Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2016, 06:14 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I'll just do like their god does and ignore their prayers.

Pagan cat takes back the Christmas tree! Ree-freaking-roowwrrr!!
Hahaha, I am not showing this to Foxy and Blackjack. Don't want to give them any ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 12:28 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I'll just do like their god does and ignore their prayers.

Pagan cat takes back the Christmas tree! Ree-freaking-roowwrrr!!

Too funny. We just put up our tree today (not decorated yet). My cats were checking it out but hopefully, they will leave it alone. They are pretty good about it since they are indoor cats and never have climbed a tree so I don't think they know that trees are supposed to be climbed. That is what counters are for. lol.

Our Christmas celebration will be next week. That is when all the local contingency can all make it. (Of course the California contingency won't be here. But hopefully, we can Skype with them.) We are going to have 13 over-night guests. I am not worried. We have the room and no one has to sleep in the living room (or the dinning room or the kitchen**)-unless they want to. Most will be sleeping on air mattresses but at least they won't be sleeping on the floor. And yes, we have a big enough table for everyone. Several years ago, we had a normal table-that was nice but way too small. No leaves. I convinced Hubby that we needed a new one. For just the two of us, that one was fine but the family was growing at that point. We found an antique oak table with 7 leaves at an auction. When it came time for the bidding, Hubby opened the bid at $100 and no one made a second bid. So, we got a beautiful antique table for quite a lot less than we were willing to pay. At our other house, one time we managed to get 6 of the leaves in. Everyone had a place at the table but no one could move around it because the room was so small. lol. Now, we have the big dinning room, there is plenty of room.

As chaotic as it seem to have 13 over-night guests (4 of which are under the age of 8 and 3 are teenagers)-plus the 2 of us, I am actually looking forward to it. This house was really meant to have big family gatherings. But, the nice part about it is that when it is all over, they all go home.

**When my step-son was living in D.C. we had to sleep in his kitchen-on a mattress, because the living room was full. And when we had Christmas celebrations at his step-daughter's, we had to sleep in her dinning room-on an air mattress.

Cat

Old 12-24-2016, 03:11 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

O, By the by, while I am here, just wanted to say hey to Pleroo, Hey.

Hey Hanni. Always nice to be thought of.

Old 12-24-2016, 04:04 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hahaha, I am not showing this to Foxy and Blackjack. Don't want to give them any ideas.
Did you see that woman in Australia who had a snake on her tree? I would have freaked out, but man, if that woman would have really been thinking, she should have done a Christmas photo with the snake in it like she didn't see it lol.

Old 12-24-2016, 04:13 PM

I like those pictures that come out and then you notice somebody is hiding under the bed, I keep meaning to get my daughter to pose some photos like this, don't it freak you out?

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 04-19-2024 at 02:42 AM..

Old 12-24-2016, 05:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I like those pictures that come out and then you notice somebody is hiding under the bed, I keep meaning to get my daughter to pose some photos like this, don't it freak you out?
Creeps me out in a couple of ways. The usual: A psycho/killer hiding under the bed would creep anybody out.

Plus, I'm claustrophobic and can't help picturing how cramped that guy has gotta be under there. Gives me the squirms.

Old 12-24-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Creeps me out in a couple of ways. The usual: A psycho/killer hiding under the bed would creep anybody out.

Plus, I'm claustrophobic and can't help picturing how cramped that guy has gotta be under there. Gives me the squirms.
I know right, I am also claustrophobic, and when I was a kid, I would hear Mom trying to save me from the bed, My dad would get tired of beating me lol, and he made me go under the bed. I spent hours and hours and hours trapped under a bed and I would be so mad, so desperate but there wasn't a lot they could do with me, I was like a wild animal.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:19 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
I had a cat who didn't climb, so Dad set up the tree like usual. And he put on those twinkly lights. Now honestly, what self rescpecting cat could resist? He climbed up to the top, got scared, and jumped off, and over went the tree. At least the base didn't have any water in it but a few ordiments got broken. Dad tied the tree to the wall after that.

I wouldn't trust the stuff under the tree to my dogs right now, especially if there is something edible (at least to a dog) inside. Of course Mom didn't put the really good stuff under the tree until the morning I got to open them, and took a picture of it with all the stuff before I could get started. I never unwrapped stuff, but lifting, weighing feeling and other non evasive ways was okay. My cousins had learned how to carefull take tape off and unwrap the gift, and then rewrap it very carefully. My aunt said she could tell since they did a neater job.

I think its the feeling of family there for you that I miss most. Yes, they are there but its not mom and dad and the rest of the family. I'm wondering when my son has a child if it will feel much more a draw to be near than it is now.

I go into a great funk over the holidays. Part is that my family, now gone, are deeply missed this time of year. My husband's family considers me part of theirs, even if we split up, and they are family, but its not the same. I find as I get older the more I miss my own.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I had a cat who didn't climb, so Dad set up the tree like usual. And he put on those twinkly lights. Now honestly, what self rescpecting cat could resist? He climbed up to the top, got scared, and jumped off, and over went the tree. At least the base didn't have any water in it but a few ordiments got broken. Dad tied the tree to the wall after that.

I wouldn't trust the stuff under the tree to my dogs right now, especially if there is something edible (at least to a dog) inside. Of course Mom didn't put the really good stuff under the tree until the morning I got to open them, and took a picture of it with all the stuff before I could get started. I never unwrapped stuff, but lifting, weighing feeling and other non evasive ways was okay. My cousins had learned how to carefull take tape off and unwrap the gift, and then rewrap it very carefully. My aunt said she could tell since they did a neater job.

I think its the feeling of family there for you that I miss most. Yes, they are there but its not mom and dad and the rest of the family. I'm wondering when my son has a child if it will feel much more a draw to be near than it is now.

I go into a great funk over the holidays. Part is that my family, now gone, are deeply missed this time of year. My husband's family considers me part of theirs, even if we split up, and they are family, but its not the same. I find as I get older the more I miss my own.
I love personal posts like these, always the best ones, and I want a little more color next time like,'' My auntie sue.''

Leaves me wanting to know more, I am still family with my ex's family, then there is my daughter Crystal, her Ex husbands will be at their house at Christmas an Halloween and even spend the night, nobody knows what to think of them but they sure stay family, my daughter, her husband and her ex husband unwrapping presents lol.

But family is as family does and sometimes your real family is your best friend, but family is everywhere, at work, at play, my ex father in law used to call me a man with a million friends back in the day, I would hug everyone and get personal, make family quick. Now I am a hermit.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:00 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post

When I was married to my first husband, he talked me into getting an artificial tree that I hated. I set it up and then went to work. When I got home, many of the branches were down along with much of the ornaments-complements of my cat Bear. So, I put the branches back on and redecorated the tree-only to have him take the branches down again the next day when I was at work.

What was really strange was after my marriage ended, I was still putting up that tree every year and cussing it out every year because I hated it. But, I often asked myself why I put it up year after year. I lived alone in those days and didn't NEED a tree. Bear stopped dismantling it as he was getting older and the tree didn't entice him anymore.

But, I know what you mean about being in a funk for Christmas. Actually, in those days I was always in that funk. I think that was part of the reason why I put the tree up-to TRY to get out of that funk but of course, it never really worked.

I noticed this year I am NOT in that funk-in fact, I think it is safe to say that I am the holiday "spirit." I know it is because I have a WONDERFUL husband and even though I have no kids of my own, I have a good relationship with his kids and 7 (well, now 9) little ones who call me "Grandma." How cool is THAT??!!! I have been listening to Christmas music and as a Pagan, I am NOT going to apologize for liking it-even the religious ones. I used to feel guilty about listening to it. And I want to share one of my all-time favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBP70JyRH7s

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism