Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 01:20 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
Why won't men ever ask for directions? I have spent time driving around with my husband driving up and down every street, getting frustrated and STILL he won't stop for directions! I even say I will go ask. NOPE! Is there some sort of secret man rule that says you have to find your destination by yourself or you are not a man??

Please explain yourself!!
I have just the opposite situation going on. My husband is notorious for asking for directions. I can tell him how to get somewhere but he won't take my word for it, so to hell with him! Another annoying thing he does is if we are in a store, instead of just trying to find something on his own, which he would if he walked a little past the front doors, he stops employees and asks them where thus and such is. I hate it when he goes clothes shopping with me (which is very rare) because I want to look around and I know what I am looking for. But nooooooooo he has to stop some sales clerk to have him or her "help me out".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 11:53 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,529,716 times
Asking for directions is better than getting lost...I hate getting lost and I don't like men who don't want to ask for directions. Thanks...

Just my 2 cents in...

Old 06-16-2007, 01:21 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
I have NO problems asking for directions. There's NOTHING as fun as getting your 72' rig stuck someplace you can't easily get out of. Heck, some of my best trucking stories involve customer directions (or lack thereof...)! I usually try to talk to the Shipping/Receiving folks at my pickup or delivery. Sometimes I get the folks in the front office who have NO idea about how high or long a truck is:

- Delivering from L.A. to Campbell (Bay Area) I spoke to the woman in the office; "Take the 101 to CA 85..." When I get to the CA 85 exit, there's a BIG white sign: "NO TRUCKS" Thank goodness for c.b. radios and local drivers!

- In NJ: "I dunno how to get here, I take the bus"

- ALSO in NJ, I found out, after getting directions over the phone with a fast-talking local driver who assumed I knew the area, that it's Hwy "1 AND 9" not "109"

LISA: You'd be AMAZED at how many truckers don't look at the dang atlas or do any trip planning befoire they pick up a load. You oughta hear them on the c.b. asking the most stupid things...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics