Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 02:35 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,921,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
I do not like having to wait so long for daylight. We're getting into that part of the year and two more months of it. I can do without DST.
WORD !!!!!

Towards afternoon our house is already so hot, and then with the sun facing our main living areas...well, all I wish for is the sun to hurry up and go down !

A related peeve: When we moved in we had AC, when it broke down early this summer our landlord ( a RICH prick) refused to fix it.

Everytime it gets hot I murder his ass in my mind. With the power of a thousand suns (no pun intended).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 03:02 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,409,052 times
I'm peeve that I need motivation to finish an application. -_-

Old 08-23-2011, 07:29 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,841,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
I feel for you having to be around such a toxic person.
He's an emotional terrorist. I come home almost every day exhausted.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:25 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,921,668 times
Todays peeve:

Those anorexic b*tches (weathergirls) on tv who crow about how wonnnnnnnderful 90 degree days are... while they're working in an AIRCONDITIONED studio, getting into an AIRCONDITIONED car, and going home to an AIRCONDITIONED house, most likely with a pool in the backyard.

Yeh yeh yeh...tell me all about it when you're living in a house with no AC, it's 11 at night and you can't get any sleep because it's still 85 in the house.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:36 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,059,104 times
There is one big peeve that I have when it comes to earthquakes. Whenever California has an earthquake, I would often read rude comments in our newspaper or on CD (Politics Forum mainly) about how folks in other states would be happy to see California drown in the ocean. Really?? There are folks that would be happy if Californians suffer devastating losses and disappear off the planet? Real people LIVE in California so I don't find these comments amusing! When I heard about the earthquake in the East Coast, I was very concerned about the people there because they were really not prepared for an earthquake and likely, did not even have the structural designs that could withstand a major earthquake as brick structures are more common. Never would I wish harm on anyone regardless of their state's politics so I just don't understand why there are folks that joke about California going out to the ocean! Earthquakes are just as devastating for the individuals affected just as hurricanes have been for those in the SE and tornadoes in the Midwest ... I just wish that folks would refrain from making those earthquake jokes about California because they are NOT FUNNY!

Old 08-25-2011, 05:29 AM

19,621 posts, read 9,606,028 times
Someone holding the door open for this one female and then as they're standing facing you decides that they can't wait 5 seconds for your hand to reach the door, they walk in and the door closes in your face. Yeah, I'll remember you buddy.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:41 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,351,789 times
Friends forwarding u stupid bs emails... regularly. I don't want all this sheot!

Old 08-25-2011, 09:49 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,059,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Friends forwarding u stupid bs emails... regularly. I don't want all this sheot!
That is a big peeve of mine ... I can always tell when a person is new to the internet and email when they start sending this crap.

No .. bad luck will not follow you if you fail to forward an email ...

Old 08-25-2011, 11:24 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,409,052 times
Peeve: when you have a crush on someone and just can't get over it! D:<

Old 08-26-2011, 12:59 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,740,303 times
Insurance companies again. Finally got them to decide to replace the laptop that's been in the shop for over 2 months due to a faulty screen (2nd time), instead of driving the poor repair guy insane trying to find a replacement screen (an impossible task). It took 4 phone calls from me to say 2 months was way too long, make a decision!

Anyway, earlier this week, they said they'd replace it with a "like-for-like" machine. I got to the store that the insurance company authorised the replacement machine to come from and they're offering me a laptop with a 15" screen when the broken one has a 17" screen. That's not "like-for-like". So, more phone calls, haggling, arguing, blah blah blah, back and forth, waiting til they "talk to their supervisor", .... finally get them to relent that a 15" screen is not an appropriate replacement for a 17" screen laptop, regardless of all the other specs.

So hopefully next week, I'll finally get my laptop replaced. It'll be two-and-a-half months. They sure don't make it easy taking advantage of the Extended Warranty you purchase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics