Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2011, 10:48 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,019,021 times

Advertisements

My gals nephew was very sick last night, they went to the hospital and he has Typhoid and a very high blood infection, she said. He has 104 degree fever now, poor kid. He probably got it from contaminated water cuz of the storm. They are going up to get his parents, they live in a place with no electricity.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:03 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,993,951 times
{{{Congress!}}} I don’t need to say anything more, the news says it all and it's simply very sad to say the least.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:36 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,372,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
{{{Congress!}}} I don’t need to say anything more, the news says it all and it's simply very sad to say the least.
No u don't... I am increasingly concerned with the Occupy group. I don't mind the protesting and I don't think the protesters should be attacked. However, I do think they need to change there plan of action into calling for the resignation of politicians who are blocking progress... I am not sure if they have a clear message. I think there message should be "we voting yall out" And then take constructive action to make that happen. I don't know if camping out is really that helpful

Old 12-22-2011, 12:59 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,850,768 times
I went to buy a turkey yesterday. After moseying around, I found what I wanted but without the weight and pricetag attached, and smaller than I wanted to purchase. I searched around the meat department and found a y young man in the meat department leaning against a cooler texting. I asked him if he would mind pricing it, and check in the freezer for a larger turkey. He told me that would be a huge hassle for him since he would have to go into the freezer and open a new box, and suggested that I come back today and get the manager to do it. I pointed out to him that there were very few turkeys in the freezer for customers shopping last night. Then he walked away and started texting. I was like really??

Old 12-22-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
No u don't... I am increasingly concerned with the Occupy group. I don't mind the protesting and I don't think the protesters should be attacked. However, I do think they need to change there plan of action into calling for the resignation of politicians who are blocking progress... I am not sure if they have a clear message. I think there message should be "we voting yall out" And then take constructive action to make that happen. I don't know if camping out is really that helpful
The last Occupy movement tent got moved out of the legislative grounds yesterday. I have been watching some of these folks, and I am wondering how glued they are to the same ideals. Just a thought..

Old 12-23-2011, 12:16 AM

5,234 posts, read 8,019,021 times
I agree with you SQ in regards to the Occupy folks. I'm behind them, but I think they should have either found a leader they could run for President or have something specific in mind that realistically can be the first baby step toward change and work toward that. I haven't been watching their website for awhile though. This is an excellent time for a large group of voters to be angry and try and demand change but I'm afraid those running will say anything to get their votes then have a bad case of amnesia after its over. Fact is the politicians and corporate boys aren't gonna give up anything without a fight.

Now here is a real peeve, I can't rep any people I want to cuz I get the spread it around first business again.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:42 AM

293 posts, read 895,846 times
Talking Ahhhhhh!!!

Just waiting for the zombie apocalypse... and everything is going to be alright...

Old 12-23-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I agree with you SQ in regards to the Occupy folks. I'm behind them, but I think they should have either found a leader they could run for President or have something specific in mind that realistically can be the first baby step toward change and work toward that. I haven't been watching their website for awhile though. This is an excellent time for a large group of voters to be angry and try and demand change but I'm afraid those running will say anything to get their votes then have a bad case of amnesia after its over. Fact is the politicians and corporate boys aren't gonna give up anything without a fight.

Now here is a real peeve, I can't rep any people I want to cuz I get the spread it around first business again.
Todd, you are in the custody of the rep police.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:14 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,317,450 times
Don't feel bad, Todd, I'm with the rep cops too.

Let me tell you, I swear if I see one more "Last chance to get your shopping done with us" spam email, I'll shoot the screen.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Don't feel bad, Todd, I'm with the rep cops too.

Let me tell you, I swear if I see one more "Last chance to get your shopping done with us" spam email, I'll shoot the screen.
Yeah...I just printed off a coupon from my favourite clothing store which is having a pre Boxing Day sale today, and I have the afternoon off. But, there is only one store in the city at the city's busiest mall. I am sitting here looking at this coupon...knowing that the mall parking lot is going to be filled with crazy people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics