Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 06:22 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,866,146 times

Advertisements

Today's Question:
Who will be watching the Superbowl tomorrow ?

Nope. Don't follow football at all. Couldn't tell you who is playing and don't really give a hoot either .

Bonus Question:
What is the fastest you have ever driven ?

Cop said he was toped out at 155MPH and I pulled away from him. Jeeze he was pissed when we talked at his house that afternoon. As for what speed I was going, I have no idea; the needle was pegged and will just have to go by his guess of 165+ (too darn fast really.)

What is the fastest speed a vehicle you have been a passenger in has gone?

Been is a car doing 140 before as a passanger, didn't like it one tiny bit. Let me drive and I am fine, but I HATE riding.

Extra Credit Question:
Have you ever trimmed or cut your own hair ?
No

How about someone else's ? My sons one time when he was real small.

Just for fun :
Brussel Sprouts yay or nay
NAY, NAY, NAY.

How many rolls of scotch tape are in your home ? I have 4 kids under 12, you're kidding right . They last about 2.5 seconds after entering the house. Then everything is taped up, down and together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 06:34 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,873,705 times
Today's Question:

I will be, Go Cardinals! I'll also be on call (from work) until midnight Monday morning, so if I get paged, I'll have to step away from the TV and to the computer..

Will anyone be hosting or going to a SB party ? My best friend will be, and he's going to have a cook-out also, unfortunately, I need to stay home, but I have a nice ribeye steak just waiting for me to cook it on the grill tomorrow afternoon!

Any special SB snacks you will be looking forward to ? Oh sure and ruin that new year's resolution to lose 10 pounds! - No I won't be having any snacks.

Bonus Question:

105 MPH on Interstate 10 coming back from Los Angeles in May of 1982, it was on a stretch between Indio and Blythe in my Camaro Z-28. It was about 11:00 PM, and there wasn't much traffic, so I decided put the pedal to the metal!

What is the fastest speed a vehicle you have been a passenger in has gone? LOL.. okay Karla, you asked! - On a United Airlines Boeing 727-200, from Phoenix to Chicago in 1980. At cruise altitude, The captain said that we were going with the wind stream, and the airspeed of the aircraft topped 700 MPH! I remember another time in 1996, I was on a flight from Phoenix to Portland on an Alaska Airlines McDonnell Douglas MD-83, and the captain said that we were going about 675 MPH.

Extra Credit Question:

LOL.. not lately!

How about someone else's ? LOL.. when we were kids, I was 9, my sisters were 6 and 3, and I cut their hair.... - that's when I figured hair-cutting wasn't for me! And yes, I got yelled at, and I got sent to my room!

Just for fun :

Brussel Sprouts yay or nay -
That's a yay.

How many rolls of scotch tape are in your home ? Scotch tape, is that when you dip tape in Scotch? - I got one... without Scotch... but it's been years since I've used it!

Old 01-31-2009, 06:36 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,651,159 times
Oooooooh right, after a bit of internet prying I have discovered that scotch tape is what we here know simply as 'sticky tape'. We tend to get to the point here.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:56 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,547,000 times
Good evening

No Superbowl for me!

Hot in SoCal today...88 degrees!

What is the fastest you have ever driven ? 95

What is the fastest speed a vehicle you have been a passenger in has gone? 110

Extra Credit Question: [/u]

Have you ever trimmed or cut your own hair ? I used to do it all the time, but not anymore.

How about someone else's ? Yes, in my younger days I cut my husbands, my boys when they were little, my grandfathers and my brother....

Just for fun :

Brussel Sprouts nay

How many rolls of scotch tape are in your home ? At least 5

Old 01-31-2009, 07:33 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,006,241 times
Today's Question:

nope not me - I'll find the Superbowl commercials online.

Bonus Question:

I think it was close to 85 through a stretch in Montana

What is the fastest speed a vehicle you have been a passenger in has gone? Not sure, I don't pay attention to speed when someone else is driving.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever trimmed or cut your own hair ? nope

How about someone else's ? I do my husband's hair.

Just for fun :

yay

How many rolls of scotch tape are in your home ? not sure, I am always buying more, because I can't seem to find the rolls I own when I need them.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:53 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,788,138 times
I'm hoping Karla will forgive me with an F for reporting in so late....

Today's Question:

Who will be watching the Superbowl tomorrow ? sorry not me

Will anyone be hosting or going to a SB party ? just found out the other day about the game

Bonus Question:

What is the fastest you have ever driven ? probably 80 in NV years back

What is the fastest speed a vehicle you have been a passenger in has gone? same... I'm not that crazy..

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever trimmed or cut your own hair ? yes

How about someone else's ? yes

Just for fun :

How many rolls of scotch tape are in your home ? 2

I'll try to check in early tomorrow....

Old 01-31-2009, 08:41 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
I love football and will be watching alone, my husband is a football widower I only cut my bangs, but not while watching football!!!

Old 01-31-2009, 09:16 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,433,153 times
Today's Question:
Who will be watching the Superbowl tomorrow?
I won't.

Bonus Question:
What is the fastest you have ever driven?

What is the fastest speed a vehicle you have been a passenger in has gone?

Extra Credit Question:
Have you ever trimmed or cut your own hair?
Yes.

How about someone else's?
No.

Just for fun:
Brussel Sprouts yay or nay? Nay.

How many rolls of scotch tape are in your home?
Three rolls.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:44 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,540,413 times
Today's Question:

Will anyone be hosting or going to a SB party ?

Any special SB snacks you will be looking forward to ?

We're not football fans in this house. We'll spend the day relaxing and I'll get in my snooze for work Sunday night. We'll tape the game and fast forward to watch the commercials!

Bonus Question:

90 mph; In a Mazda GLC on the German Autobahn (legally!)

What is the fastest speed a vehicle you have been a passenger in has gone? Somewhere around 150 in my sister-in-law's boyfriend's Mercedes Benz (also on the Autobahn)

Extra Credit Question:

NO!
How about someone else's ?

Nope

Just for fun :

Mostly "nay"

How many rolls of scotch tape are in your home ?

Several; I'm married to a teacher

Old 02-01-2009, 03:49 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times
Morning all !!
well after this thread I have come to the conclusion that

There are lots of speed demons amongst our CD family

and there are more Brussel Sprouts fans than I would of ever guessed !!!!! still trying to figure out why lol

ok let me go start todays thread before I head out to breakfast and before the "kids" decide they need breakfast NOW !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics