Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 11:32 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times

Advertisements

I pricked my braille-reading fingers by running into a bush and I have like 7 readings to do for school by tomorrow and a quiz in class that involves reading braille.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 11:11 AM

Censorship on all levels, whether it's SOPA/PIPA or stupid rules like having to replace the whole word and not just part of it with asterisks.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:20 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
People who reduce mental illnesses to "dwelling," "having a pity party," etc. and tell you to "just get over it". Telling someone with a mental illness to "get over it" is like telling a diabetic to "produce insulin" or telling a blind person to "see."

Worse yet is when the person who told you this has a mental illness themselves and would never talk to you again if you ever diminished their mental illness (which I never would).
People are far more understanding of a strictly physical illness than they are of one that affects both the mental and physical sides. If people don't understand it or even try to do so they seem to brush it off. Those that have it or have had it and still do it, I don't get that at all. I've made call to doc's for people I knew only on the internet, going out of my way trying to help them but when I was falling apart these same people ripped me to pieces, zero compassion or help from them. It makes me shake my head and feel like most people are not as they appear to be. They want understanding if its them but give nothing back. I use to give people more than one chance, not anymore.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:43 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Accounting personnel who can't get it through their thick heads that my pen name is not my real name. I mean, come on, now. If you cut checks to Jane Doe, and the W-9 says Jane Doe, and you know who Jane Doe is, why would you put Susan Smith on the 1099?

Old 01-20-2012, 06:32 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,312,898 times
My peeve of the moment: My parents are here visiting. My dad is sitting with me in the living room, at the other end of my couch. We're watching Alcatraz. For the last hour, he's been biting the tips off his fingernails and spitting them out, so not only do I have to listen to the "pppew!" of all his little spits, but I'm sure I have his spittle and nails all over that section of the room. Nice.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:39 PM

1. Anxiety attacks that keep me from getting stuff done. Meds that don't work, the doc's at the VA that could care less.

2. People that add to it by not being courteous enough to return email and phone calls even when I tell them I have medical problems and they stand to make money from doing a job for me. Don't these people want or need the business, I've never seen anything like it. Chasing contractors and realtors, customer service is long gone. I have no one to call them for me so I'm stuck. I've wasted so much time and they are all carbon copies.

3. Lawyers and civil court laws that seem more for the criminal than the injured party.

4. The gross injustice that takes place every day in this world with no hope of it ever changing for the better.

And to think in the Philippines a skilled welder or like tradesman makes about 4 bucks a day. The guys building the malls make about 6 bucks a week. Here they make more than many with advanced degrees.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:50 PM

5,585 posts, read 984,194 times
My peeve of the moment is when a certain somebody not here on C-D,,, but on another forum altogether, thinks they have the answers to everybody(s) heart aches & woes of unhappiness or misfortune, this person thinks they have the solution for every problem a going. They think they are God & have all the cures for everything, ugh. I feel like telling them to shut up already & to get another hobby.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker Freesia View Post
My peeve of the moment is when a certain somebody not here on C-D,,, but on another forum altogether, thinks they have the answers to everybody(s) heart aches & woes of unhappiness or misfortune, this person thinks they have the solution for every problem a going. They think they are God & have all the cures for everything, ugh. I feel like telling them to shut up already & to get another hobby.
You just described Dr. Phil.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:52 PM

When people slam doors or let them close behind them without checking to see if someone is behind them. It's not just about manners but also safety. Today someone slammed the door closed behind them on the way to the bathroom and I got caught in the door. I ended up getting my arm badly bruised and a bloody nose. Also, because of my history of abuse (when my ex slammed the door on my hand and I broke three fingers and almost lost one) it triggered a flashback to that time and I had a panic attack that lasted about 2 hours. Granted, I know not every single person is blind or gets flashbacks, but honestly it's just polite and it can be unsafe even for sighted people (especially if their hands are full or they use a support cane/wheelchair etc). So please just be considerate and check to see if someone is behind you. If they are, hold the door open for them.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:34 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baker Freesia View Post
Its' me, it's me! I love it when people talk about me, negatively or positively!

Alright, alright! I'll shut up.................................for the rest of the nite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics