Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 01:05 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Put me in mind of a poem I had to memorize in grade school, by that prolific genius, Anonymous. First verse:

O where ha’ you been, Lord Randal, my son?
And where ha’ you been, my handsome young man?’
‘I ha’ been at the greenwood; mother, mak my bed soon,
For I’m wearied wi’ hunting, and fain wad lie down.

I was in CD's penalty box. The PTB mislike how I go about my anti-fundamentalism business, so I told them I would take it elsewhere. Ergo, I'm avoiding R&S and Christianity. If I'm not confronted with idiotic bigotry, I won't feel obliged to respond.

Yes, it is. And they are. And I will, with your (and the others') help.

I have been avoiding a lot of boards-I stopped going to the political board. Hubby & I are political junkies but I have learned (the hard way), that people don't know how to discuss politics-or religion for that matter. If you don't agree with them then they start calling you names.

I go to another board and this one guy was saying how all the "liberals" on the board were jumping all over this kid a few years ago. I informed him that I am liberal and I did not and I know for a fact that many of the people who did jump all over were NOT liberals. Why do people think that liberals are to blame for everything when it is just the opposite?

Sorry, didn't mean to get political here but I am an angry liberal. If you wish to discuss this with me, send me an PM so I don't clutter this wonderful thread with my anger.

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 04:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Cat, it's a chat about "anything" thread.

It needn't be all sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.* Or necessarily Pagan-related.

I would hope this thread has a very broad umbrella. If something's bugging somebody, post about it if it helps.

Chat about anything/everything. I doubt we'll ruffle any feathers. I don't think too many frowny-faced, finger-shaking tattlers visit this forum. The word "pagan" scares certain people.

* This is how old I am. I know every word to this song and I haven't heard it in 30-some years. At least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQmBXEZEYtg

Old 12-20-2016, 05:55 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Quote:

It needn't be all sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.* Or necessarily Pagan-related.

I would hope this thread has a very broad umbrella. If something's bugging somebody, post about it if it helps.

Chat about anything/everything. I doubt we'll ruffle any feathers. I don't think too many frowny-faced, finger-shaking tattlers visit this forum. The word "pagan" scares certain people.

* This is how old I am. I know every word to this song and I haven't heard it in 30-some years. At least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQmBXEZEYtg

WOW! Talk about a flash from the past. I haven't heard that song in DECADES-and yeah, I still know all the words, too.

I have been watching Oliver Stone's The Untold History Of The United States and I realize just how f***ed up my country really is. I grew up believing that ours is BEST country on this planet but I now know how wrong that really is-and it does make me sad-and mad. My country has done nothing but bring death & destruction around the world. Germany, Japan, Korea, Viet Nam, Granada, Central American, Chile, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, and I'm sure many other places. Did you know that the U.S. government even bombed Puerto Rico-TWICE? And Puerto Rico is and was a territory at the time of the bombing. (It was under the Truman Administration in the 1950s.) With this incoming administration, I'm afraid that it is only going to get worse.

It is really getting p!ssed off when people blame the "liberals." The liberals have been suppressed for the last 100+ years with the "red scare," busting unions, and many other tactics. Now the fascists have gerrymandered our districts, suppressed the vote, obstructed, and lied to gain and hold power. And of course they blame anyone who opposes them.

I could say a whole lot more about all of this but it is really hard to write angry words when I have Sunshine, Lollypops, & Rainbows in my head. lol

Cat

Old 12-20-2016, 07:12 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Quote:

And for that I am grateful.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:15 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Did I win the internet? Cool!
Prophesy, what?

You didn't know Trout was the numbers prophet on C.D.?

You have won next months prayer flood plan. Next month there will be 60,000 people from different faiths praying for you every single day at 2 P.M.

All your dreams will be realized, and on the 20th of Jan, Trout will all lead us in an internet meditation speaking in tongues, you buy your lotto ticket on the 20th, "'Behold, Trout has thy numbers.''

O, By the by, while I am here, just wanted to say hey to Pleroo, Hey.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:33 PM

After ptsum's Sacred Circle thread, I think this one has the potential to be CD's 2nd best.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:50 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
After ptsum's Sacred Circle thread, I think this one has the potential to be CD's 2nd best.
Always been my favorite thread, the other day something made me look how many posts I had in Paganism and I was surpised, where all the cool people come.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:51 PM

88,576 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I have been avoiding a lot of boards-I stopped going to the political board. Hubby & I are political junkies but I have learned (the hard way), that people don't know how to discuss politics-or religion for that matter. If you don't agree with them then they start calling you names.

I go to another board and this one guy was saying how all the "liberals" on the board were jumping all over this kid a few years ago. I informed him that I am liberal and I did not and I know for a fact that many of the people who did jump all over were NOT liberals. Why do people think that liberals are to blame for everything when it is just the opposite?

Sorry, didn't mean to get political here but I am an angry liberal. If you wish to discuss this with me, send me an PM so I don't clutter this wonderful thread with my anger.

Cat
I know. I have engaged on the P&OC board and then found myself wondering what the HELL I thought I was doing.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:43 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Prophesy, what?

You didn't know Trout was the numbers prophet on C.D.?

You have won next months prayer flood plan. Next month there will be 60,000 people from different faiths praying for you every single day at 2 P.M.

All your dreams will be realized, and on the 20th of Jan, Trout will all lead us in an internet meditation speaking in tongues, you buy your lotto ticket on the 20th, "'Behold, Trout has thy numbers.''

O, By the by, while I am here, just wanted to say hey to Pleroo, Hey.
I'll just do like their god does and ignore their prayers.

Pagan cat takes back the Christmas tree! Ree-freaking-roowwrrr!!

Old 12-23-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I'll just do like their god does and ignore their prayers.

Pagan cat takes back the Christmas tree! Ree-freaking-roowwrrr!!
Love it. Purr-fectly Merry Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism