Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 07:00 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
A non-descript, beigey-taupe.

With grey cloth interior.

To reflect my dazzling personality.
Turkey to next Turkey: "Whoa, check out the fine looking interior in that car!" Nope!

They were eyeballing you Trout. Maybe they thought you were pretty plump and had that "thanksgiving" way about you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 08:51 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Turkey to next Turkey: "Whoa, check out the fine looking interior in that car!" Nope!

They were eyeballing you Trout. Maybe they thought you were pretty plump and had that "thanksgiving" way about you.
Ha! I think a local couple feeds them. They also feed a lot of deer around their place in the winter. Might be their way of augmenting their larder....

Old 11-20-2016, 07:59 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
It's getting coooold. Brrr. Thankful for knitting. Even just the sound of clicking needles warms me up. Anyone else have a favorite cold weather hobby? (Other than drinking.)

Old 11-20-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It's getting coooold. Brrr. Thankful for knitting. Even just the sound of clicking needles warms me up. Anyone else have a favorite cold weather hobby? (Other than drinking.)
It's snowing hard here, wind's strong and temps are around 20F and dropping. I'm psyching myself up for the next four months.

I can't say it's a favourite hobby but I have five snow shovels I keep in various locations that will get a lot of use.

When I was part of a duo, there were a lot of things I enjoyed doing to while away long winter, some of them post-able: playing cards,working on jigsaw puzzles in front of a fire, watching movies. Now, I mostly just spend time on the computer, watch sports on tv and read.

Old 11-20-2016, 11:37 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
It was autumn-actually a warm spell of 60 degrees F when I went to bed last night. I woke up and it was winter.

Cat

Old 11-20-2016, 12:44 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
It's snowing hard here, wind's strong and temps are around 20F and dropping. I'm psyching myself up for the next four months.

I can't say it's a favourite hobby but I have five snow shovels I keep in various locations that will get a lot of use.

When I was part of a duo, there were a lot of things I enjoyed doing to while away long winter, some of them post-able: playing cards,working on jigsaw puzzles in front of a fire, watching movies. Now, I mostly just spend time on the computer, watch sports on tv and read.
I couldn't live like that, it is only a mild cold front here now in Texas and I haven't left the house since it got here, I am terrified of the cold, not the cold, but what is in the wind. I haven't been sick in over 20 years because I stopped going outside when a cold front came. When I was young, they told my mother I might die every single year. Every single year I would be in the hospital for over a week, and they always said I had double pneumonia at first and then they would explain how I have something with my lungs.

Old 11-21-2016, 02:45 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,759 times
i got a link for somethin will cure that...that is just compromised immunity. probiotic, 72-plant concoction, basically. have a three day fast first, to kill the Candida. Went to Israel and drank the water after a couple of cans of it, no prob.
Greens Today Original -- 18 oz - Vitacost

they useta have a "Greens Today, Joint Formula" which i still keep the cans around, lol. for storage and such
Quote:
And I release, unharmed, the vast majority of the fishies I catch. I really enjoy seeing them swim away.
best part, huh.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:42 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
If this was discussed before, please forgive me. I have reached that age where I tend to repeat myself.

Many years ago, I was invited into someone's house. They were very nice but I felt a real negative energy and just couldn't wait to leave. I have NEVER felt such a negative energy in ANY place I have ever been-especially someone's home. I vowed that I would NEVER go into that house again (and didn't). Fast forward to 2013-the first time I walked into this house. I felt two conflicting energies-the energy on the surface was negative but underneath, I felt a very positive energy-actually, I felt love.

I totally understand that people leave their own energy in places. We got rid of some tenants at one time and I could feel the negative energy they left behind. I saged the place which got rid of that energy. I know the negative energy that I felt on the surface when I first walked into this house was leftover from the last owners-who walked away from the house. I didn't know them but knew OF them. They sued the grade school and lost (which is when they walked away from the house). I also found evidence of negativity around the house (things that were written on the walls and such).

I was planning to sage this house before we moved in but decided not to because we were told that "The Lady" was here and we didn't want her to leave. But, since we have been here, we haven't seen or heard anything that would suggest she is here. But, I have been told by people who come to visit that the house is very welcoming. I often wondered if it is just our positive energy on the house but somehow I don't think so. I think this house has a soul-a positive one at that. I can't contribute it to "The Lady" because she isn't around.

So my question is (after all that), is it possible that a place, inanimate object, or something have a soul? I guess I am trying to understand why my house radiates such positive energy. I know that our energy is added but this goes much further. Where we used to live didn't have such a positive energy as this house does. I am not complaining-far from it. I feel blessed that I am able to live in such a beautiful place that so many feel its welcoming energy.

Cat

Old 11-23-2016, 10:48 AM

1,180 posts, read 777,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
If this was discussed before, please forgive me. I have reached that age where I tend to repeat myself.

Many years ago, I was invited into someone's house. They were very nice but I felt a real negative energy and just couldn't wait to leave. I have NEVER felt such a negative energy in ANY place I have ever been-especially someone's home. I vowed that I would NEVER go into that house again (and didn't). Fast forward to 2013-the first time I walked into this house. I felt two conflicting energies-the energy on the surface was negative but underneath, I felt a very positive energy-actually, I felt love.

I totally understand that people leave their own energy in places. We got rid of some tenants at one time and I could feel the negative energy they left behind. I saged the place which got rid of that energy. I know the negative energy that I felt on the surface when I first walked into this house was leftover from the last owners-who walked away from the house. I didn't know them but knew OF them. They sued the grade school and lost (which is when they walked away from the house). I also found evidence of negativity around the house (things that were written on the walls and such).

I was planning to sage this house before we moved in but decided not to because we were told that "The Lady" was here and we didn't want her to leave. But, since we have been here, we haven't seen or heard anything that would suggest she is here. But, I have been told by people who come to visit that the house is very welcoming. I often wondered if it is just our positive energy on the house but somehow I don't think so. I think this house has a soul-a positive one at that. I can't contribute it to "The Lady" because she isn't around.

So my question is (after all that), is it possible that a place, inanimate object, or something have a soul? I guess I am trying to understand why my house radiates such positive energy. I know that our energy is added but this goes much further. Where we used to live didn't have such a positive energy as this house does. I am not complaining-far from it. I feel blessed that I am able to live in such a beautiful place that so many feel its welcoming energy.

Cat
Well, all living things were created with a life force. Even in the Bible, it does say that all things were created. So there is definitely energy. The Native Americans perhaps most freely acknowledge this, as does Pocahontas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk33dTVHreQ

"Can you sing with all the voices of the mountain! Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"

*low audio. Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwOzmiSuwso

So. I personally believe in Spritual Warfare.. I think you are more sensitive to these.

Ever had any truly SCARY experiences? Ever had to call on God to intervene, and they suddenly part from you?

Old 11-23-2016, 07:14 PM

Default Happy Thanksgiving

to all my Yankee Doodle Dandy friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism