Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2010, 08:20 PM

224 posts, read 689,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Well your post was not an analogy. Do you know what an analogy is? Your post was not taken out of context. I really only wanted to respond to one point in your post so that is what I did. I did not change the context of the post.

Yes you said you would find out if the boy had multiple partners. But you also said you would talk to HER about being promiscuous. SHE would be paying the price for promiscuity. SHE is not necessarily being promiscuous.

Next time try to have a rational discourse with me rather than just being nasty.
Hello? She would pay for HIS being promiscuous. Duh! Doesn't that mean I would talk to her about HOW his being promiscuous would affect her??? Anyone with a brain can see that she would pay the price by catching something from him. You still don't seem to get it. All you've done is make very limited assumptions as to what would be discussed regarding the situation. And Yes, you did take it out of context. You took a very small piece of the pie, and spat out some tarty remark over some idiotic assumptions you thought up. And dont play the victim and say I am being mean to you. Take what you dish out. I'm sure you will think up an icy little comeback from way up their on your all knwing pedestal... Rolling my eyes all the way around at that...

Old 12-05-2010, 08:29 PM

917 posts, read 2,005,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Well not if you use Protection....which tends to happen more in the Gay Community more then Straight community....
You actually could still catch herpes and also hpv even if you use a condom.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:41 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,863,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hershey48 View Post
You actually could still catch herpes and also hpv even if you use a condom.
Its rare......

Old 12-05-2010, 09:14 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,976,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
I wonder how often police are actually called and have to laugh when they deal with parents like this?
In my two years I haven't heard of one instance where its happened but yes we would laugh.
It wouldn't even make it past dispatch.

911: 911 whats your emergency?
Parent: Yes I just walked in my daughter having sex?
911: how old is she and how old is the boyfriend?
parent: 16
911: Ma'am theres no actual crime here and there is nothing the cops can do.

That's how that call would go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
What would the charge be and who would be charged? Assuming that it is actually against the law would you really give your child a criminal record over having sex? IMO that's crazy.
Its not actually illegal to have sex as a minor.
There is no charge. No cop, unless the amish have police are actually going to write a teenager for having sex, unless said teenager is boinking in a car and are caught pants down, even then (and I have been on so many of those calls, we call them "humpers" and I have walked up with an officer to many steamy windows and half-naked teenagers) the cop most likely isn't going to write them.

We get their ID's, go back to the car, giggle, laugh about the "we were just talking" excuse we were just given and then if they are 16/17 or younger we usually notify the parents, sometimes we let the 17 year olds slide, if they are 18 or older we just let them go after telling them to geta room.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:18 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
In my two years I haven't heard of one instance where its happened but yes we would laugh.
It wouldn't even make it past dispatch.

911: 911 whats your emergency?
Parent: Yes I just walked in my daughter having sex?
911: how old is she and how old is the boyfriend?
parent: 16
911: Ma'am theres no actual crime here and there is nothing the cops can do.

That's how that call would go.

Its not actually illegal to have sex as a minor.
There is no charge. No cop, unless the amish have police are actually going to write a teenager for having sex, unless said teenager is boinking in a car and are caught pants down, even then (and I have been on so many of those calls, we call them "humpers" and I have walked up with an officer to many steamy windows and half-naked teenagers) the cop most likely isn't going to write them.

We get their ID's, go back to the car, giggle, laugh about the "we were just talking" excuse we were just given and then if they are 16/17 or younger we usually notify the parents, sometimes we let the 17 year olds slide, if they are 18 or older we just let them go after telling them to geta room.

it does depend on age txt but in general you are correct. And often the state won't prosecute anyway.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:25 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,976,657 times
Quote:
it does depend on age txt but in general you are correct. And often the state won't prosecute anyway.
There is a lot of stuff we have been called out to and we like what do you want us to do? Its not a crime.

There have been many times my mom called the cops on me because I "wasn't listening to her". I vividly remember sitting on the stairs snickering as the cop asked, "What do you want us to do? She didn't break a law."

And anyone who would want their kid to have criminal record over having sex has some serious control issues...

Old 12-05-2010, 09:51 PM

48 posts, read 108,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suemandy23 View Post
Hello? She would pay for HIS being promiscuous. Duh! Doesn't that mean I would talk to her about HOW his being promiscuous would affect her??? Anyone with a brain can see that she would pay the price by catching something from him. You still don't seem to get it. All you've done is make very limited assumptions as to what would be discussed regarding the situation. And Yes, you did take it out of context. You took a very small piece of the pie, and spat out some tarty remark over some idiotic assumptions you thought up. And dont play the victim and say I am being mean to you. Take what you dish out. I'm sure you will think up an icy little comeback from way up their on your all knwing pedestal... Rolling my eyes all the way around at that...
But that's not what you said at first, you should have been more clear and say you would talk to HER about HIS promiscuity. All you said was "I would talk to her about the responsibilities that come alongwith promiscuity" nowhere in that post did you mention it was his promiscuity you were talking about. Even I took the post out of context because you weren't clear.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
There is a lot of stuff we have been called out to and we like what do you want us to do? Its not a crime.

There have been many times my mom called the cops on me because I "wasn't listening to her". I vividly remember sitting on the stairs snickering as the cop asked, "What do you want us to do? She didn't break a law."

And anyone who would want their kid to have criminal record over having sex has some serious control issues...

That's why i don't pay any attention to SD because i feel he is a troll, as no woman alive would tolerate his crap.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:57 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,789,849 times
Quote:
Being a parent is about balance...if you calmly explain that while she might be having sex youd prefer that she didn't in the house due to whatever reason you can think then that is fine. If you humiliate your daughter and her bf and now make an issue about trust you will just ensure she does the opposite of what you want her to do. Now if you had done it already and she still did it then you are free to punish her. And enabling is different than understanding they are going to do it. Knowing your child might bring friends over and have a beer is different then buying him a key and playing beer pong with him.
I have a problem with "prefer", but I have no problem whatsoever with humiliating and frightening a boy with the audacity to engage in sexual intercourse with my daughter in my home. He's running the risks and deserves whatever he gets (almost without limitation).

Old 12-06-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I have a problem with "prefer", but I have no problem whatsoever with humiliating and frightening a boy with the audacity to engage in sexual intercourse with my daughter in my home. He's running the risks and deserves whatever he gets (almost without limitation).

And all you will do is ensure they go off and have sex....and sneak in your house and do it when you are at work...and do generally the opposite of what you want them to do. But hey go right ahead and do that .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting