Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 02:27 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,194,187 times

Advertisements

Today’s Questions:

What are some things that happened in 2009 that you would like to see changed in 2010?
Our finances taking a tumble!

On the flip side, what are some things that happened in 2009 that you would like to see continue in 2010?
I have started cooking many things from scratch!

Bonus Question:

Refresh us... what was your 2010 New Year's Resolution?
Just to try & be more positive.

When will you start working toward your 2010 New Year’s Resolution? Or have you already?
Tomorrow

Extra Credit Question:

Do you use an Apple Computer or a computer with Microsoft Windows?

Windows

Just for Fun:

Have you ever been to Alaska before?
Take a glance at my screen name Born & raised baby!!! Will have been gone 3 years as of Feb. 1st. Miss it almost everyday .

If yes, how did you like it?

I did not appreciate it until I left it.

“Because I’m Suncoast Guy” Question:
Last Tuesday in my “Did you know…?” thread, we found out that 52% of Americans drink coffee.

Do you drink coffee?
EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. actually, a cup right now sounds good

If yes, is it Regular, Decaf, or other?
Regular
isn't decaf an oxymoron

Today in History:

1872 1st patent list issued by US Patent Office
1888 Marvin C. Stone patents the drinking straw
1890 1st U.S. college-level dairy school opens at University of Wisconsin
1920 NY Yankees purchase Babe Ruth from Red Sox for $125,000.
1956 A fire damages the top part of the Eiffel Tower.
1959 Alaska is admitted as the 49th U.S. State.
1967 The "Tonight Show" is shortened from 105 minutes to 90 minutes.
1977 Apple Computer is incorporated.
1987 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inducts 1st female artist: Aretha Franklin.
1997 Bryant Gumbel co-hosted his final "Today" show on NBC-TV.

Word of the Day:
gloze • \GLOHZ\ • verb
1 : to mask the true nature of : give a deceptively attractive appearance to -- often used with "over.
2 : to deal with (a subject or problem) too lightly or not at all -- often used with "over"

Today is:
Festival of Sleep Day
Fruitcake Toss Day
Humiliation Day
J.R.R. Tolkien Day
National Drinking Straw Day
National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day

This Week is:
New Year’s Resolutions Week (3rd -9th)
Home Office Safety and Security Week (3rd – 9th)
Women’s Self Empowerment Week (4th – 10th)

HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY EVERYONE!! [/quote]

You too! Thanks Suncoast Guy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 02:42 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,332,602 times
Today’s Questions:

What are some things that happened in 2009 that you would like to see changed in 2010? New job!

On the flip side, what are some things that happened in 2009 that you would like to see continue in 2010? Continued health

Bonus Question:

Refresh us... what was your 2010 New Year's Resolution? I didn't make any...just gonna make the effort and see what happens.

When will you start working toward your 2010 New Year’s Resolution? Or have you already? Already started

Extra Credit Question:

Do you use an Apple Computer or a computer with Microsoft Windows? Computer w/MS windows

Just for Fun:

Have you ever been to Alaska before? No, but I would love to go. (minus icebergs sinking ship).

Last Tuesday in my “Did you know…?” thread, we found out that 52% of Americans drink coffee.

Do you drink coffee? Yep! But only in the winter.

If yes, is it Regular, Decaf, or other? No unleaded for me....gotta have the caffine!

Old 01-03-2010, 03:32 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,463,397 times
What are some things that happened in 2009 that you would like to see changed in 2010? I hope our dog's neck and back problems get better in 2010. She's been on Glucosamine and Condroitin pills for a couple of months and they seem to be working. We hope that continues.

On the flip side, what are some things that happened in 2009 that you would like to see continue in 2010? Continued clean bills of health for everyone in my orb, and continued success in our jobs (hubby and I)

Refresh us... what was your 2010 New Year's Resolution?To continue exercising and eating healthy. Continue losing weight (I have 30 lbs to goal)

When will you start working toward your 2010 New Year’s Resolution? Or have you already? I started on my journey to better health last July.

Do you use an Apple Computer or a computer with Microsoft Windows? Microsoft Windows.

Have you ever been to Alaska before? No.

Do you drink coffee? Yes, regular.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:22 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,615,516 times
Just for Fun:

Have you ever been to Alaska before? Yes
If yes, how did you like it? Cold, but enjoyed the wildlife

Do you drink coffee? No

Old 01-03-2010, 04:48 PM
bjh

60,127 posts, read 30,439,364 times
Today’s Questions:
What are some things that happened in 2009 that you would like to see changed in 2010?
I'd like to see more integrity in our political and legal system. Both parties have sold the country up the river imo.

On the flip side, what are some things that happened in 2009 that you would like to see continue in 2010?
The American people are (mostly) good solid people. I'd like to see them bring that force to bear in improving our economy and life in general.

Bonus Question:
I don't do resolutions. Like a smoker..I can quit whenever I want to... Me: I can change whenever I want to.

Extra Credit Question:

Apple is the cat's pajamas to some, but I'm familiar with MS Windows.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever been to Alaska before? If yes, how did you like it?

Yes, we visited Anchorage in July a few years ago. Needed a jacket in the mornings. Lows in the 50s.

Do you drink coffee? If yes, is it Regular, Decaf, or other?
Occasionally. Usual black with sugar. Regular or decaf is fine.

Today is:
Festival of Sleep Day had one of this this a.m. and didn't know it was THE day!
National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day tis the season

Old 01-03-2010, 05:20 PM

591 posts, read 664,574 times
Wonder, Wonder Reunion of CD people in California. I really enjoyed myself. M. Mike, Carmac, Izzy, JDavid, Huck and ladybee.

You can see the pictures on community chat...California Reunion. It was a warm 75 degree's yesterday. Sorry northern USA

Old 01-03-2010, 05:29 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,512,293 times
Sorry for your cold weather today. We made it all the way up to 20 this afternoon.

Today’s Questions:

DS got laid off and I would really like to see him get something soon. Anyone know of anything for an architect who is very good at computer modeling in the Cincy area???

DW and I were able to do things on the spur of the moment. Is it going to be possible to continue to do that if one of us ends up finding work for ourselves?

Bonus Question:

Don't do resolutions.

When will you start working toward your 2010 New Year’s Resolution? Or have you already?

Extra Credit Question:

Yes - One computer, both operating systems. I love my MacBook.

Just for Fun:

Nope

Do you drink coffee?
No. I did for a week when I was in college back in the early 70s. I was working in a factory during summer and the guys I worked with saw I wasn't drinking coffee at break. They said that all college students should drink coffee, so they said if I drank coffee every day for a week at break, they would buy my roll and give me $5 at the end of the week. Hey, 5 bucks is 5 bucks, especially if your in college. So it was 5 cups of coffee, 5 free rolls, 5 bucks in my pocket back in '71, and no coffee since.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:33 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,194,187 times
Can't fathom how some people don't like coffee

Old 01-03-2010, 05:44 PM

484 posts, read 1,585,655 times
Today’s Questions:

What are some things that happened in 2009 that you would like to see changed in 2010? The economy hasn't effected us personally, but i'd still like to see it turned around..

On the flip side, what are some things that happened in 2009 that you would like to see continue in 2010? I got to spend a lot of time with my extended family in 2009, and I hope that continues this year.

Bonus Question:

Refresh us... what was your 2010 New Year's Resolution?Get back to my pre-baby weight.

When will you start working toward your 2010 New Year’s Resolution? Or have you already? Not until after our daughter is born (any day!!)

Extra Credit Question:

Do you use an Apple Computer or a computer with Microsoft Windows?We have both Apple and PC's in our house.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever been to Alaska before? Once.

If yes, how did you like it?It was WAY too cold for me, but a beautiful area.

Do you drink coffee? Rarely, but occasionally.

If yes, is it Regular, Decaf, or other? Decaf.

GREAT job with the questions SunCoastGuy!

Old 01-03-2010, 06:53 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,722,411 times
Today’s Questions:

Personally, to finally get my degree and find a better paying job.
On a larger scale, to see some light at the end of this economic 'crisis'.

My relationship. My independence.

Bonus Question:

I didn't make one.

Extra Credit Question:

I use Windows. I've never really liked Macs.

Just for Fun:

Nope. I'd love to go some day.

Do you drink coffee?
Yep!

Usually regular. I don't drink much of it though and try to stick to tea. I don't like it plain and like to add some cream, but usually my stomach can't handle coffee and cream. :/

Today in History:

1956 A fire damages the top part of the Eiffel Tower.
1959 Alaska is admitted as the 49th U.S. State.
1967 The "Tonight Show" is shortened from 105 minutes to 90 minutes.
1977 Apple Computer is incorporated.
1987 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inducts 1st female artist: Aretha Franklin.
1997 Bryant Gumbel co-hosted his final "Today" show on NBC-TV.

Today is:
Festival of Sleep Day
Fruitcake Toss Day
Humiliation Day
J.R.R. Tolkien Day I recently started reading The Fellowship of the Ring.
National Drinking Straw Day
National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics