Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2010, 06:06 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Wow. I thought I was rude and outspoken sometimes. A few posts in this thread make me look tame, so thanks.

I am laughing at the rape charges for a minor? Are you serious? Talk about over the top.

I also have to laugh at the double standard that the boy is going to get a beating when they get caught. I triple dog dare you to lay a hand on my child while your little angel is laying there with her legs spread.

Make no mistake, 8 times out of 10, your sweet little little angel is pulling the wool over your eyes and she is, in fact, having sex. Yes your daughter too. Stop shaking your head, your daughter too. It makes no difference if it is a boy or a girl, they are both guilty so stop blaming just the boy.

I had the luxury of being the Mom the kids talked to about things a lot of them didn't feel comfortable talking to their own parents about. There is one thing I learned, there are some really dumb parents out there.

There were 2 girls in my high school whose parents used to exalt the fact that their daughters WOULD NEVER DO THAT. Those 2 girls banged pretty much anything that moved and both got knocked up at 18 to their parents shock,

Old 12-08-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
You say that like it's a bad thing. As the father of a daughter, all I can add is: *If* I kept my composure, I'd offer the kid a choice between dealing with me or the police, and yes, accusations of rape would be in that mix... Of course, the probability of me keeping my composure in such a situation is pretty low.

Having my daugher known as "the hot chick that no one will date because her Daddy's a bit crazy" is ok by me.

I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility and being held to account for one's actions - under all circumstances. Sometimes people make really bad choices and *need* to suffer the consequences as part of the learning process. Being on the registry might teach the kid a thing or two!

"...for the rest of his life..." I like the sound of that!

People like you make it harder for real rape victims to come forward....you should be ashamed of yourself actually playing around with the idea of a rape charge because you want to scare a guy. Guess what spanky? YOUR DAUGHTER is the one who invited the boy in...she is the one who got naked...and she is the one who spread her legs. So perhaps you should be getting pissed off at her no? And most of the time the hot chick with the crazy daddy is the easiest girl in school contrary to most daddies beliefs.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:11 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,807,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
There were 2 girls in my high school whose parents used to exalt the fact that their daughters WOULD NEVER DO THAT. Those 2 girls banged pretty much anything that moved and both got knocked up at 18 to their parents shock,
Yup. More often than not it is the parents who are blind to it all that have the worst daughters.

<-----------speaks from experience

Old 12-08-2010, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Wow. I thought I was rude and outspoken sometimes. A few posts in this thread make me look tame, so thanks.

I am laughing at the rape charges for a minor? Are you serious? Talk about over the top.

I also have to laugh at the double standard that the boy is going to get a beating when they get caught. I triple dog dare you to lay a hand on my child while your little angel is laying there with her legs spread.

Make no mistake, 8 times out of 10, your sweet little little angel is pulling the wool over your eyes and she is, in fact, having sex. Yes your daughter too. Stop shaking your head, your daughter too. It makes no difference if it is a boy or a girl, they are both guilty so stop blaming just the boy.

I had the luxury of being the Mom the kids talked to about things a lot of them didn't feel comfortable talking to their own parents about. There is one thing I learned, there are some really dumb parents out there.

No kidding because i like you would either go over there and give that parent their own beating or press charges and sue.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Yup. More often than not it is the parents who are blind to it all that have the worst daughters.

<-----------speaks from experience

Why LM I had no idea you were a wild child .

Old 12-08-2010, 06:12 AM

Quote:
No kidding because i like you would either go over there and give that parent their own beating or press charges and sue.
I very clamly threw a tv down the stairs. What do you think would happen to someone who touched my son?

Old 12-08-2010, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Having sex is not a crime. It may not be what most parents want their kids doing but its not a crime.

Being on the registry will ruin a young man's life forever. I think that is to severe a punishment for having sex. Sex is not illegal just because your little angel is involved.

Since you are such a believer in personal responsibility what would you do to your daughter?

Not to mention the fact it is disgusting considering there are real RAPE victims out there. And doing stuff like that makes it harder for them to come forward and win cases.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
I very clamly threw a tv down the stairs. What do you think would happen to someone who touched my son?
You'd very calmy put someones head through the front of a t.v.?

Old 12-08-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Why LM I had no idea you were a wild child .
Oh heck yeah. I am a prime example. I was raised very Catholic, went to church every Sunday, mom taught CCD etc... I was the apple of my mothers eye. Got great grades had no problems in school or socially or anything, always very respectful around adults. My Mom had the perfect daughter. Then I left the house.

I honestly believe it made me a better parent though. I could relate easier to everything my sons were going through. I was also always two steps ahead of them too Whatever they tried to do, I did it better. They discovered early on it was better to just be honest with me rather than lie and sneak. Worked out great for all of us.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:20 AM

Quote:
You'd very calmy put someones head through the front of a t.v.?
That would just be the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting