Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 03:38 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,389,956 times

Advertisements

I was guilty of being an extremely good teen. I was a prankster, though; it's just that the pranks were innocent and fun. Because of my own teenage disposition, I simply cannot relate to teen angst.

By and large, I despised comic books, but did enjoy my sisters' Archie variety.

The only thing that kept this California kid out of the water was the inability to swim. Didn't let Jaws keep me from wading, though, when I managed to make it to the beach.

Moderately spicy food is OK, but I've learned that anything hotter produces heartburn. Since I don't like feeling like I'm having a heart attack, I've chosen to tone down the spices. At least my taste buds will probably still function when I'm in my dotage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 04:12 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,389,956 times
Sorry, Karla. I forgot to weigh in on the ? of the Day.

Since LOTS of people say this is their "must read" thread, I imagine you're doing something right!

I'll admit to doing this -- -- a few times when reading your fun posts. I was wondering why there were SO many questions, but now I understand. Thanks!

The frustration I have with the current format is that it's hard to remember who says what because there's so much information and fun stuff floating about. It seemed it was easier to "get to know" posters with the smaller content. Some participants () have always been easy to identify because of their penchant for being sent to their rooms. However, others tend to get rolled into one. Perhaps it's just me and my feeble brain.

One other observation. With so many questions, most of us are resorting to copying the questions and providing answers so we can keep them straight. While this helps--a lot!--it does result in more reading time. I certainly appreciate the posters who use a different color or font to answer the questions.

As for me, my participation is simply dependent upon how much time I have and/or what time of day I finally get to the ? of the Day. I know you've stated we can answer the ? anytime, but I think much of the reading and/or participation dwindles later in the day, so I usually just enjoy everyone else's answers and save my posting for another day.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:30 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,653,158 times
Good day all, hope everyone is well.

Today's Question
Were you a "Good Teen"

I like to think that I still am.

Bonus Question:
What were your favorite comic books growing up?

The Beano!

When was the last time you read a comic book?

Can't remember to be honest, it's been a while.

Extra Credit Question:
After reading the book or seeing the movie Jaws, how many of you "stayed out of the water"?

Heck no, it just gave swimming in the sea on family holidays to Cornwall that edge it was lacking.

Just For Fun Questions:
Spicy food yay or nay

Can I get jalapeños with that please?

Favorite Spicy Food ?

Chicken Madras. Mmmmmm.

National Fig Newton day? Ee-yikes! That's one day I can do without.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:02 PM

44,651 posts, read 61,691,885 times
Today's Question(s)
In honor of National Good Teen Day tell us
Were you a "Good Teen" Yes and no, uh sort of.
Did you give your parents more than a few "gray hairs" Oh yes.

Bonus Question:
What were your favorite comic books growing up ? Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Red Ryder, Cisco Kid. Hey out west here we're cowboy fans.
When was the last time you read a comic book ? Some time between WWII and the Korean Conflict.

Extra Credit Question:
After reading the book or seeing the movie Jaws, how many of you "stayed out of the water" ? Didn't bother me, swim swim swim.

Just For Fun Questions :
Spicy food yay or nay. NAY!
Favorite Spicy Food ? None they upset my stomach.

Oops, almost forgot, it was nearly 80 degrees today in paradise.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:22 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,239,260 times
Being the only child for 11 years I did do some very foolish things while keeping myself from being bored. lol I don't think I caused their hair to turn but I'm sure I caused a stroke or two.

They are now paying me back and turning my hair gray.
For the life of me I can't remember what comic books I read but I know I did or it seems like I did, I think I did. See, my parents have caused memory loss also!

When was the last time you read a comic book ?
Like I would know????

I saw the movie Jaws,and yes I stay out of the ocean and have the creeps in the lake when the grand daughters start making the sound that means he is on his way to kill. Dummm Dummm Dummmm Dumm (brats)

Love Spicy food !

Very hot Chili is my Favorite Spicy Food.

I had a pair of skates with the key and tore up several pairs of shoes with them. I also have roller blades. ( some people never grow up) I may make my grand daughters turn gray or have a stroke. lol

Old 01-17-2009, 03:56 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,139,917 times
Thanks everyone for all of the great feedback !!!

Some great points were brought up.

I have to say that without all of you great folks this would never of become such a fun thing that I look forward to doing each day.

So I raise my glass (of caffeine free Diet pepsi) to each and everyone one of you !!!!

I was a good teen , but then you have my younger sister who made up for me being so good lol

She was the one who would cut school and have parties where they would sneak beer in wrapped as presents

My some what "wild streak" appeared when I was around 23

When I was young I loved the Archie comice as well as the teen beat and mad magazines
Many time now days as I am checking out in the grocery store I see the Archie comics and am tempted to pick one up just to see the changes after 40 years

The first time I saw the Jaws movie was when they released the 25th anniversary edition
By this point I had been on many Scuba diving trips where I had encountered sharks I was also a fan of the Shark specials on TV.
So when the movie began I pointed out to Hubby that they were not showing the correct "shark behaviors" lol he told me to just hush and watch.
He loves the movie but did admit that after seeing it way back when that he stayed out of not only the ocean but lakes and pools .

No surprise that this "selective eater" does not eat spicy food
No way , no how, not on my plate
I can probably saw that really spicy food has never been prepared in this house

ok off to start todays ?

Old 01-17-2009, 05:36 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,789,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
I can probably say that really spicy food has never been prepared in this house

I always joke about growing up that the only spices my mother had in her kitchen was.. salt pepper and 'ore-a-gain-o' as she pronounced it..

Old 01-17-2009, 05:38 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,139,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
I always joke about growing up that the only spices my mother had in her kitchen was.. salt pepper and 'ore-a-gain-o' as she pronounced it..
rofl thats about it here GG

Though makes you wonder why out in my herb garden I am growing
oregano, dill, thyme, fennel, tarragon and rosemary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics