Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 06:19 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,067,676 times

Advertisements

So yesterday we asked about the cup holders in your vehicles so it make sense that I ask - Do you usually take a drink with you when you head out in your vehicle ?

No, I but I always have a drink available while at the computer and I'm glad I have a cup holder here too!

What was the last thing you needed to be "reminded of" ? How did you remind yourself ?

These days, it's medical appointments, since I've had several per week for many weeks. I have a big white board in my office and keep all my reminders, schedules and other info up on the board until I have the pleasure of wiping them away once completed.

When was the last time you wanted to say "It's about time !!" ?

About six minutes ago when I found the Question of the Day was ready. (Just kidding, Karla. )

National Cheeseburger Day

Oh this must be celebrated today! Either lunch or dinner - but it must be celebrated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 06:21 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,029,005 times
Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you needed to be "reminded of" ?

How did you remind yourself ?

There use to be a commercial where someone would have hundreds of sticky notes posted all over the house. That is me to a T. To use my computer at home I first must move a stack of notes reminding me of various things. If what I need to remember is real important I will put a note on my shoe, my pillow, the tv, and other places.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:24 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,743,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

Kind of a quiet morning here in NE FL. I think we had some sprinkles last night the patio was wet when I let the dogs out.
They are calling for more rain today but because of the "sea breeze" it is suppose to stay to the west. sigh lol

ok So before I am told they want their breakfast now !!! I better get to asking

Today's Question(s):
So yesterday we asked about the cup holders in your vehicles so it make sense that I ask

Do you usually take a drink with you when you head out in your vehicle ? No

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you needed to be "reminded of" ? To put the phone back in it's cradle after using it.

How did you remind yourself ? Hubby reminded me.

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you wanted to say "It's about time !!" ? Yesterday.

Today in History:
1851 - "The New York Times" began publishing
1848 - Baseball rules 1st baseman can tag base for out instead of runner
1891 - Harriet Maxwell Converse is 1st white woman to become an Indian chief
1965 - "Get Smart" premieres
1990 - 500 pound Hershey Kiss is displayed in Times Square

Word of the Day:

alacrity \uh-LACK-ruh-tee\ , noun:
1. A cheerful or eager readiness or willingness, often manifested by brisk, lively action or promptness in response.

Today is:

National Respect Day- It should be given every day.
Chiropractors Day - I could of used one yesterday.
National Farm Safety Day
Enjoy your weekend everybody.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:28 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,578,416 times
Today's Question(s):
So yesterday we asked about the cup holders in your vehicles so it make sense that I ask

Do you usually take a drink with you when you head out in your vehicle ?
I get laughed at because there is ALWAYS water...(I should have listed that on the quirks) And I usually have a soda in my hand so that goes with me too.Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you needed to be "reminded of" ? To get up...my alarm clock does a good job. Actually it was hubby's work schedule for the weekend.
How did you remind yourself ? I find if I write stuff down, I don't forget it.
I never have to look at the note again but I'll remember

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you wanted to say "It's about time !!" ? This time of year it's the other departments getting paperwork to me...it now...tick tock tick tock time!!!

Today in History:
1965 - "Get Smart" premieres -I loved this show!

Word of the Day:
1. A cheerful or eager readiness or willingness, often manifested by brisk, lively action or promptness in response.

Today is:
National Cheeseburger Day-I need to go to 5 Guys to celebrate!!!
National Respect Day -I respect the need to go to 5 Guys to celebrate!!
Chiropractors Day
National Farm Safety Day-I love farmers...they don't get the respect they deserve....so Thank You farmers!!

We have a bitter sweet weekend...We'll be saying goodbye to an uncle, but also get to catch up with distant family members at the same time.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:30 AM

48,325 posts, read 22,084,425 times
Today's Question(s):

No, almost never eat or drink in the car....the exception being on road trips, cross country trips.

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you needed to be "reminded of" ? To wake my partner up this morning by 7:30.....the alarm wouldnt set.

I just kept it in my mind.

Extra Credit Question:

Not with great commitment....but we noticed yesterday that they reduced a speed limit from 50 to 35 through a residential area heading out of town. (But they only did it on one side of the road....the incoming lane is still 50...Maybe I will say it again when they fix that side too.)

( Thank You Karla.)

Old 09-18-2009, 06:35 AM

821 posts, read 2,015,916 times
Today's Question(s):

only when I'm going to work

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you needed to be "reminded of" ? would had to be something at work yesterday, you have to be able to multi task with 10 things going on at one time

How did you remind yourself ? I write on the palm of my hand, the back of my hand and my arm

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you wanted to say "It's about time !!" ? I'm sure it was yesterday at work

National Farm Safety Daythis should be for every day

Old 09-18-2009, 06:43 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,965,150 times
That would be the economical thing to do, huh?
Instead I stimulate the economy & hit the Dunkin Donuts drive-thru for a hot Turbo. Ziiiing!!!

To reschedule my MD appts that I canceled last month.

I have a friend who has decided I need a personal assistant - she has perfected the art of nagging... OK, OK!!!

Yesterday; upon hearing the news that a world famous politician will be visiting our town (and a college I attended).
Supposedly he will be here to comment on our new "tech valley" status and AMD plant that's supposed to bring world-class jobs to our region. Hopefully that will be enough to get my house back up to selling value.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:52 AM

36,507 posts, read 16,104,101 times
Today's Question(s):

Always a bottle of water!
Bonus Question:

Getting a tail light for my truck!
Still can't remember to stop at the auto parts store, well I don't see it.

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you wanted to say "It's about time !!" ? Can't think of any time!

Old 09-18-2009, 07:08 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,697,911 times
Do you usually take a drink with you when you head out in your vehicle ? On a long trip I usually have a ceramic mug of coffee and a bottle of water.

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you needed to be "reminded of" ? Oh gosh.......every moment of the day I have to be reminded of something.

How did you remind yourself ? sometimes notes,

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you wanted to say "It's about time !!" ?I dont'know.....still early and my head is congested. Maybe it will clear later.

I was looking for sundays question of the day. Forgot it was friday. God I'm all mixed up today.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:11 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,699,791 times
Today's Question(s):

If I'm going to be driving any distance Mrs D sends me out with some of yesterday's coffee.
Bonus Question:

I don't need to be reminded to breath anything more voluntary than that is subject to be forgotten.

I let Mrs D know, she keeps track of all appointments.

Extra Credit Question:

Last year when Mrs D finally decided she was not physically able to work.

Today in History:
1965 - "Get Smart" premieres

Word of the Day:

Today is:

National Respect Day
Chiropractors Day
National Farm Safety Day[/quote]

Last edited by studedude; 09-18-2009 at 07:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics