Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 09:26 AM

412 posts, read 680,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I don't think many Non-business people know that each swipe cost the business owner a fee...and of course that has to be transferred to the customer at some point.

Just like when employees see all the cash you take in and they think you are so wealthy. Yet they have no comprehension of the overhead for the business
Amen to that! I'm small enough that often the staff will see me writing a 4k check for product, so they do understand to an extent, but the majority of the world has no idea.

If I had a penny for every time someone referred to how much money small business owners made, I really would be rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 08:07 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,679,200 times
It is taking me 4 times to hit my eyes with eye drops. That is making a $15 bottle cost $60.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:47 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,472,340 times
The fact my friend couldn't get into a bar last night because she was told they only had a revolving door. Then when I went with my friend, we entered through a completely wheelchair accessible door. There was some miscommunication, somewhere down the line, among the staff, that led her to believe it was inaccessible, when in fact it was completely accessible. There were ramps inside and everything. It's so common for a place to be inaccessible that I wish places that actually are accessible would do more to give accurate information and be on the same page, so that wheelchair users can give them business. If they went through the trouble of meeting ADA requirements, they may as well make sure to take advantage of it.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:38 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,865,618 times
Standing in line at the gas station to pay for a soda, behind someone buying lottery tickets. She bought a $5 scratch off ticket, and won $2. So she used the $2 to buy a $2 scratch off which she stood there and scratched it while I was waiting in line then bought another ticket with the $1 that she won. She scratched off that one and lost, so finally she got out of the way so the people in line behind her could pay.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:32 PM

4,063 posts, read 2,147,471 times
The inability to use the English language! There was a post on Craigslist for a hairdresser who would come to people's homes. He said, "I will DEFIANTLY work with your schedule." I'm sure he meant definitely, but I guess it could be someone who likes to be oppositional and is resistant to authority!

Old 02-09-2012, 04:55 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,887,954 times
Our townhome neighborhood has a busybody/gossipy older woman that drives us all near crazy. Complaints include residents don't follow the "rules", they put limbs, etc in the wrong location for pickup, trashcans not brought in by an exact time of day...on and on and on.

Complaints about someone's choice of Christmas decorations...she looks into garbage cans to see who might not be recycling items...walks behind others homes peeringly, where she does not belong, just da*n nosy...then she reports this rubbish to the HOA office.

Thanks for listening.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:35 PM

4,063 posts, read 2,147,471 times
Wow, GreatBlue, that's a real invasion of privacy to be looking in other people's garbage cans. I believe in recycling, but who appointed her the recycling police????

Old 02-10-2012, 02:34 AM

23,238 posts, read 29,085,198 times
This is only going to get worse over the years, in these HOA communities, with an ever-aging population, people with way too much time on their hands! But it works both ways, those irritated by them with too much time on their hands as well! Vengeance is best served with a laugh!

Old 02-10-2012, 02:51 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,992,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Our townhome neighborhood has a busybody/gossipy older woman that drives us all near crazy. Complaints include residents don't follow the "rules", they put limbs, etc in the wrong location for pickup, trashcans not brought in by an exact time of day...on and on and on.

Complaints about someone's choice of Christmas decorations...she looks into garbage cans to see who might not be recycling items...walks behind others homes peeringly, where she does not belong, just da*n nosy...then she reports this rubbish to the HOA office.

Thanks for listening.

Bloody old bag. Another reason I don't like neighborhoods and the HOA's (sieg heil). If she is sneaking around behind the houses, call the cops saying there is a suspicious person in the area peering in windows and bet she stops that pretty quick. She needs a more constructive hobby.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:20 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,553,551 times
My turn: What is so difficult about parking within those lines at the grocery store? It's not brain surgery! And it's even worse when I come back out to my car and find 5 empty spaces around my car, but some idiot, excuse me, IDIOT!!!! parks right next to my car and even then parks VERY close to my car, so they HAVE to hit my car with their car door when they get out!

IDIOTS!

<whew!> thanks, that felt good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics