Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2011, 09:12 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,089,333 times

Advertisements

I usually pick a topic that I know enough about to not necessitate research. It's really mainly because I hate citations, and it's my way of having to do fewer of them. Yes, that's my laziness showing through. Plus, I procrastinate and do the paper at the last minute. However, I always get an A. I'm just good at writing my papers. Shoot, when I was a freshman in college I was taking the highest level class offered in my major (history). This was when I was going to a four-year university. I was writing a paper on Vaclav Havel and the Velvet Revolution in Czechoslovakia. I spent a chunk of the paper comparing Vaclav Havel to Sully from "Dr. Quinn." The teacher in that class was very well versed in modern European history and took the subject very seriously, too. I was shocked I was able to pull that one off.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:15 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Yeah, lets just say he mistook the iron for body part he was trying to connect with another and gave himself unique burns on his manhood. Guess he couldn't take his wife being far away for long (she was visiting family out of state) and well, they came up with another way to handle business. Only thing was, he was running late for work and well

And only reason why I found out about it was because of the hysterical laughter coming out of the office next to me when he was trying to explain to his NCO why he couldn't participate in PT but was too embarrassed to go on sick call

OMG...that is funny...(well...as long as it was someone else anyway..)

Old 01-24-2011, 09:35 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,927 times
I guess the most disappointing thing about today was the box of Weight Watchers cookies I bought. On the box they look all big and yummy when really they are tiny and boring. I guess that's what 1 point gets ya.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:36 PM

That WW stuff is pricey too....figure out how many points are in a fudgesicle...it's not that many and they are cheaper than branded WW stuff.....Or the sugar free pudding made with nonfat milk....or a banana milkshake (a ripe banana, some nonfat milk and some ice cubes - and a little sweetner if you need it)...lots of alternatives for "a little something sweet"....

Old 01-24-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
That WW stuff is pricey too....figure out how many points are in a fudgesicle...it's not that many and they are cheaper than branded WW stuff.....Or the sugar free pudding made with nonfat milk....or a banana milkshake (a ripe banana, some nonfat milk and some ice cubes - and a little sweetner if you need it)...lots of alternatives for "a little something sweet"....
I don't really follow points. I just figure 1 point is code for less calories than a normal cookie.

I bought grapes too as I like to eat them like candy but I feel like it's not grape season.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 PM

Points are based on a combination of calories, fat and fiber....not just calories alone. Another thing to be careful of is things that are listed as low fat or non fat...often they simply increase the sugar to make up for the decrease in taste that cutting down on fat results in. All that increased sugar causes problems too....Best to cut down portions, and eat more whole grains and veggies (fiber), less meat and carbs....I've been watching what I eat lately and am really getting an education (and I thought I was pretty aware!) about how much sugar is in things we think of as healthy...

2,154 posts, read 4,427,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I don't really follow points. I just figure 1 point is code for less calories than a normal cookie.

I bought grapes too as I like to eat them like candy but I feel like it's not grape season.
Have you tried the grapes frozen? OMG- frozen grapes, especially green, are the best!

And yeah, those WW snacks are so tiny! That is why I had 10 of them yesterday

6,926 posts, read 6,553,639 times
My son loves grapes....and I also do.

The thing about weight loss is the mind set. Once you know the balanced diet that works for you, stick to it, and exercise, even with your kids, I love taking walks with my son, it's good exercise for him also and we have great conversations along the way. This brings us closer and he knows we can talk about everything!

Old 01-24-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post

And yeah, those WW snacks are so tiny! That is why I had 10 of them yesterday
My girlfriend and I love Skinny Cow ice cream. But we joke that when you eat the whole box at once it's more than if you at a normal ice cream cone.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
The thing about weight loss is the mind set. Once you know the balanced diet that works for you, stick to it, and exercise, even with your kids, I love taking walks with my son, it's good exercise for him also and we have great conversations along the way. This brings us closer and he knows we can talk about everything!
I agree. Lately I am only buying things with ingredients I can pronounce. But I had to keep Kraft Mac and Cheese because it's like a drug for me. I keep a box in the cabinet for "that day" when I just need a hug or a bowl of yummy cheesey pretendness. I was so sad to give up my Purdue Breaded Nuggets but I bought frozen Tilapia which is good. I really like fish and I feel healthier when I eat it vs eating a lot of chicken. Although I read it's not good to eat a lot of fish because of mercury. I am a little confused about this. I read somewhere you should eat less than 30 lbs a year, but I eat a lot of sushi. Can anyone clarify this for me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting