Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2011, 11:11 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,451,707 times

Advertisements

I get annoyed because they gather at the centre of town, then come at you. Many of
them arn't collecting cash, they are trying to get people to sign for a monthly regular
amount coming from their bank accounts. You walk on, and they are at the next junction.
Sometimes, it gets to the point of haressment. Next time we go to town, it's another
charity group. I've started telling some of them to get away from me. Then they do a false
smile, and say something like "have a nice day."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 11:15 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,056,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I get annoyed because they gather at the centre of town, then come at you. Many of them arn't collecting cash, they are trying to get people to sign for a monthly regularamount coming from their bank accounts. You walk on, and they are at the next junction.
Sometimes, it gets to the point of haressment. Next time we go to town, it's another charity group. I've started telling some of them to get away from me. Then they do a false smile, and say something like "have a nice day."
The bolded part sounds like a scam ... NEVER give out your bank account number, Social Security (or other tax ID) or any other personal info to solicitors (whether in person, through the internet or via phone) ....

Old 12-14-2011, 12:13 AM

5,234 posts, read 8,002,435 times
So one of these punks that killed a pizza guy last year was sentenced. He was 16 when he stabbed this poor guy to death, they gave him 100 yrs, he will be 67 by the time he can possibly get parole. So why feed, clothe and house this scum bag punk for life. I just don't get it. He took this guys life he should have to pay with his own. It was a cold blooded crime. There were 3 more punks involved too, you know they can never pull a robbery alone, even with a knife. They had the money killing him was not necessary. The victim was giving 50 bucks a month to the open door mission even though he was only making about 11k a year himself. This caring guy trying to make an honest living and this is what he gets. The others might sit on death row for 10 or 15 years, get fat and watch a lot of tv. That's not justice in my book. Of course the punks mom says how he used to be a good boy, blah, blah, blah. Yeah sure mom. So thats my peeve injustice to the victim.

Update: Teen Murderer Sentenced To 100 Years

Old 12-14-2011, 01:46 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,451,707 times
It's the same here. We used to hang murderers till about 1965, the it got banned. Just in
time to save the life of a murderer of children called Ian Brady. He has caused nothing but
problems for the last 45 years. He is on hunger strike at the moment demanding he be moved to a different institution. The man must have cost millions. People who murder in
cold blood should be executed. Too many do gooders here.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:55 AM

27,393 posts, read 27,442,715 times
My 'check engine' light has been on for 4 years now and I have YET to find a mechanic who can fix it, even with diagnostics! WTH??? Every place Ive taken it to come up with different answers and its still on!

Old 12-14-2011, 01:01 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,002,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
I occasionally buy lotto tickets, 2 or 3. But it's always in the back of my mind that lotto/powerball is fixed.
I don't believe its fixed because so many goof balls win it. But it does seem one would have to have incredible luck with ya to win, when you consider the odds are something like 175-185 million to 1. I used to say, I'd have a better chance of growing wings and flying south for the winter.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:53 PM

16,913 posts, read 16,172,718 times
Wow, it seems you can "know" people on here for years, but then they turn out to be A-holes!
Back-stabbing idiots. Glad I found out!

Old 12-17-2011, 12:51 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,056,789 times
Here's one of my biggest peeves ... It's so hard to find women blouses, shirts, sweaters, etc that don't have low necklines or isn't so flimsy that one can see through it ... It's frustrating trying to figure out what to wear as all my sweaters, summer and winter tops all require undergarments due to the low necklines or the thin material .... It would be so nice to be able to grab a shirt or blouse from the closet that can be worn as a stand-alone!

Old 12-18-2011, 08:07 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,350,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Here's one of my biggest peeves ... It's so hard to find women blouses, shirts, sweaters, etc that don't have low necklines or isn't so flimsy that one can see through it ... It's frustrating trying to figure out what to wear as all my sweaters, summer and winter tops all require undergarments due to the low necklines or the thin material .... It would be so nice to be able to grab a shirt or blouse from the closet that can be worn as a stand-alone!
I feel u, I was in the store yesterday looking at blouses with a friend and she pretty well breasted if u know what I mean. She couldn't find one blouse she liked for church mind u that did not expose way too much. I admire women who are bold enough to flaunt their modesty and exercise their right to cover.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:10 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,176,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
That's what I always say too, homeless animals and people are hungry 365 days a year. But the vast majority of sheeple only activate their conscience for a short time around the holidays so the charities jump on it. I don't like large organized charities for the reason Dave mentioned, you never know for sure how much is going to those needing it. Some have very high "administrative costs". The shelter operating on a shoe string is more likely to get my donation than the ones calling and pestering people. The ones calling and pestering can bother the Hollywood celebrities, the pro athletes, the CEO's, and the politicians.
Exactly!

Gee.... I was wondering where this thread went. I kept getting responses in email and when I clicked the link all I got was a message to contact the CD administrators. I realize now the administrators deleted my thread completely and put my grumblings into this thread. So there is my pet peeve. If you are going to move something how about letting me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics