Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2011, 10:49 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I came up short googling it. That would be good though.
This may have to do until then....

Old 05-05-2011, 10:51 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Just turned the a/c on for the first time since last year. Going to hit 100 today. It works, Yay!
I wish we needed to use the A/C here but it hasn't been getting hot enough.
It'll be in the 80's in Tennessee.....*squeals with excitement*

I so want to move out to Scottsdale and be a cop. I know it'll be hot but I will love it.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Not ONE person responded to my turning on the a/c.

Sheesh.

Stomps foot.

Shakes head.

Goes on with life.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:53 AM

Scuse me for not liking being ignored all the time.
NOTHING I say gets responded to unless its me whining about not being responded to.

Like I said I could mention something POSITIVE like COOKIES... and I would get ignored.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:55 AM

Anyways, instead of getting ignored I am going to go help my friend get her drivers license and then take her to look at cars to buy.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:08 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I so want to move out to Scottsdale and be a cop. I know it'll be hot but I will love it.
I don't live in Scottsdale but I'm pretty sure you have to APPLY first. Which is a broad hint that we all know you haven't even applied for the academy yet. Tick tock.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:11 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Quote:
Anyways, instead of getting ignored I am going to go help my friend get her drivers license and then take her to look at cars to buy.
Sounds like a good, positive plan! Helping others is always a good place to direct thoughts and energy!

Old 05-05-2011, 11:30 AM

Anyone have healthful, high protein breakfast ideas? We do fruit smoothies, eggs once or twice a week, peanut butter on W/W toast, granola with yogurt. DS is allergic to tree nuts, so that leaves us with one brand of high protein, relatively healthy granola available. I do make granola from time to time too. They don't much care for beans, or I'd make bean burrito's.

Any other ideas?

Old 05-05-2011, 11:37 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Breakfast burritos? w/eggs, cheese and some kind of meat? mmmmmm

Or even without the eggs....just do like a breakfast chicken quesadilla....you could even throw in some avocados....

Pizza?

Last edited by maciesmom; 05-05-2011 at 11:56 AM..

Old 05-05-2011, 12:20 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I recall an encounter in the parking lot of a convenience store with a women. She had to have been crazy. I was walking out the door at the same time as them, the little girl held open the door for me. It wasn't a dramatic courtesy, just happened sort of quickly. The mother snarled at me about how rude I was for not thanking her special snowflake for holding open the door for me.

I felt badly about not thanking the little girl (especially since her mother probably made her feel badly by making a big deal about it), and I walked over to her car and apologized very sweetly, explaining briefly that I had been distracted because I was worrying about something. That's all I said, "I'm so sorry. Thank you for opening the door for me. I was distracted because I was worrying about something." (Can't remember what it was now---might have been back when the doctors thought my son had cancer but I didn't provide any details, just said those brief words I quoted.)

The mother FREAKED and started SCREAMING at me, accusing me of lying, that I was really just a mean person and making up excuses. Or something like that. Without entering into any confrontation with her, I turned around and started walking over to my car. She FOLLOWED me, SCREAMING. I got into my car, and she stood outside the closed window SCREAMING at me. She was so close to the car, I couldn't pull out for fear I would run her foot over.

Talk about cuckoo cocoa puffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Wowzer! How bizarre.

I don't know if I ever shared my road-rage incident with you guys, this happened a few years ago when we still lived in Seattle. This was a few weeks before Christmas, a young mom is walking in a parking lot pushing a stroller (with a baby in it), and holding the hand of a toddler. Apparently she was walking slowly, and someone was impatient and honked at her. I didn't see this first part. As she neared the sidewalk next to the mall entrance (still walking in the street) I walked out the mall (without my kids thank goodness). The same car is again waiting for her to cross, and in a fit of rage the driver starts screaming and cussing at her, accelerates in the direction of the mom, stroller, and toddler, but loses control of the car which bumps up on the sidewalk and ends up about a foot away from me. I was a tad angry. This poor young mother was completely distraught. Anyway there were a gazillion witnesses, and this woman was charged (I can't remember the exact charge), but she was some high-society woman, her husband was a Seattle mover and shaker, and her lawyer phoned me a number of times to get me to change my story, which was ridiculous as there were so many eye witnesses. Apparently the exacerbating factor is intent, in cases such as these if you use your car to act out your rage, your intent is assumed to harm. It was an extremely weird situation.
wow. It is one thing to yell and scream or swear. It is another to try to injure someone with your car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Thanks. Yes, P&OC is way more whackadoodle than ever these days. I really didn't know there were so many conspiratory theorists in the world. Some posters there remind me of this cartoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
It is a rare gift to know what you want to do at that age. Lucky him.

I'm still wondering what it is I want to do.....
So am I!

Quote:
Whatever, i cracked a joke and poked fun at myself in a way that said hey I know I can be awful sometimes.....and LOL would have sufficed...
Or SURELY someone here can share in the anxiety and pain of an adolescent using their car for a driving test and being anxious that the person doing so.

Sheesh.

Maybe someone might actually comment on this..
Anyone notice how the mornings kind of start of sunny and then around mid afternoon get kind of stormy and then disappears by almost night time?
Yes. I'm quite annoyed by the weather this spring. I'm sick of the wind and ready for some warm days. Hope your car is ok.

Never heard of a parking chair! That's funny. Time to pick up DS from pre K already. That was fast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting