I was the smart one who never got caught, unlike my sibs!

Bonus Question:

What were your favorite comic books growing up ? My sis and I were into the graphic novels Elfquest. I was already grown, must admit!

When was the last time you read a comic book ? Last winter, I think. The library has a good collection of graphic novels now. I'm not into manga, though my niece is.

Extra Credit Question:

After reading the book or seeing the movie Jaws, how many of you "stayed out of the water" ? It didn't effect me like that, but did scare the heck out of me! It was my first 'scary movie'. My grandma took us! Hehehe.

Just For Fun Questions :

Spicy food yay or nay Yay!!!

Favorite Spicy Food ?
I also like most of them, of all cuisines I've tried: Thai, Indian, Mexican...

I like Fig Newtons, too!

Old 01-16-2009, 11:52 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,587,583 times
Today's Question(s)

Were you a "Good Teen"
or
I was a good teen because I started working (babysitting) at 12 years old until I was old enough to get a work permit (16)..I was good because work was a necessity just to stay in school...

When was the last time you read a comic book ?
Proably over 50 years ago

Extra Credit Question:

After reading the book or seeing the movie Jaws, how many of you "stayed out of the water" ?
I love the water and no ole shark movie ever scared me away

Old 01-16-2009, 11:58 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,717,153 times
Today's Question(s)

Were you a "Good Teen" I was a better teen than I am an adult.
or
Did you give your parents more than a few "gray hairs" My parents already had gray hairs from the siblings that had gone before. My mother turned gray when my brother was in Korea.

Bonus Question:

What were your favorite comic books growing up ? Betty and Veronica.

When was the last time you read a comic book ? I last looked at a comic style book when I was still working. It was a new reading form to encourage teens to read.

Extra Credit Question:

I don't really get into the water far enough for the movie to matter to me.

Just For Fun Questions :

Spicy food yay or nay: Sometimes

Favorite Spicy Food ? 7 day pickles

Karla, it is your idea, so whatever you choose. I just enjoy visiting. We can choose not to answer when we don't want to and sometimes I skip questions. I notice others do to. Keep up the good work and one question would be enough if you want to go that way, but please don't ask what I have planned for the day. Usually nothing, but I am very creative. I can think something up to do, but if you ask my plans, I will have to be honest and say, "I have no plans." Maybe some people are busy doing taxes or maybe they have a new year's resolution not to be on the computer so much.

Karla, I worked in a one person library. I started in June and the circulation just soared and went down when school started because the local schools had their own libraries. Then December came and I was one of the loneliest people in town. I thought I must have done something to offend someone. Not! They were just shopping and not reading. January came and they were back. People are on their own schedules and may be just trying to keep warm or they may be playing in the snow. They'll be back when their schedule changes.

Last edited by NCN; 01-16-2009 at 12:16 PM..

Old 01-16-2009, 12:00 PM

1,047 posts, read 2,791,658 times
Whatever you decide to do is fine with me. You can ask and if we don't want to answer we have that choice! I don't know how you think up stuff every day.

Were you a "Good Teen" I have been hearing some wild stories lately about parenting or Grandparenting teens, I laughed when I read "Good Teen" - is that possible? Maybe I am thinking perfect according to parent.
or
Did you give your parents more than a few "gray hairs" Well they never had a heart attack! One of my friends just had a heart attack dealing with his daughter slipping out at night!

What were your favorite comic books growing up ? Archie and Friends

When was the last time you read a comic book ? My Grandson received a few comic books for Christmas.

After reading the book or seeing the movie Jaws, how many of you "stayed out of the water" ? Not me. I lived to surf in those days.

Spicy food yay or nay nay

Favorite Spicy Food ? A Thai friends cooking.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:12 PM

24,620 posts, read 26,183,663 times
Were you a "Good Teen"
or
Probably more than a few, I guess you could say I was middle good/bad.

Bonus Question:

What were your favorite comic books growing up ?
Superman, Batman, Captain Marvel

When was the last time you read a comic book ?
Again, a loooong time ago.

Extra Credit Question:

Not I.

Just For Fun Questions :

Spicy food yay or nay
Yay

Favorite Spicy Food ?
Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Indian and Thai.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:26 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,395,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Oh sure, I was a very good teen... and it's hot enough in the north pole right now to go swimming..
LOL, Mike! Actually, you're not too far off. It is 101 degrees warmer today than this time last Friday! In my little corner of Alaska, that is. There are LOTS of puddles floating on top of the ice--treacherous walking and driving right now. Our poor doggies can't understand why their two footed parents aren't taking them for walks.

One of the "big" sled dog races, the Kuskokwim 300, is supposed to start tonight. It's alternate name is the Kusko-Swim because it invariably coincides with a warm spell. One of my husband's favorite memories is of one of the race officials a few years back standing on his sunken snowmachine (snow mobile for you "Outsiders'), water flowing all around him, directing mushers traversing the river.

Last edited by Blueberry; 01-16-2009 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: Had to include the dog race story! =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics