Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 12:54 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,515,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsop View Post

However, I don't believe you've gotten all the facts, that's all.
If parents knew the things their children said about THEM to teachers.... CPS would be overrun w/ calls on a regular basis from schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 02:17 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,727,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
If parents knew the things their children said about THEM to teachers.... CPS would be overrun w/ calls on a regular basis from schools.
Oh yes......LOL You are so correct!! Oh the stories those little buggers tell!! If teachers reported everything they hear, and if CPS responded and took seriously, all of those calls.....there'd be damn few parents out there with children, that's for sure. Not only do we rarely get all the facts, but rarely do two children have the same story.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:05 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,093,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I just got a call on my answering machine from my son's school. Apparently another child punched him during recess
They called to let me know he is ok and there is no swelling but there is some redness. I am livid. I called the school and told them that I should be contacted on my cell phone not my home phone that way I can respond more promptly. Also I told them that this is unacceptable and that I view it as bullying and I'm not taking this lightly.
They said the student that punched him has been talked to and there will be consequences.
Thanks for letting me vent.

You have every right to be angry for what happened to your son..And good for you for not taking it lightly, it was bullying

Old 10-25-2010, 03:17 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,338,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsop View Post
But that again begs the question of why, when everyone knows David is a bully, were the kids playing an "innocent game of tag" with him? I realize your son is the one with the bruise on his face, I am not condoning with David did and the school clearly needs to put something in place in ensure something like this doesn't happen again.

However, I don't believe you've gotten all the facts, that's all.

How about the fact that David punched my son in the head on the bus today? I think I have the facts.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:41 PM

208 posts, read 271,106 times
I know that you don't want your son to smack him back, but have you spoken to your son about at least verbally asserting himself? Maybe on the bus he came out of nowhere so it wouldn't help, but does your son have the verbal tools to stand up for himself?

Old 10-25-2010, 03:49 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,338,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb03 View Post
I know that you don't want your son to smack him back, but have you spoken to your son about at least verbally asserting himself? Maybe on the bus he came out of nowhere so it wouldn't help, but does your son have the verbal tools to stand up for himself?

My son hit him back. I guess he's had enough too

Old 10-25-2010, 03:50 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,231,858 times
Quote:
How about the fact that David punched my son in the head on the bus today? I think I have the facts.
I guess this is why others were questioning why the children are playing tag w/ David if he's so mean. I would think they would stay away from him. As to your son getting punched again, he needs to learn to stand up to David and show him he's not going to take it anymore.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:51 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,231,858 times
Quote:
Posted before reading that you son did indeed stand up to David.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:58 PM

208 posts, read 271,106 times
Quote:
Ok.....well, don't get too upset about it. It might turn out to work.

I hope the school doesn't have a huge problem with your son hitting him back, everyone has a breaking point - this was the 3rd/4th time or so (at least?) wasn't it?

And I hope that the school has more resources they can use with David aswell...

Old 10-25-2010, 04:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Good.

Survival instinct at its finest.

Your son didn't start this little war. I have no problem with him standing up for himself and saying, in effect, "Enough is enough." In the same situation if my son had come home and told me he'd punched out the kid I'd have said, "Hope you hit him harder than he hit you".

And tomorrow morning I'd be at that school for a "discussion" to tell them this stops. Today. (How many other kids did David hit today? Ask your son.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting