Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 06:51 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,055,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
That is one of my biggest peeves ... Especially dangerous for pedestrians that are visually challenged. Since at many lights, drivers can turn on red if safe, there is no reason for a driver to cut a pedestrian off during the limited window we have to cross. Unfortunately, we are invisible to the almighty driver!
So I was waiting for my cross signal and the idiot, who was trying to make that right hand turn, began hooking impatiently at me ... Look idiot, there is a reason why I wait for my signal as I'm not in the mood to be road kill with the cars turning left into my lane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 07:10 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,590,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The car my wife drives is a japanese car. If you don't fasten your seat belt it makes a
continuous peeping sound. Sometimes we move the car within a shopping complex, so
don't fasten the belts. I find myself saying "shuddup, we're not going out on the road."
Like it understands!
Funny Dave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
My 6 month old washer (a top of the line model) broke and will have to go to the shop to be repaired.

Does anyone make a quality product anymore???????
Good reason to grumble.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:47 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,348,463 times
Sometimes I just don't feel like getting into the rat race of traffic. I don't like public transportation, but if they improved it in my neck of the woods I would definitely consider it. I don't know why there is not a bigger push to accomplish things like that especially since it would really be environmentally sound policy.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:11 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,286,130 times
Quote:
My 6 month old washer (a top of the line model) broke and will have to go to the shop to be repaired.

The parts are on national backorder it could be a couple of months before it gets repaired

I'm so lucky that I bought it at a local mom & pop type store..........they are going to provide me with a loaner washer until mine is fixed. At least I won't have to haul around laundry.

I'm taking notes of everything that is being said and done........if I'm not happy with the outcome I will take on the company who manufactured it.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:02 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,521,082 times
I'm sure this has been hit before, BUT ........

Tech Support people who do not pay attention when you are displaying the problem to them on a shared screen, and then tell you that the program is performing properly when it isn't.

I have been using the program through various versions for 10 years. You probably started at the call center 6 months ago. Don't tell me to "check the settings" because the settings you want me to check have NOTHING to do with the incorrect output I am getting. This is one instance where the garbage out is not the result of garbage in on my part. There is a problem in the program's database and I just want to get it fixed.

Last edited by rrtechno; 12-29-2011 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-29-2011, 03:39 PM

5,585 posts, read 987,367 times
People that are cut-throat. you are nice what you want to say then certain people come blasting through like you are goody 2 shoe & become cut-throat about anything nice you had to say. Like this other forum I'm on, some people on there seem to think,,, hey people let's get on the band wagon & make this so called goody 2 shoe look bad,, I mean real bad. What is wrong with what you have to say keeping it POSITIVE & not respond with a negative retort?,, I don't think that warrants me goody 2 shoe or anything like that,, just saying positive things all the time just means I want to say positive things.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:19 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,484,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
So I was waiting for my cross signal and the idiot, who was trying to make that right hand turn, began hooking impatiently at me ... Look idiot, there is a reason why I wait for my signal as I'm not in the mood to be road kill with the cars turning left into my lane
Exactly! THis is how I have almost died numerous times and how my friend actually died yesterday. Drivers be patient and pay attention! You could kill someone. People's lives are in your hands. A 2,000 pound piece of metal that can go 90 mph is not something to be impatient with. If you are feeling impatient or angry, or in your head, or just not all there, don't get behind a wheel. Keep your problems off the road.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:51 AM

412 posts, read 680,885 times
My first scheduled weekend off in months... guess where I am? Work.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:00 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,444,670 times
Quote:

Nope. Sorry about your troubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Nope, its a throw away world. It won't last but it will have every high tech gadget on it they can think of. Our old family refrigerator I grew up with was almost as old as I was. It lasted over 30 years. Our washer and dryer were really old too. Their replacement were nothing in comparison. And today its much worse, all fluff and poor quality at a high price. My grandma was using the old style wringer washing machine at least into the middle 60's. My mom always said she thought it got clothes cleaner than the automatic machines. It was made really well, imagine something like that today, it would fall apart in your hand, like one of those cheap can openers.
So true. We have a disposable society. Everything that is made today is junk and it won't last as long as the same product that was made a decade or more ago.

Now we have Energy Star and efficient trash and this is the difference.

New Energy Star washers...use less water and have no agitator. So now your clothes don't come out clean....there is no scrubbing being done and not enough water being used....but hey they save energy and water Oh yeah...and your washer smells.

New Energy efficient light bulbs. They may save energy but you can't see well enough to read while using them. Oh and you have to be careful with disposing of them because of the mercury

Electric cars...they are way more expensive and our national grid would be over powered if everyone owned one.

I was also told by appliance technicians that our appliances today have less than half the life span of our older ones. Sure they may be more energy saving but talk about waste.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:14 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,590,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Nope. Sorry about your troubles.

So true. We have a disposable society. Everything that is made today is junk and it won't last as long as the same product that was made a decade or more ago.

Now we have Energy Star and efficient trash and this is the difference.

New Energy Star washers...use less water and have no agitator. So now your clothes don't come out clean....there is no scrubbing being done and not enough water being used....but hey they save energy and water Oh yeah...and your washer smells.

New Energy efficient light bulbs. They may save energy but you can't see well enough to read while using them. Oh and you have to be careful with disposing of them because of the mercury

Electric cars...they are way more expensive and our national grid would be over powered if everyone owned one.

I was also told by appliance technicians that our appliances today have less than half the life span of our older ones. Sure they may be more energy saving but talk about waste.
Hilariously true younglisa7...couldn't have put it any better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics